Crossbow in the Code...not in the Egg

So my posts on the egg have been rather silent lately as, well, the data and intel thread says it all...that what we know, but nothing worthy of interest.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=8269

This thread talks about a wierd howling noise...which is nothing more than a ringing sound. In fact, if you watch the entire series, you hear this sound several times throughout (had earphones on in a quiet room). However, this sound seems to appear only in areas concerning the redlights with the bell attached...whether I'm looking too far into this or not, I don't know.

However, what I'm really curious about is this line of code "supposedly" taken from the ascension map and seemingly accepted by many as the code for the easter egg within the map.

wait_for_combo( trig )

{

self endon( "death" );

self thread kill_trig_on_death( trig );

weapon_combo_spot = GetStruct( "weapon_combo_spot", "targetname" );

ray_gun_hit = false;

doll_hit = false;

crossbow_hit = false;

players = get_players();

array_thread( players, ::thundergun_check, self, trig, weapon_combo_spot );

This is the agreed upon weapons needed to activate the freedom of Gersch himself...however, this video here disproves the need for the Awful Lawton (upgraded crossbow)

http://www.nextgentactics.com/VideoPlay ... entID=8557

Next Gen has debunked a lot in this entire series of videos...but now the need for the crossbow? In fact all we see is 2 Zeus Canon shots, one doll, and several rayguns. (Start the video around 9 minutes into it)

If this is the case, then what is the purpose of the above code if not to prove the exact necessity of certain weapons?

Also, since the flags are set to false, is it ONLY necessary for an upgraded Thundergun?

This is the first anything to spark in a while, so I'm open to thoughts.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my posts on the egg have been rather silent lately as, well, the data and intel thread says it all...that what we know, but nothing worthy of interest.

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=8269

This thread talks about a wierd howling noise...which is nothing more than a ringing sound. In fact, if you watch the entire series, you hear this sound several times throughout (had earphones on in a quiet room). However, this sound seems to appear only in areas concerning the redlights with the bell attached...whether I'm looking too far into this or not, I don't know.

However, what I'm really curious about is this line of code "supposedly" taken from the ascension map and seemingly accepted by many as the code for the easter egg within the map.

wait_for_combo( trig )

{

self endon( "death" );

ray_gun_hit = false;

doll_hit = false;

crossbow_hit = false;

players = get_players();

This is the agreed upon weapons needed to activate the freedom of Gersch himself...however, this video here disproves the need for the Awful Lawton (upgraded crossbow)

http://www.nextgentactics.com/VideoPlay ... entID=8557

Next Gen has debunked a lot in this entire series of videos...but now the need for the crossbow? In fact all we see is 2 Zeus Canon shots, one doll, and several rayguns. (Start the video around 9 minutes into it)

If this is the case, then what is the purpose of the above code if not to prove the exact necessity of certain weapons?

Also, since the flags are set to false, is it ONLY necessary for an upgraded Thundergun?

This is the first anything to spark in a while, so I'm open to thoughts.

Not sure what the relation between the code snippit you posted and the thread is.... explain please?

in avoiding posting the entire Easter Egg code we expect to be true, that snippit is taken from the last section of firing all the weapons together into a Gersch device. Listed with Flags is each of the weapons needed (Raygun, Dolls, Crossbow, etc). Yet, the movie clip shows the crossbow is unnecessary. If this is the case, then what does this section of coding mean?

maybe the next step that everybody is looking for is blatently stated in this code. every gun is labeled false except thundergun, there have also been countless theories about how not enough power leads to nothing and too much leads to DMs but what about the right amount, the guy usually says system overload when we unload everything. maybe if we can find a way to just activate it using the thundergun, something will happen, just an idea

Guys, I've worked with coding before and the whole thing about weapon "hits" being false means that they shouldn't/do not need to be used is not what that means. The (weapon)_hit == false is indicatory that the (weapon)_hit is what's called a flag. A flag is basically like a little switch for a lightbulb. In this case, the lightswitch is when the (weapon) "hits" the gersch. The lightbulb is the (weapon)_hit. So that portion of the code is simply making sure that in the code, the lightbulb (weapon)_hit for that gersch device is switched off. If anyone has had any experience with coding (even something as simple as like a TI calculator its just setting a flag variable to false. When the gersch is hit by the (weapon) then the flag will be set to: (weapon)_hit == true.

That rules out that the code saying all those (weapon) hits being "== false" does not mean that you either definitely need or definitely do not need those weapons. I'm taking a look into the interesting part of the code that seems to be referring to the damage counters and the apparent difference between the "ann_egg" and the "gersch_egg".

in avoiding posting the entire Easter Egg code we expect to be true, that snippit is taken from the last section of firing all the weapons together into a Gersch device. Listed with Flags is each of the weapons needed (Raygun, Dolls, Crossbow, etc). Yet, the movie clip shows the crossbow is unnecessary. If this is the case, ps3 headset, ps3 controller then what does this section of coding mean?

maybe the next step that everybody is looking for is blatently stated in this code

Again, what leads people to think there is more.

If we have this so called code, why can't we find anything.

Is there a link to the entire code, I know a lo of programming, I'll print the whole thing ou tomorrow and go over it line by line.

I reviewed the question code and have determined why cross bow doesn't matter:

wait_for_combo( trig )
{
self endon( "death" );
ray_gun_hit = false;
doll_hit = false;
crossbow_hit = false;
players = get_players();
while ( 1 ) {
trig waittill( "damage", amount, attacker, dir, org, mod );
if ( isDefined( attacker ) ) {
if ( mod == "MOD_PROJECTILE_SPLASH" && (attacker GetCurrentWeapon() == "ray_gun_upgraded_zm" ) ) {
ray_gun_hit = true;
} else if ( mod == "MOD_GRENADE_SPLASH" ) {
if ( amount >= 90000 ) {
doll_hit = true;
} else if ( attacker GetCurrentWeapon() == "crossbow_explosive_upgraded_zm" ){
crossbow_hit = true;
}
}
if ( ray_gun_hit && doll_hit && flag( "thundergun_hit" ) ) {
flag_set( "weapons_combined" );
level thread soul_release( self, trig.origin );
return;
}
}
}
}
Unlike ray_gun_hit and doll_hit, crossbow_hit is never used. The logic was put in to set it true but as seen here, it is never referenced to end the Easter egg:
return;
}

Line: if ( ray_gun_hit && doll_hit && flag( "thundergun_hit" ) ) {

This states that the ray gun hits once, the doll hits at least once and the thunder gun hits once to activate the end of the Easter egg: level thread soul_release( self, trig.origin );

Explanation: Based on how the code is constructed, this looks more like a bug that wasn't caught in testing. When reviewing it the first time, even I missed the fact that the cross bow wasn't being checked in the last if statement.

This was a good find. Thank you for creating the post.

This thread was created after the video was made. I can only analyze the code and give you my view on it. I never said you had to agree with me. People should use there own judgment on what they read. Note that I never took credit for finding this error in code. I my self over looked it. That is why I gave a complement to the poster of this thread.

HoboRisesAgain, if you look at the second code block that you quoted, it is rather clear that

"level thread soul_release( self, trig.origin );" is only called when ray gun, thunder gun, and dolls have hit the gursh device. Cross bow is set true in the code, but is never used within the scope of the function.

I reviewed the question code and have determined why cross bow doesn't matter:

wait_for_combo( trig )
{
self endon( "death" );
ray_gun_hit = false;
doll_hit = false;
crossbow_hit = false;
players = get_players();
while ( 1 ) {
trig waittill( "damage", amount, attacker, dir, org, mod );
if ( isDefined( attacker ) ) {
if ( mod == "MOD_PROJECTILE_SPLASH" && (attacker GetCurrentWeapon() == "ray_gun_upgraded_zm" ) ) {
ray_gun_hit = true;
} else if ( mod == "MOD_GRENADE_SPLASH" ) {
if ( amount >= 90000 ) {
doll_hit = true;
} else if ( attacker GetCurrentWeapon() == "crossbow_explosive_upgraded_zm" ){
crossbow_hit = true;
}
}
return;
}
}
}
}
Unlike ray_gun_hit and doll_hit, crossbow_hit is never used. The logic was put in to set it true but as seen here, it is never referenced to end the Easter egg:
return;
}

Line: if ( ray_gun_hit && doll_hit && flag( "thundergun_hit" ) ) {

This states that the ray gun hits once, the doll hits at least once and the thunder gun hits once to activate the end of the Easter egg: level thread soul_release( self, trig.origin );

Explanation: Based on how the code is constructed, this looks more like a bug that wasn't caught in testing. When reviewing it the first time, even I missed the fact that the cross bow wasn't being checked in the last if statement.

This was a good find. Thank you for creating the post.

Guess what fool?!! The last piece of code containing level thread is after that, sam_is_angry_level_thread.

You sure you've been reading the code?

Whats really funny bal is that I presented those things to you in the other more dead thread of yours. So good job pal, have people ask you questions in one thread then post them as your own idea in others. Good thing I italicized all those pieces of the code that stood out as odd.

I asked you about those things and you never responded to them, only part of what I asked then commented on my posting habits. Funny how you ended up with my ideas from other posts around douche bag.

Hey its a good thing you determined the crossbow isn't needed when A, Most of us came to that conclusion by reading the code w/ out being a software engineer and B, it has been proven in video for a little while now, weeks. Ok you can go back to being the most fake smart person in the room bal.

Lastly, crossbow gets mention in the end section of the egg, reviving does too, now what does an upgraded crossbow, a perkless person and needing to revive someone have in common? HMMMM maybe there is an achievement that might help you figure that out.

If I remember correctly, all he did was ask you (with a "please" to put the code in a block so it wouldn't elongate the thread, and then you got super defensive and called him an asshole.

Let's face it, no one takes you seriously because you're rude.

level thread maps\_zombiemode_powerups::minigun_weapon_powerup( self, 90 );

}

play_egg_vox( ann_alias, gersh_alias, plr_num )

{

if( IsDefined( ann_alias ) )

{

level maps\zombie_cosmodrome_amb::play_cosmo_announcer_vox( ann_alias );

}

if( IsDefined( gersh_alias ) )

{

level maps\zombie_cosmodrome_amb::play_gersh_vox( gersh_alias );

}

if( IsDefined( plr_num ) )

{

players = get_players();

rand = RandomIntRange( 0, players.size );

players[rand] maps\_zombiemode_audio::create_and_play_dialog( "eggs", "gersh_response", undefined, plr_num );

}

}

samantha_is_angry()

{

playsoundatposition( "zmb_samantha_earthquake", (0,0,0) );

playsoundatposition( "zmb_samantha_whispers", (0,0,0) );

wait(6);

level clientnotify( "sia" );

playsoundatposition( "zmb_samantha_scream", (0,0,0) );

}

How about now, asshole. I will say that if a person avoids very valid points only to point out that I took up too much space in a place with infinite space available to us. Sorry you had to scroll for 1.6 seconds longer. I wasted less space and time of people than 99 percent of post's on here.

Think about what really matters. You may be passive aggressive I'll just be myself.

HURR DURR I"M MAD AND I"M BRINGING UP CODE THAT DOESN"T ACTUALLY MATTER

Ok I know this would take some skill but did anyone think abou shooting THE SOUL with the crossbow or something else ( don't take the bolded words in the wrong way I'm trying to point that part so ppl aren't saying stuff like " duhh this is what's the whole thred is about"

I personally don't see anything in code that would support the idea of shooting the soul and here is my justification:

thundergun_check( model, trig, weapon_combo_spot )
{
model endon( "death" );
while (1) {
self waittill( "weapon_fired" );
if ( self GetCurrentWeapon() == "thundergun_upgraded_zm" ) {
if ( DistanceSquared( self.origin, weapon_combo_spot.origin ) vector_to_spot = VectorNormalize( weapon_combo_spot.origin - self GetWeaponMuzzlePoint() );
vector_player_facing = self GetWeaponForwardDir();
angle_diff = acos( VectorDot( vector_to_spot, vector_player_facing ) );
if ( angle_diff flag_set( "thundergun_hit" );
RadiusDamage( trig.origin, 5, 1, 1, self );
}
}
}
}
}
In this section of code you can see the math on aiming the thunder gun toward the gursh. No where else in the code is similar logic used. For your convenience, I have posted the soul release code below to show how it moves.
	soul_release( model, origin ) {
soul = Spawn( "script_model", origin );
soul SetModel( "tag_origin" );
soul PlayLoopSound( "zmb_egg_soul" );
fx = PlayFXOnTag( level._effect["gersh_spark"], soul, "tag_origin" );
time = 20;
model waittill( "death" );
level thread play_egg_vox( "vox_ann_egg6_success", "vox_gersh_egg6_success", 9 );
level thread wait_for_gersh_vox();
soul MoveZ( 2500, time, time - 1 );
wait( time );
soul Delete();
wait(2);
level thread samantha_is_angry();
}

I don't really understand the code that much but I want to learn srry

I don't recommend this for a starting language. Its something that COD uses for their games. If you want to learn coding, I recommend you taking a java class.

The code for this game is written more in a C Language style as they use Pointers to function mapping.

You might want to google, Function, Method, and Struct.

• 4 months later...