Transmission 3 on GKNOVA6 is up!

firevice

I concede that point. However, in previous transmissions, everything needed to solve the puzzle has been explicitly included in the transmission itself. The Bacon quote led to Bacon's cipher. The "SOMD" included in the Vigenere cipher led us to the classified ads. The classified ad included several anagrams of "Vigenere cipher." This time, nothing about electron configurations is present while the transmission clearly states "MOD 100." It is for this reason that I believe using modulus to solve the puzzle is more probable than using the electron configurations.

Well, you have the Marie Curie quote...

Marie Curie studied radioactivity, which uranium has and which lead blocks. Curie (the unit) has, as far as I can tell from a cursory glance at its Wikipedia page, nothing to do with electron configuration.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marie Curie studied radioactivity, which uranium has and which lead blocks. Curie (the unit) has, as far as I can tell from a cursory glance at its Wikipedia page, nothing to do with electron configuration.

I feel that these are all separate clues. Each one confirming we are on the right track, yet independent of each other. I see no reason why the solution to the MOD100 frequency should directly have anything to do with what Marie Curie studied. Plus, you used the MOD100 clue twice to get to lead, I don't see why you would assume you had to do that? Clearly taking the frequencies and dividing by 100 gave us solid answers that led directly to Plutonium and Uranium, the key to nuclear weapons. I feel that is far more relevant than lead.

With her studies of radioactivity men could probe the structure of the atom. As a result of experiments with alpha radiation, the nuclear atom was first postulated. These things helped lead to nuclear weapons. Which is confirmed by the answers plutonium and uranium. :)

I feel that these are all separate clues. Each one confirming we are on the right track, yet independent of each other. I see no reason why the solution to the MOD100 frequency should directly have anything to do with what Marie Curie studied. Plus, you used the MOD100 clue twice to get to lead, I don't see why you would assume you had to do that? Clearly taking the frequencies and dividing by 100 gave us solid answers that led directly to Plutonium and Uranium, the key to nuclear weapons. I feel that is far more relevant than lead.

With her studies of radioactivity men could probe the structure of the atom. As a result of experiments with alpha radiation, the nuclear atom was first postulated. These things helped lead to nuclear weapons. Which is confirmed by the answers plutonium and uranium. :)

I certainly did not use the mod 100 clue twice.

Division and finding the modulus are two different things.

I certainly did not use the mod 100 clue twice.

Division and finding the modulus are two different things.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you did. However, I follow it now. So you used modular arithmetic and came up with 82.

I concede that point. However, in previous transmissions, everything needed to solve the puzzle has been explicitly included in the transmission itself. The Bacon quote led to Bacon's cipher. The "SOMD" included in the Vigenere cipher led us to the classified ads. The classified ad included several anagrams of "Vigenere cipher." This time, nothing about electron configurations is present while the transmission clearly states "MOD 100." It is for this reason that I believe using modulus to solve the puzzle is more probable than using the electron configurations.

So how did you know 82 meant looking at the periodic table of elements? 82 could be anything by your own reasoning. However if you google 2818322482, there are only a few things that pop up. Most of them are links to plutonium. (or phone numbers).

So how did you know 82 meant looking at the periodic table of elements? 82 could be anything by your own reasoning. However if you google 2818322482, there are only a few things that pop up. Most of them are links to plutonium. (or phone numbers).

Originally? Originally, I was working off of Cpt Rutger's work, who incorrectly concluded that 2818322192 mod 100 = 92 and 2818322482 mod 100 = 94. He converted the numbers to the elements for me. So I suppose that's where I got it.

Had I been doing this completely without the benefit of anyone else's work, I believe I would have come to the conclusion of using the periodic table of the elements by the nuclear theme presented with the Marie Curie quote and the earlier depictions of atomic bombs and uranium diagrams. Upon using the periodic table of the elements to get uranium and lead, I would have thought my findings were verified by the uranium diagrams.

(Sorry if that was hard to follow.)

[[Also by the way I'm going to just out and say that, after reviewing all the clues, I am completely and obviously wrong. My original post was just questioning Cpt Rutger's method and results. But after the electron configurations were brought up I definitely should have settled. Let's continue doing work, though.]]

In the first transmission disappeared phrase " Hell is Purple" ! WTF?=)

Ya I had noticed they changed things around. The second transmission had a much longer "sssssssss" noise at the end where the sputnik image is found.

Perhaps when the next transmission is up this third one will change so that we can figure out what is left of it.

I see a bit of confusion on the Marie Curie clue.

The frequencies in the clue are (in Hz)

200 800 1800 3200 2400 800 200

200 800 1800 3200 2100 900 200

Mod 100 on all of these leaves:

2 8 18 32 24 8 2

2 8 18 32 21 9 2

Those sequences are the "electron shells" of Plutonium and Uranium respectively. If you add the numbers up:

2+8+18+32+24+8+2=94

2+8+18+32+21+9+2=92

94 is the atomic number for Plutonium

92 is the atomic number for Uranium

I got it I GOT IT!!!!

I used the 4th section of the tableau as the letter key for the converting number to letters and got this:

heres the key:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

n g h i j l m n q u  v  w  x  z  k  r  y  p  t  o  s  a  b  c  d  e

Here's the text:

usenet dragonsbreath

Woot!!!!!

NOVA TRUTHSEEKERS -

I want this story told. This is the tip of the iceberg.

Tell All But Ultraviolet November.

Send All Relevant Items Now.

Situation Offers Many Appropriate Nights.

we’ll have a GAS.

The elements are in the sounds and words. Look and listen.

-DRAGONSBREATH

I got it I GOT IT I FUCKING GOT IT!!!!

I used the 4th section of the tableau as the letter key for the converting number to letters and got this:

heres the key:

Here's the text:

usenet dragonsbreath

Woot!!!!!

wait wait wait, what tableau did you use?

I got it I GOT IT I FUCKING GOT IT!!!!

heres the key:

Here's the text:

usenet dragonsbreath

Woot!!!!!

wait wait wait, what tableau did you use?

The 4 "dings" lead me to use the 4th tableau (the bottom right section of Kryptos). So I took the first row of that tableau.

IE first row in the bottom right quadrant here:

http://elonka.com/kryptos/transcript.html

is

NGHIJLMNQUVWXZKRYPTOSABCDEFGHIJL

Well congratulation then, it seems you got the damn thing! Plus, the google announce has been posted on april 20 so it's most likely the real sh*t (a day before the update of GKNOVA).

EDIT: the bast*rds really played with us, making us familiar with the quote+cypher decryption but for this one, it wasn't a cypher at all (while Kryptos was deeply related to it).

Well congratulation then, it seems you got the damn thing! Plus, the google announce has been posted on april 20 so it's most likely the real sh*t (a day before the update of GKNOVA).

That is the part that I am concerned about too lol. With the growing popularity of gknova site it is going to get harder to separate genuine information.

Great work none the less Shizzire. Question though - once you got the text sequence did you put it back in the Vigenere cipher? Or did you just go through the normal decrypt method of rearranging them?