Hi all, I'd like to take the time to give everyone a personal opinion on each of the maps. Take the time to look and respond, or don't. lol just thought I'd share it.

Green Run's Tranzit - Despite everyone's hate on this map, I actually really enjoy it. It's a huge map with lots of stuff going on. Unlike previous maps where you just run around in circles, Tranzit is a challenge that requires focusing and thinking ahead. It introduced many new features including buildables, a bus, several teleporters as opposed to just one or three, the bank system, sharing points, galvaknuckles, the weapon locker. However there are a ton of annoying elements in this map that probably generate all the criticism: The fog and the Denizens are the worst. Sure it makes the map more challenging and adds a little more atmosphere to it, but they could have went about this in a little more subtle of a way. Perhaps slowing the spawn rate of those pesky face rapers and making the fog thinner. Or maybe just making the fog only reach up to the height of the Denizens. Another thing: getting back to Jugg after going down is nearly impossible. However they did add Tombstone and the Tombstone Persistent Upgrade to somewhat help in this matter, but its still really annoying having to run through the fog in order to recover from the down. (although if you have reliable players with you, the buddy system makes things a whole lot easier.) In all, this map is fun, but could have been much better. it had so much potential but after the first few months of playing, it feels like there's so much more to find, but then you realize a year and a half later, that no more has been found since the first few weeks of its release. Maybe Treyacrh just did a really good job hiding the extended easter egg, or maybe the complex look of the map is just a scam to increase the replayablity of the map. Whatever the case may be, I still enjoy the map.

Great Leap Forward's Die Rise - Probably my least favorite of all the BOii maps, its incredibly hard to navigate through, Recovering from a down is probably worse than Tranzit(assuming that you don't have Tombstone PU) due to the unpredictable elevators carrying the perks. Who's Who is a fail in my opinion. Sure it helps redeem yourself after a down, but it nullifies Quick Revive for solo. And most of the time you spawn in Who's Who mode in the middle of 15 zombies, or some place that it is impossible to erach your downed self. However it is helpful when you suffer from fall damage, like when you jump down next to the B23R. Which really wouldnt be a problem if those matresses would work EVERY time you land on them. Falling off the map is also a huge huge problem in Die Rise. Normally the game would simply be over when this happens. But Who's Whos comes in and saves the day by spawning you back in the spawn room with nothing but your unPaP'd m1911, just as if it was round 1! ...Except its round 45, and you have no perks or any means of defense. Likely not even the first elevator do ride down in. Not to mention where the first mystery box location is, completely out of the way of everything else in the map, whenever I play this map i don't even use the box simply because its such a pain in the *** to get to ( come to think of it, all the box spawns in Die Rise are in terrible places) Sure you could just walk down the stairs from the spawn room and get to it early on in the game, but lets not forget the slide of death if you choose this route. That amazing slide down next to the **** please report this topic, post **** only works 50% of the time, other times you'll plummet to your death. Seems like an appropriate time to hear Richtofen's signature laugh, right? wrong, its just a screw up on Treayarch's part (no offense Treyarch, we all love you) The things I do like about this map is the Sliquifier, the ability to obtain all 6 perks ( nice PHD Flopper troll btw, lol) and the introduction of the AN-94(beast)  Now i enjoy playing all the zombie maps, but Die Rise is probably the lease favorite.

Alcatraz Island's Mob of the Dead - Yes, yes, yes. This map is effing perfect! I have no complaints whatsoever. Maybe a few suggestions, but nothing that ruins the gameplay at all(well, maybe ONE thing), i'll get into that in a bit. The setting is amazing, the atmosphere is amazing, the celebrity characters are amazing, the boss zombie is a nice touch in that he's not a pain in the *** like the cosmonaut, or a annoyance like Romaro. But a powerful enemy that isnt too much of a hastle. The golden spork is really effective and hilarious if you'd ask me. xD  The Hell's Retriever is SO helpful to retrieve those powerups that are in the middle of a future rape train. Its even upgradable which intstantly kills off 5 dead magot sacks up to round 75+. The wonder weapon is incredible, hell theres even four forms of the same wonder weapon. The shotgon, the upgraded shotgun, the acid shooter (acid gat) and the upgraded acid gat. The zombie shield seems to be a little more durable than the one in Tranzit. The Gondola is a huge help in recovering from downs, it takes you right to Juggernog. hellz yeah! The entire map is based off of what the actual prison looks like, inside and out, just with a little hellish touch to it. No lie, when this map first came out, I found it sorta scary, even for just a shooter. Which is interesting because its just zombies, a game thats been out for about 5 years now. And hello? There's a buildable plane on the roof! The story that ties in with this map is really interesting.  The opening cinimatic is so much fun to watch, even after seeing it 50 times. I  could go on and on and on. But lets get into the very few things I'd like to change: The PAP machine is in an interesting spot, yet it makes changing out weapons during the game a chore. not really a challenge, just a chore. They should put it over there the first time, then have it teleport to the island after that. Besides that, the Gondola is very glitchy, sometimes it will go when you want and sometimes it won't. Often causing a down.

MotD is probably my all time fav map of Zombies. Its just so much fun to play. over and over again. It perfectly balances overpowered wepaons and utilities with a what would otherwise be a ealy difficult map. Job well done Treyacrh!

Resolution 1295's Buried - Ahhh, Buried. Loads of fun but gets old once you realize how easy it is. Its way to easy to acquire all the perks(although I do love getting more than just four, they should make it harder to do, like they did perfectly in Origins) Te paralyzer is probably the most overpowered weapon in any game I've ever played. Hell, I remember watching Syndicate's livestream of this map, and it was just him sitting on top of the bank pressing RT over and over. lolol. The easter egg is pretty cool. However should have ended in a bigger bang considering its the last map in the timeline. Leroy is really really great. I love all the things he does, my favorite of which is how you can get him to hold a crawler while you go about your business. The PAP location  is a little bit of a chore but not too bad. In conclusion, I like this map, but its basically a combination of every overpowered thing there is in zombies all in one map, so that kinda ruins it for me. But its still fun.

Excavation Site 64's Origins - I gotta say Origins might be my runner up of MotD. Its a huge map with lots of crap you can do. The staffs replace the wonder weapon though which isnt really a bad thing. the new melee which can take out zombies it clusters as oppoosed to just one zombie at at time.I love the ability to get all *9* perks. the shovel is interesting. The wonderfizz is cool . the robots are pretty epic. Oh and the easter egg is AMAZING! the intro scene is erally cool. the outro scene is really interesting. Like MotD i like how you can end the game without dying. I love how the EE is doable on solo. they should keep doing that. just make it harder on solo like they did. the battle tank is really cool. PHD flopper returns!(with respect to Grief on Cell Block) the original characters return with Elena Siegman! I could go on and on once again. The boss zombie is slightly too powerful though but thats too powerfull in a too powerful way, not like in a chore way though, The PAP location is perfect!  all in all good job Treyacrh! keep it up. Looking forward to future zombies!  m/

thanks for your time readers!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic