Shitty games after good games?

Hi, it's the boring guy.

I have been cursed. Everytime I take a major step forward, I somehow find a way to stumble and take a few steps back.

Been playing Origins lately, and think I finally burst the bubble. Had a great game the other night, going flawless for 32 rounds. More importantly, I think I may have found a working strategy camping by Gen 4. It worked beautifully and safely until I carelessly get trapped after taking a nuke. No biggie, I'm a big shot now, I could easily get further.

Surprisingly, in the next few games I never even sniffed round 10, dying mostly in the first 5.

Last month I really wanted to do well on Der Riese. I finally best my previous high by a good two rounds, in the process fine tuned my previous strategy to make it easy.

Do I duplicate the success afterwards? As much as I have multiple orgasms night in and night out. (For those of you confused, that meant a big effing NO!!!!)

I had a game on COTD recently in which I was able to do set a new low for number of rounds needed for 8 perks. Do you think I would be able to continue the momentum? Heck no. The next few games I never made it out of the spawn room.

After a game on Five in which I went flawless for 30 rounds, I stumble badly in the next few games, in some of the most embarrassing fashion.

For some odd reasons, I always seem to perform poorly after decent games. And the reasons for going down are make this trend even more head scratching.

After a picking up a wind staff piece and falling off the robot, the lone zombie double slap me right away before I could get off the ground.

How about dying after taking a nuke? Like 15 seconds after a nuke zombies are still slapping me like I owe rent.

How about dying while in zombie blood? You ever dolphin dive to a zombie blood while in red screen? It's like Christmas in September.

It there is a Not Top Ten in zombies I would be in at least 5 of them.

Friends of CODZ, you ever feel cursed after good games?

Thanks for reading, hope you dye as often and as oddly as I do.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

All mental man, the more you focus on your goals, the less you focus on other things, like staying alive lol

But to answer your question, yes, I have whole weeks where I just psych myself out, especially if I'm playing with someone new and don't want to be the weak link.

That's my curse too. Trying to be an excellent player, and ending up playing like a guy who's highest round is 10!

I don't necessarily have an issue with having bad games after good ones, but I have noticed that the harder I try, the worst I do.

I couldn't get past my high of die rise a few weeks ago (36). I started a game as a time killer till my zombie partner got on. I ended up getting round 52 with no downs. I've beaten it since, but with a massive amount of downs. Can I do the same again? Maybe, but not when I try!

• Administrators

It seems that I get rather cocky after I whip out a fairly decent pickle during a game. I could be running the most beautiful route ever in a game of Shangri-la/Origins, and then the next match comes along just to screw with me both physically and mentally. Maybe it's because I'm still trying to do Round 20+ moves as early as Round 6, not realizing that my super-duper snaking techniques or sharp 270 degree turns don't work with a walker chilling in the crowd of runners. Oops.