Is black ops the last Call of Duty?

Well we all know that Infinity Ward is barley a company anymore, and Call of Duty is getting a bad rep after MW2. So will Treyarch make more Call of Dutys or will Black Ops be the last one? If so how long will they support it? And if it is I want it to go out with a BANG!!

Oh yeah Treyarch if your reading this I love you and put zombies in Black Ops

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in one way you are right Infinity ward have gone pretty much bust BUT They are now called Sledgehammer and they are making the CoD tie in after BO. Most people don't know that so pressume its a different comapny, And Activision will squeeze as much as possible out of CoD thats bassiclly what they do, And yes mw2 was a muck up but remember it was by a different company so fingers crossed BO will give us what we want and mw3 will actually be good, Oh and BTW Sledghammer (IW) No longer own the rights to CoD but still own the rights to Modern Warfare so when we talk about the next CoD by IW better be good, They should say the next MW game.

( LOL I brag alot xD)

Sledgehammer games is currently producing a Call Of Duty that probably will be out in 2011. So in my opinion, no Black Ops is not the last Call Of Duty. You've made a good point though, IW has none of it's lead designers and now they'd have to hire people who don't have a clue in order to continue designing. I just don't see it happening. Sledgehammer is a different company to IW.

Sledgehammer is under Activision. Activision still owns the rights to Call Of Duty. Jason West and Vince Zampella (Respawn Entertainment, EA) own the rights to "Modern Warfare" so they can continue to create Modern Warfare games, but not with the Call Of Duty title. The game Sledgehammer is producing is an Action-Adventure. Which is a whole new path for Call Of Duty.

And I thought IW was money hungry...i mean come on, SLEDGEHAMMER? THEY SUCK!!! Treyarch FTW

Sledgehammer has no other games thus far so we don't know if they suck. Yes, Activision is money hungry and Treyarch is going to blow up the 2010 game scene with Black Ops. But hopefully they follow up with better DLC than Infinity Ward did. I really hope they stick to Map Pack #__ Not "Resurgence, Stimulus". Because Sledgehammer hasn't shown any gameplay yet, I am worried about what they are producing.

Well in one way you are right Infinity ward have gone pretty much bust BUT They are now called Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer is a Different Company.

Jason West and Vince Zampella (Respawn Entertainment, EA) own the rights to "Modern Warfare" . . . The game Sledgehammer is producing is an Action-Adventure. Which is a whole new path for Call Of Duty.

Activision owns everything, modern warfare is Call of Duty. Now infinity ward has the rights over Treyarch to make modern warfare games, just as Treyarch has the rights over infinity ward to make a game in any time period but modern and near future. And on Sledgehammers Website it Says "Call of Duty FPS", it could still be Action-Adventure though.

And I thought IW was money hungry...i mean come on, SLEDGEHAMMER? THEY SUCK!!! Treyarch FTW

Really? What games of theirs have you played? The Call of Duty title they are working on will be their first as a studio. Sledgehammer games was founded by a couple people who helped Create Dead Space. And Dead Space is Awesome. You can't say the developer sucks when you haven't played their games or when they haven't even created any.

Zieghail, no-one knows who has to rights to any CoD game post-Cold War, as the lawsuit between IW and Activison is still ongoing, it will be sorted out next year. Then we will know the answer.

IW claims that Activision signed over the rights to all modern CoDs in their agreement to make MW2.

And igetmyspason, that 20% were the main people, the team leaders, etc.

I think they'll rebuild though, you have to remember we're dealing with a Billion dollar Developer. You REALLY Think Activision would give up on that? They sold 20 million DLC for crying out loud.

They'll be back. And with a new engine, a lot of people would buy it. If they fixed the stuff they messed up, I'd be more than happy to buy MW3. I LOVE CoD 4 and CoD 2 is a blast. IW Is a good Developer, they just fcked up. I love the story behind the Campaign too.

Well, I hate IW with a passion haha. I'm trying not to be mean. This is the most I'll say; They're money hungry donkeyholes and can fornicate themselves. I refuse to swear lol

IW made Call Of Duty. They're the reason we're getting Black Ops. I wouldn't be so quick to say I hate them with a passion. Sure, they messed up very bad, but they made the series. CoD2 and CoD4 were amazing. MW2, well, MW2 sucked.

guys didnt you know, WHY IW were in this trouble, ACITIVION WERE BLACK MAILING THEM THE MONEY THEY MADE, TO MAKE MW3, it was in post production and activison wouldnt had over there share of the mw2 profits untill they made mw3, the dlc was just maps left over that were never finsihed, thats whythere was so many glitches

sorry about the rant but i had to let it out

Meh, I hate Infinity because they never listen to their community. Treyarch does, and that's why I love them with a passion.

Oh yeah and..........Zombies owned Spec Ops so....

no infinity ward did less to the community they just added alot of stupid ideas like akimbo

Meh, I hate Infinity because they never listen to their community. Treyarch does, and that's why I love them with a passion.

Oh yeah and..........Zombies owned Spec Ops so....

no infinity ward did less to the community they just added alot of stupid ideas like akimbo

How did they listen to the community again? Commando, OMA, Marathon...