Gut wrenching failure...........F##K!

Was playing NML today, and endured perhaps the worst gut wrenching defeat in my zombies experience.

Was on a roll today, using the pad strategy on my way to 250+ kills as I had predicted I would. At 233 kills with 6 shots left, I accidentally teleported to the Moon. There were at least 6-7 crawlers left. After I teleported to the moon, I still could have taken a photo or suicide to guarantee the stat. I was so sure it would register that I quit the game to preserve the kills, a la BO2. Nothing happened. I have nothing to show for, that game became a mirage.

FFFFFFFFFFF

UUUUUUUUU

CCCCCCCCCC

KKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Words can't describe how upset my stomach feels. My previous high was 171.

Can you share your biggest fails to help ease mine? Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

On Moon as well, I was running around with the excavators going off in Tunnel 6. I was getting overswamped near the spawn so I rushed into the area. Who decides to appear right as I exit through the MPL area? Mr. Astro Zombie. I managed to dive away, but right into an excavator nearby...whoops.

Ya that pad strategy is great for near 300 kills. I've gotten close to 250 - 290 games several times using just that, but it feels terribly slow for some reason, and the spawns can some times fuck you up. Don't stress too much, now that you got the strat working, it will be easy for you to top those kills.

The spawns are designed to be terribly slow on the PAD.

For those that aren't aware, there are 4 different spawns in NML in the main game.

Left hand side.

Right hand side.

Split.

Decreased.

Looking out from the teleporter PAD, right and left are pretty clear.  The faster spawns are always the left and right only.  The absolute ideal way to gather all the hoard is to loop through the cage, to collect stragglers from either side before shooting on the corner.  If you have to circle to the side drop, you generally lose 4/5 seconds.

The split spawn is a bit slower than these two, but not majorly so.

The main issue with the PAD is the total distance they have to travel before being in range.

Using my example of fastest way to hoard them, imagine that if I have hoarded them all and am ready to shoot, if you happened to be on the PAD on the same spawn then you have to at minimum wait for them to get all the way from the cage, to the PAD.  That's maybe 7 seconds anyway.

When you couple this with the fact that you have no dogs, so a couple of extra zombies need to spawn each hoard you can see why the spawns are consistently slower.

You generally get more split spawns too.  A key to NML seems to be getting into a rhythm where your shots are roughly the same time apart.  What messes this up is leaving damaged zombies, which can cause all kinds of problems for the next spawns.