The second outbreak at Nacht der Untoten

• Moderators

“Ever since the second outbreak at Nacht der Untoten, troops have been noticing strange radio transmissions and broadcasts taking place in the dead of the night” 
This quote was said by the Mysterious Radio Transmissions Intelligence on Treyarch’s official site (2009). Now this gives me many questions, but the most important: Were there two outbreaks at Nacht der Untoten? We actually played two different ones: In World at War and in Black Ops. What if the outbreak in WaW was the first one, the place were zombies were tested by the Germans. We all think the American soldiers are crashed there and try to escape, but maybe they were captured by the Germans, who wanted to test their newest weapon, the zombies, on the soldiers. After the dead of the Americans, the Germans stopped the zombies, knowing how powerfull they were, and the Nacht der Untoten test site was safe again. In the Kino loading screen you see the loading screen of Nacht and Verrückt  (and the menu picture of SNN and the teleporter of DR), meaning this is after these maps. Now, the NDU loading screen in Black Ops looks very different. I still dont understand it, what happens and who is that person (Vrill Ya? Looks like he has control over space-time so maybe.), but it is definately different. Could this mean that this map takes after the events of Kino place, instead of like the WaW one, before. That the O4 are teleported to here and Samantha sents zombies to them, this leading to the “Second outbreak of Nacht der Untoten”? Could this mean that Verrückt, which also has another loading screen in BO, and in which you also play as the O4 in BO, also is a second outbreak? I think these maps are more then only a copy of the Original WaW maps, they have something to do with the story.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

@Monopoly Mac @BlindBusDrivr

Us three used to go rounds and rounds about the pre-Shi No Numa intel and what it could all mean. Just as a heads up, this intel is about the World at War NDU, not the Black Ops NDU, so if there were a second outbreak, the second outbreak would be World at War NDU, not Black Ops NDU. Also for a while, we tried to say that this meant NDU was the second outbreak, which didn't make sense to us because we thought that was Verruckt. Short answer, we concluded that it doesn't mean anything unless they give us some reason to reconsider it. Those were dark times when we had to refer to those haha.

• Moderators

And how do you think about the comic book? I think Kino loading screen is the first page of the book because it includes loading screens of previous maps. But the NDU and Verrückt comic book loading screen in BO1 are different. Could that mean these pages are after the Kino page, or how do you think about this?

• Administrators

I'm torn on the comic books, partially because I didn't look a ton into them but mainly because it's been so long since we've had them (Buried was the last?).

Kino could make sense as the first one, so I'm with you there. The screen for NDU seems to be completely unrelated, so yeah I think it would probably be placed later (but that could be anywhere haha). As for the Verruckt screen, it's different? What do you mean?

I think the more important question is: Why is Nacht der Untoten, which is in America (as it is in Tranzit), filled with Nazi Zombies? I didn't know Nazi's were in America.

9 hours ago, Guest said:

I think the more important question is: Why is Nacht der Untoten, which is in America (as it is in Tranzit), filled with Nazi Zombies? I didn't know Nazi's were in America.

The one in TranZit is just an easter egg, that isn't actually Nacht der Untoten. Just a nice reference to show how far we had come.