So, guys, I'm looking at doing a series on the CoDz youtube channel, as well as my own channel going through and playing every single Zombie map. In doing so, I would like to make this some sort of challenge for myself and whoever I might choose to play with. I want to make an attempt at going as far as I possibly can on each of the maps. Now, I already have some good strategies on how to do this for some of the maps, but there are others that I'm not too sure on. So, instead of me going out and doing a ton of research, I decided it would be much more beneficial for me to come to you guys and enlist your help. As such, I would like to know what strategies you all use on each of the maps, regardless of whether it's a solo attempt or co-op.

Don't be shy either, if you only know of a good strategy for a single map, then that's great! Post it here. I'd love to see it. I want to collect as many great strategies as I can here for all of the maps. If at all possible, I would ask that you please post a link to a thread here or embed a youtube video showing the strategy in action. I feel that eventually this will become not only a good strategy source for me as I embark on this video series journey, but it will also become a great resource for anyone who wants to progress to the high rounds on any of the maps. I intend to update this post later on with all of the collected strategies once we've begun to collect a large number of them.

So with that all described above, let's get to it zombie players! Tell me your favorite Zombie map strategies!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Good show, friendo! Getting that YouTube chock full with vids sounds like an awesome plan. As far as strategies go, it depends on what you're looking into (high rounds, speed runs, safe zones, etc). Still, I think all the strategies that people will come up with can be of much benefit and may even give you new insight on the maps themselves. :)

Nacht der Untoten

You can do figure 8's around the thin walls of the Mystery Box room. Hug the wall as tightly as possible to allow space in between. If you feel uncomfortable getting too close to the zombies, a little bit of circling can help as well. I would leave the stairs blocked off in that room to allow only one major spawn (initial room) alongside the four other entrances. And if you're playing the Black Ops version, Thundergun will go a long way as a third weapon choice with Mule Kick.

Verruckt

Circling around the entire facility should do you just fine, if you're playing solo of course. Otherwise, you can hold up for a good amount of time in the Speed Cola room with the k!tch3n [i still can't say that word, damn] inaccessible. This creates only one barrier behind the group and the rest to consolidate into two pathways, eventually merging into the hallway (you can keep buying Bouncing Betties to make this flow nicely). The traps also force the zeds to come up the stairs and the back barrier only.

Shi No Numa

The area right after passing the flogger makes great for tight training. In addition, it helps during Hellhound rounds. Not only do you have a trap available right next to you, but there's ton of running space to go around that location so you don't feel cornered. You could also do a bit of running towards the Doctor's hut (I think it is) and run around in the muddy waters...though it will constrict your movement severely.

Der Riese

As if strategies haven't been done to death on this one map. Honestly though, I find training next to the power switch to be superior as a solo strategy. A trap handy with a potential Mystery Box spawn and an MP40 or FG42 nearby? Sounds like a good plan to be - and it hasn't failed me yet. If you have teammates, keep them camped up on the catwalk with perhaps another one doing thinner trains down on the lab floor.

Kino der Toten

Stage stage stage stage stage. It's been tested and proven on solo and co-op. If with teammates, you could also holdout in the supply room (above the theater past the alley) while keeping the stairwell to the theater closed off. Have two people stand ground facing the alley and two defending the barriers inside the room itself. There is also a chance of a Mystery Box spawn and the AK74-u in the alley.

FIVE

Good luck.

Just kidding. You can do a bit of holding out in the MPL hallway before heading out down below into the control room. Either keep things situation on the catwalk, or back yourselves into the large elevator, switching back and forth between the basement elevator and rising back to the control room elevator. The switch acts as a defense mechanism and can allow some time to revive a fallen teammate, set claymores, the works.

Another strategy you can try involves the Pack-a-Punch room. Every round, hold out somewhere until you hit all the switches to reach the final Defcon level. Get into the PaP room, and prepare to hollow out the incoming horde waiting outside. Rinse and repeat. If combined with the elevator trick, this may save time for the Defcon levels to reset after leaving the PaP room.

On a solo run, you can have the entire floor of the control room to yourself. Open up the barriers and enjoy running a severely tight but effective training around the entire room.

Ascension

Too easy, but you could do various training at the lander station near PhD Flopper, the Claymore area/lander station, outside of Pack-a-Punch, in spawn underneath the spinning mechanism, so on and so forth.

Call of the Dead

There are two major training sessions I see with this map: spawn and the AK74-u area. The good thing about these is that there are weapons available in each and a body of water to cool of George in case he's busting your balls. I feel that both are superior and equivalent but I personally enjoy spawn because 1) it's more open 2) more escape routes 3) delay where zombies slow down in water unless they're sprinting 4) Quick Revive machine.

Shangri-la

Much similar to FIVE, but a little more vast in terms of landscape and movement. Solo will call for running around the entire map at some point with the Shrink Ray, and before that, may require a bit of training the AK74-u room before accessing the door to PhD Flopper. If in co-op, you could possibly hold out on the bridge or on the railcart. This is very team-oriented unless you're absolutely godlike in dragging or cutbacks.

Moon

My favorite map of all time. What strategies CAN'T you do here? I personally love heading to the Ak74-u area and just circling around the rock. 9/10 times you won't be hit because the zombies will be too busy floating while you race them around the perimeter. If that's not your style of training, you can go old school by fending off in the Biodome. Co-op makes this a breeze since every person will have their own area to contain and not that many zombies. The only downfall to this is the lack of weapons to constantly access and the perilous event of an oxygen breaching via excavator.

Having someone with Hacker on hand, however, will not only prevent excavators from reaching the Biodome in time but also allows for Max Ammos up the wahzoo.

Tranzit :: Green Run

There is literally no strategy for this map. You can train at the Bus Depot, the tunnels, outside of the garage at the Diner, around the truck in Farm, bouncing between buildings in Town, anything. The safest would be Town, Diner, and the tunnels. It's your pick at that point.

Town offers Juggernog but no weapon access so you may have to teleport or be patient and wait for the bus to roll by with the B23R in it. Diner has the MP5 and Speed Cola nearby, alongside unlimited Zombie Shields. This makes Diner the best of the three, but requires tighter training than the others. Tunnels is more open for running but only has the M16 available (although it works well when PaP'ed into the Skullcrusher).

Nuketown

Backyards are a must. You may be required to do many, many cutbacks because zombies will be hopping over fences and diving through the doorways on the first floor of the houses. In the long run, it's worth it since you're almost guaranteed a Mystery Box spawn every time and a good perk machine near by. If one backyard doesn't have what you like, use the other. Also, Mustang & Sally all the way.

Die Rise

Buddha Room is a great choice for holdout out with teammates or running solo. If you run solo, use the floor as your running space with the balcony access and broken pole to your advantage. If with teammates, have one person run on the floor and three camp up top to block barriers and protect the runner below here and there.

Another place would be the dragon rooftops, right next to the NavCard table. If all teammates huddle there with one Trample Steam behind the group (right into the barrier), you'll be safe for a long time. Create your own "Claymore Garden" underneath the rampway in case you need to kill off a group of zombies and haven't the ammo to do so. Sliquifier is fairly dangerous here. I would advise having an upgraded SVU on hand and possible an An-94. If you're lucky, the Pack-a-Punch and Juggernog machine will be in the neighboring elevators instead of the lonely corner.

Mob of the Dead

It's like a heightened version of Shangri-la and Five, but with a little more space. Most people find the cafeteria to be the perfect training zone, but I honestly call for the Golden Gate Bridge. Rounds go blazing up there and you can leave at anytime you'd like. Of course, the cost of that is having to collect all the fuel again but honestly it isn't that bad if you switch off between the cafeteria during fuel time and the bridge for hitting rounds.

If possible, obtain the Hell's Redeemer asap. An insanely powerful weapon that cuts through multiple zombies, has unlimited ammo, and makes Brutus a cinch to kill. It works wonders in both locations mentioned.

Buried

Not much going on in the training department, but you could technically start a nice-sized cluster if you run around between the general store and original Mystery Box spawn. It's a tight fit but can work given you have a good arsenal on hand.

But that's not your cup of tea, right? Then camping out is ideal for this map. Take a stand in the Juggernog alley, or access the inside of the courthouse via Paralyzer/Trample Steam and leave the front door closed off. I like both to be honest, but I know the latter works tremendously since you're controlling the spawn points, flow, and barriers. With teammates, the courthouse is a MUST.

Origins

Too many technicalities with this map, but you could train in various areas of the muddy wasteland. Generator 4 (Juggernog area) is always accessible for training, with several looping options available. I tend run around the MP40 mudpit and the Wind Tunnel, making my loop bigger than if I included the generator spot. Tighter training can be done in the mudpit of Generator 5 where the soul crate is. The only consequence of running these is having the giant robots step in your path, making the training process more constricted often until they leave the spots.

Professionals will utilize the muddy road outside the tank station (where the tank rolls in). Despite having your movement reduced, it actually works well if you have a staff. I've even seen @Chopper use this area several times when he streamed Origins along many other famous high rounders with only an upgraded Ice Staff (sometimes even not upgraded!). A couple of charged shots, and whoosh - round is over. You will find a Max Ammo before running out of firepower, but very seldom will you actually not get one. A Boomhilda will come in handy nonetheless, and possible Monkey Bombs/Airstrikes to get zombies off your tail. The good thing with this strategy is that you won't ever need to worry about the giant robots, and there's an MP40 within the station if you need ammo (although if you have the staff, you probably won't be needing a secondary rifle).

I know these are fairly vague but they are condensed so you get the basics. :)

Round 50 buried WITHOUT a wonder weapon.

I'll skip early round set up as it's not important having a bank, if you choose not to use the bank it don't matter anyway as buried is a point haven through chalks and other tid bits.

Chalk your AN-94 next to the giants cage, you will be using this gun. Chalk the SUV next to speed cola this will be your high round bad boy.

Perks are

Quick revive

Mule kick

Juggernog

Double tap.

Weapons are

AN-94 pap

SUV pap

And either mustang and Sally or RG MK2 I'll explain later

Traps are trample steam built at the top of the stairs near the box spawn.

Your round will start near the spawn box and this strategy is about spawn control. Wait for zombies to spawn until you feel uncomfortable. Make you way counter clockwise past the saloon, through the candy shop and into the court house. Once in the court house you want to place your trample steam on the right side in-between the chair and rail.

Your train unloading spot will be bottom of stairs of the courthouse, when overrun you escape up the stairs continuing you counter clockwise route back to box spawn. If your out of AN-94 ammo it's right there, if your trample steam need replacing just jump up the stairs and grab another and fall down near jugg. If you have ammo of load your ammo into the train dropping down from the courthouse second floor. Don't stay hear too long.

Continue to loop counter clockwise past the saloon and through the candy shop. This where the RG mk2 or mustang and Sally is important. You may get the odd walker to block your path exiting the candy shop.

Back into the courthouse, place your trample steam to cover your right, and Headshot zombies coming through the courthouse entrance, once out of ammo or overun continue your ath up the stairs and grab your SUV ammo, drop down to mystery box spawn.

Rinse and repeat

MOTD 4 player, go through the motions of the EE. You will want 2 blundergats, 4 hells redeemers and 4 golden sporks. You will camping the cafeteria.

Place your shield the cafeteria, when setting up you need to keep the door inside the acid trap closed. Now we have 4 points of entry. If looking from the acid trap to rear of cafeteria you want to players with blundergats one at the entrance and one at the left window. These two players will swap roles dependant on ammo.

The front player will sweep with the wonder weapon until ammo is depleted and the activate the trap, he or she will then swap with the other blundergats holder. During this time your rear players are using redeemers holding windows. We have claymores situated every side of each window. When there is a breach the blundergats players activate the trap and fire their weapons as temporary monkey bombs to regain access to board windows.

When ammo becomes a problem we will hit the box repeatedly to spawn Brutus until he drops another max ammo. This is a 50+ 4 player strategy. It can get quite intense after 40 when the windows breach. 4 players running trains in the cafeteria is awesome fun. You will piss yourself from laughing so hard.

Cheers

Bus depot survival 4 player

Kill zombies as one would, this strategy is dependant on the mystery box. You will want you 2 weakest players role from the box monkey bombs and one of them the ray gun MK2. These two players will camp near the navcard spawn on tranzit.

Your best two trainers will gather zombies, one between the truck and box spawn and one near the seats in the middle of the map. Both players will group zombies until 24 have spawned. The player will training the centre of the map will then bring his zombies over to the other trainer.

Everyone will off load the weapons into the new solo train except the player with the MK2.

When a player downs the MK2 player will cover the other camper giving him time to throw a monkey bomb. Revive your downed trainer. Rinse and repeat.