My WWII Private Beta Review

ZombiesIsKey

So the WWII Private Beta finally came to us on Friday and what a weekend it has been. It didn't completely go to plan as my cars brakes decided to give up on me so not a good start to my Friday but the weekend got better. I spent so much more time than planned playing the beta and I can honestly say, well done sledgehammer. 

First of all, the game is still in beta as we know so we're going to give it a little space and time but for the first beta of the game they have absolutely nailed it. Such a big difference in gameplay and over all satisfaction. 

The 3 maps were really good. The only thing I had a problem with was how small they were and that didn't really give us the best advantage while using snipers but the new war gamemode and map made up for that.

All of the guns were usable and good. ARs felt amazing, SMGs melted up close, LMGs were outstanding and longer ranges, especially on their bipods. Shotguns actually felt good and useable as well as the snipers. Another problem I came across was the fact that the game just seemed very SMG friendly. Everyone used them, hopefully with the addition to new and bigger maps this will make people use other guns.

The new menu is very clean and nice. A problem i came across with it though was that you can't actually tell if your friend has joined your party. The only way of seeing is going into your party settings and make sure his/her name is there. I also really like the ability to pick character faces and I also love the Divisions idea instead of create a class .

I will be playing it again next week in the open beta where more things will be added which should be even more fun. But for the games first beta, it is very good and steady game.

The servers were fantastic. Never lagged or got disconnected once. The level was capped at 20 then was raised to 25 which gave us a few extra items bit nothing too big.

I can't wait to see what zombies will be like as for only playing a still in beta and very small part of the game, I have been very happy with the outcome. 

If you have any questions to ask please feel free to ask me anything and I'll try and answer the best I can! :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived