Recently I've gotten onto play some die rise/ buried (not transit) and realized: I have not even heard a single person ask to do the easter eggs her in like… months… Why? I  figured it would be that they didn't want to work together through all that for a worthless prize with no lasting effect. This was not the case in BO1, and everyone wanted to do the easter egg… 

any thoughts? 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

any thoughts? 

This...

I  figured it would be that they didn't want to work together through all that for a worthless prize with no lasting effect.

The problem with the N4 EE maps is that the rewards are all redundant. None of them are worthwhile... especially for the effort required.

Tranzit gives you a power up, Die Rise gives you non-permanent perks, both of which are obtainable through easier means in-game. Buried gives us perma perks, but 99% of the community has persistent Tombstone, and it seems to be ever lasting, so perma perks is pointless. They should have had a 4 perk limit on Buried (no way of obtaining additional perks outside the EE). Then the reward would have been MUCH more in demand.

The end-game rewards are no better. A permanent fire sale on the easiest map available? 4 gun Mule?? If the end-game box was available on all 3 maps, it would have been a much better feature. We could then pick what map we wanted to get the rewards on and it would have made for a fun experience. Having it only on Buried was a terrible decision.

M&S, Mark II and the SVU and you are set on that map. A permanent fire sale and 4 gun Mule is pointless. Origins is just as bad. Opening up the crazy place is OK for noobs, but serious high round players will continue to run outside, so it feel even cheaper.

This...

The problem with the N4 EE maps is that the rewards are all redundant. None of them are worthwhile... especially for the effort required.

Tranzit gives you a power up, Die Rise gives you non-permanent perks, both of which are obtainable through easier means in-game. Buried gives us perma perks, but 99% of the community has persistent Tombstone, and it seems to be ever lasting, so perma perks is pointless. They should have had a 4 perk limit on Buried (no way of obtaining additional perks outside the EE). Then the reward would have been MUCH more in demand.

The end-game rewards are no better. A permanent fire sale on the easiest map available? 4 gun Mule?? If the end-game box was available on all 3 maps, it would have been a much better feature. We could then pick what map we wanted to get the rewards on and it would have made for a fun experience. Having it only on Buried was a terrible decision.

M&S, Mark II and the SVU and you are set on that map. A permanent fire sale and 4 gun Mule is pointless. Origins is just as bad. Opening up the crazy place is OK for noobs, but serious high round players will continue to run outside, so it feel even cheaper.

Can you imagine how fun Buried's Final Ending reward would be on TranZit? Oh my gosh, just thinking about it.

Also this pretty much sums it up, the rewards (other than the corresponding achievements) for the easter eggs don't justify the work it takes to do them as far as gameplay goes. Origins is the only one on BO2 that a lot of randoms will want to do and that is for the upgraded fist reward that noobs are obsessed with. Though honestly the fists aren't even good anyway.

Can you imagine how fun Buried's Final Ending reward would be on TranZit? Oh my gosh, just thinking about it.

If they had hotfixed the box into all 3 maps, we would then have the choice of which map we opened the reward on. It would have also added some much needed longevity (and purpose) to the Easter Eggs.

For example, if we finished all 3 eggs and activated the box on Tranzit for our reward, we would in-turn reset them all, so if we them wanted to activated the box on Die Rise, we would need to do them all again, and so forth.

As they are, the box is not worth triggering apart from getting to hear the (badly edited) conversation between Richtofen & Maxis.

It was all very disheartening in the end. :(

I wasn't aware you could keep doing EEs unless you had people in the group that had not completed it, or obviously hitting the buried button and resetting everything.

That's why I don't do them, or it's the biggest reason. I've already done all but Buried and Origins so when I play the maps I've completed, it's with the same people that helped me get it in the first place.

And also DBZ reason, it's just a huge chore to do them, they're not fun, and the rewards are less than desirable. Most maps you can get all perks without doing an EE and to me, that was the mother of all rewards in BO1, having a full perk set.

I haven't played Buried since about late October, I went 60 rounds and it resulted in me absolutely hating the map, and no offence to those who enjoy it. Origins is still hard to me, not to stay alive, but to do all the steps before the rounds get too high, there is always something that happens and it gets ruined. We've literally made it to the last step where you kill lots of zombies under the crazy place's center stage, we died.

MOTD is the only EE that I can consistently want to do, because it doesn't feel like you're doing anything but setting up yourself for high rounds. So many times we just play the map and by the next hour, we just have to do afterlife and ride the plane to the bridge a last time, we don't do it but what I'm trying to say is it's a linear goal in that map, the steps you take to complete it, actually help you become stronger in the game anyway so why not?

Alright, 2016, i want to see a group of easter eggs that REWARDS the player! I want to see unlock able guns, I want to see gamer pictures! I want to see big 100g achievements titled: HOLY SHITSAUSE THAT JUST HAPPENED! None of this one-game perma perk whiz. Hell, it can even just be a new permaperk: Perkaholic: Allows you to hold 5 perks in tranzit, die rise, and buried. Given, that's not a huge advantage, but it's better then one lousy gun perks.