Note: This is a post I made back in my old forums a while back when it was still active  a few months ago. I have now brought it here and added some new minigames and skins for my new map concepts

Arena mode is a brand new concept for zombies. Think about it as a vs mode involving 2 teams of 4. 8 players in total can play at once and compete against each other in a series of minigames.

When starting a match you can customize your characters. You can create a brand new character from scratch and even chose their voice style. Choose gender, clothes, accessories, etc. The key to unlocking these new items is through the new level up system which I will go into later. The important thing right now is gameplay.

The setting of Arena mode takes place in a non-canon Roman style Arena in the post apocalyptic future. The person who judges the players is a little girl named samantha that sits on top of a giant teddy bear throne. The story here is that both teams are fighting for food and water. It’s survival of the fittest. The arena changes terrain whenever a mini game starts.

When you spawn in game you will find yourself in the center of the arena on a flat surface. There are no structures just spawning zombies. After a while the Arena will change into a map that resembles one of the previous maps such as tranzit, nach, moon, etc. Each mini game has an objective which must be completed before the other team has the chance to. Each time you complete a mini game you obtain a point. At the end of the match whomever has the most points wins and their team gets a bunch of orgone.

Orgone is the key to leveling up. When you first play a match you will see a glass jar. As you complete easter eggs in survival mode, Play arena matches or just kill zombies you will obtain orgone which means life energy. Your jar will fill up the same way you filled them up on moon. When you collect enough Orgone you will level up and unlock new accessories for use on Arena Mode. Prestiging happens automatically and does not affect the items you have. Each time you prestige you will unlock brand new weapons such as World at War weapons, Black ops weapons, or black ops 2 weapons. You will also be able to unlock wunder weapons from the past which you can mix and match by playing with the toybox.

The toybox is a special feature in arena mode and custom games. The toy box allows you to clear out the mystery box and switch out the weapons you want in rotation. Once you prestige you will have new weapons to choose from such as old classics from world at war. Each weapon is worth a certain amount of points and the box can only hold a certain amount of weapons. Toybox is good for customizing your matches in a more unique way. During Private Arena modes this can be done to add extra challenge to the mini games. The weaker the weapons in the box are the more Orgone you will receive for winning an Arena Match.

Customizable Extras

Box skins

Hell Chest

Toybox

Templar Box

Ice Box

Treasure chest

Pack a punch camo’s

W@W

Blops 1

Blops 2

Purgatory

Afterlife

Origins

Weaponized 115

Gold

Pirate treasure

Ice

Character customization packs

Each pack contains costumes that can be mixed and matched as well as accessories for your custom character. Each pack is unlocked by collecting orgone and ranking up no need to spend real money on character packs.

Basic Pack - Sam, Ian, Edward, Dmitri

Classic pack - Soldier, Nikolai, Takeo, Richtofen, Dempsey, Samantha, Maxis, Schuster

Tranzit Pack - Russman, Marlton, Misty, Stuhlinger

Inmate pack - Sal, Weasel, Finn, Billy, Guard, Inmate,

Movie pack - Danny trejo, Sarah michelle gellar, Robert Englund, Michael Rooker

Crisis Pack - Spec ops ,CDC, Fbi Agent, Police,

Paradox Pack - Origins version of Nikolai, Takeo, Richtofen, Dempsey

Apocalypse pack - Cannibal, Survivalist, Biker, Civilian

Pirate Pack - Clancey, Salazar, Zubambi, James

Arena minigames

( Note each match has a different set of randomized minigames and each one must be completed as stated below. Zombies will spawn during the mini games so try not to get downed by them either. You can’t truly die in Arena mode. The game only ends when the mini game set is completed for the match. You won’t always get the same minigames. The arena changes to resemble the old maps but the actual map does not make an appearance. )

Nach Minigames

Explosive Demolition = Teams need to kill as many zombies as possible by shooting explosive barrels

Verruckt minigames

Electroshock Therapy = Rooms surge with electricity. Don’t get trapped and killed by the randomly closing and opening rooms.

Shi No Numa minigames

Murky Waters - Hidden meteorites are under the murky swamp waters. Find more stones than your opponents before the timer runs out. Beware of dogs..

Found the jug - First team to find juggernog wins

Der Riese Mini Games

Hide and seek - First team to find all hidden objects wins

Monkey business - Toss monkeys into the teleporter and send them elsewhere. Team that sends the most monkeys through the teleporter wins

Kino der toten Minigames

Gasaholic - Nova crawlers are causing gas to fill up the theatre. Find the power sources and get out through the teleporter before you die from the gas. The team with the most players that escaped wins. Only 4 randomly spawning power sources. Players can knife other players to steal their power source.

Five Minigames

Thief!! -Avoid the pentagon thief till the clock reaches 0. Teams that have the most weapons wins.

Ascension  minigames

Ape Escape - Cosmic silverback will spawn and seek out players while sending out monkeys to find you. Survive the silverback’s one hit kill until the timer runs out. The team with enough players still alive wins

Perk thief - Protect your perk machines from an endless mob of monkeys. Team who loses all their perks first lose.

Call of the Dead Minigames

Capture the Rod - The golden rod is hidden somewhere, Find it and return it to richtofen, Knife players to steal the rod.

Shangri-la minigames

Waterfall race - Teams are put on an extremely long slide and they must reach the bottom before the other team. Zombies will drop from the ceiling and slow you down.

Mud Maze - Players are put into a large mud maze. Stepping on the mud causes you to sink and die. Choose your path wisely and make it to the end before your opponents do.

Moon Minigames

Samantha says - Complete the games of Samantha says before the other team does

Mpd - First team to fill up their Orgone jars and open their pyramid wins

Tranzit Minigames

Denizens attack - An endless swarm of denizens jump out of the fog. Team that kills the most denizens wins.

Magma falls - Magma is flowing everywhere and keeps occupying more and more space. Magma consumes all it touches, Last team still alive wins

Die Rise Minigames

Meteor shower -Players must avoid the falling meteors. Last team standing wins

Tower defense - 2 towers and 2 teams. Defend your towers from the minions. First team to have their tower destroyed loses.

Mob of the Dead Minigame

Flight to the finish - 1 plane 4 seats, 8 players…….Fight for your seat and the parts needed to build the plane. Whomever gets the most players on the plane wins.

Buried minigames

Ghost tours - Players start with 10,000 points. Mistress of the house will spawn and steal players points. Your points hit 0 then you are out. Team who has the most points at the end wins.

Sharp Shooter - Shoot the targets, Get more hits that the opposing team to win

Origins Minigames

Giant Rising - Avoid the Giant’s foot last team standing wins

There and Back again - Retrieve a stone then wash it, First team to clean a stone and return it to it’s rightful place wins

Legacy of The Damned Minigames

Treasure Hunt - Dig up more treasure than the other team to win

Awakening Minigames

Attack of the Worms - The cocoon is being hacked by worms! Search and destroy all worms. Team with most work kills wins

Historia Minigames

Icy menace - The Frost zombies are following you, Use them to freeze the other team. Minigame ends when one team is completely frozen.

Edited by Black Hand Smith
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this. It seems like it would take a while to get into because it's so complex but it would have a great payoff. I'm not sure how I feel about character customization though. Those and unlockables seem really un zombies like.

Think of it like this, survival mode would have the story characters. And custom zombies and arena would allow you to choose a custom character if you want. That way the story has character developement and players could have fun with customization. Like soul calibur

I'm on the same boat as Electric.

I get the appeal of character customizations, but I really don't like it.

One of the reasons I didn't like extinction is when I first started playing it, nearly everything is locked, took a while to get as good as someone who had played it for a long time. If its a hassle to unlock stuff, plenty of people wont be bothered to.

If the guns are the first thing to unlock, then definitely, good idea.

Back to the arena idea, I do like it.

I always thought the Timesplitters zombies mode was cool, it was based in a small room, but you were only given one gun. If you stepped outside the area you had a countdown till you died (321). That would work well if people did try to get out, it could kill them, and they'd respawn next round.

Either way, an arena style zombie map would be very cool.