PoppaQuad's late introduction

Loredude

Just realized that after the almost full year that I've been on the forums and discord, I've never made an introduction, so I'll be doing that today.

Hello, I'm PoppaQuad, or Quad, or just PQ, call me whatever you'd like.  I'm 18 years old and was born and raised in Bath County Kentucky (if you want a good read, look up the Bath County meat shower, interesting event, infact part of this happened right on the property where I was raised.)

I'm interested in the arts and am a absolutely obsessed with stories (ofc including the Aether/Dark Aether story).  I have a few social medias you can find me on, which I use quite frequently such as:

my youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCth2ijlmPLXnI4BJaT79smA

And my two twitter accounts: @PoppaQuad and @CodLoreFacts

I think that about does it for now, I'll see you people around on the forums/Discord!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

That meat shower sounds horrifying, I love local mysteries like that, haha!

IN all seriousness, I'm glad you are with us buddy. You're a guy I can always appreciate. And arts you like, you say? What kind of arts? Do you make something yourself as well? About history, I too am interested in the subject but rather ancient history. What brings your interest to the late 1900s?

Thanks Anonymous!  About the meat shower stuff, I actually know someone just up the road from me that owns a sample of the meat that fell that day, they have it preserved in a jar.  I think you can even find pictures of it online.

I've only recently gotten into Visual art such as painting, drawing, and photography and the sort, I haven't posted any in quite a while online but you can find some of my early stuff  (that I've abandoned for the time being unfortunately) on my Twitter.  Even more recently (within the last couple days even) I've started to into learning how to produce renders, that I plan on using as thumbnails for an upcoming series I'm working on for my youtube channel.

As for history, I've been drawn towards the mid to late 1900's since I was super young, especially ww2 and the Cold War.  I'm pretty sure my interest in that part of history stemmed from my Grandfather's secretive time in working in some branch of the U.S military.  I never found out exactly what he did, but for whatever reason he spoke like 6 different languages and from like the mid 1950's to sometime in the 80's, he traveled all over the globe doing stuff for the military.  It was this that got me super into learning about conspiracy theories, and U.S. history, especially stuff relating to WW2 or the CIA.  So when Bo1 about to come out, I was instantly drawn towards Black Ops / Zombies lore.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, PoppaQuad said:

Thanks Anonymous!  About the meat shower stuff, I actually know someone just up the road from me that owns a sample of the meat that fell that day, they have it preserved in a jar.  I think you can even find pictures of it online.

I've only recently gotten into Visual art such as painting, drawing, and photography and the sort, I haven't posted any in quite a while online but you can find some of my early stuff  (that I've abandoned for the time being unfortunately) on my Twitter.  Even more recently (within the last couple days even) I've started to into learning how to produce renders, that I plan on using as thumbnails for an upcoming series I'm working on for my youtube channel.

As for history, I've been drawn towards the mid to late 1900's since I was super young, especially ww2 and the Cold War.  I'm pretty sure my interest in that part of history stemmed from my Grandfather's secretive time in working in some branch of the U.S military.  I never found out exactly what he did, but for whatever reason he spoke like 6 different languages and from like the mid 1950's to sometime in the 80's, he traveled all over the globe doing stuff for the military.  It was this that got me super into learning about conspiracy theories, and U.S. history, especially stuff relating to WW2 or the CIA.  So when Bo1 about to come out, I was instantly drawn towards Black Ops / Zombies lore.

That is sick, haha, both that meatshower and the fact your grandpa could speak 6 languages! It always seems to cool to me if you can just talk to people across the world in their own native language. And that is what I want, you know, during my life the most happiest moments were when I was in another country meeting up with random people in a hostel to have a drink, see the city, etc. Everyone knows no-one and therefore everyone is super open to the rest. Given we always live in the present, and it is never past nor future, I try to live a bit short-term with eyes on the present and travel as much as I can.

Unfortunately, I don't have Twitter 😞 What kind of style do you draw/paint? Landscapes and nature? Abstract? In the most recent years, I have learned to really appreciate art (I finally grew up) and I can't wait to visit some museums when Covid is over. I cannot really make art myself though

18 hours ago, Rapt said:

Welcome!
I've subbed to your YouTube.
Hope to see some more videos I like your stuff! 👌

Thx man, I got some more stuff in the works that I think a lot of people in the lore side of the community will like, that should be coming out relatively soon.

18 hours ago, anonymous said:

That is sick, haha, both that meatshower and the fact your grandpa could speak 6 languages! It always seems to cool to me if you can just talk to people across the world in their own native language. And that is what I want, you know, during my life the most happiest moments were when I was in another country meeting up with random people in a hostel to have a drink, see the city, etc. Everyone knows no-one and therefore everyone is super open to the rest. Given we always live in the present, and it is never past nor future, I try to live a bit short-term with eyes on the present and travel as much as I can.

Unfortunately, I don't have Twitter 😞 What kind of style do you draw/paint? Landscapes and nature? Abstract? In the most recent years, I have learned to really appreciate art (I finally grew up) and I can't wait to visit some museums when Covid is over. I cannot really make art myself though

I haven't really settled into a style just yet, still learning, but here's a piece that I was working on, but isn't finished yet, I plan on coming back and finishing it some day. 

20210429_205251.jpg

Archived