Extinction Teammate Finder Subforum

GRILL

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry. This is disappointing.

The teammate finder was never necessarily game specific, and it is rarely used as is. There'd be absolutely NO reason not use that teammate finder for extinction.

This is a waste of forum space, in that now we have 85 forums and subforums making things seem labrythnian and empty.

Ghosts has just over 20 topics, extinction has less and 20 topics. They do NOT need their own forums. It waters things down and spreads topics too thin.

Just as well Extinction is NOT our topic area. I understand it is CoD, but we are CoDz. Z. I disagree with the need for an Extinction forum at all. I'd barely be tolerate an extinction subforum under Ghosts. For that matter I highly disagree with Ghosts forum being ABOVE BO2, BO1 and WaW, and that Ghosts even needs it's own forum. All non zombies CoD games could, and should, just be lumped into one CoD forum.

The forum should be organized, roughly, top down in order of importance. On CoDz, Ghosts and Extinction should not be above ANY Treyarch games. Extinction is not why people come to CoDz.

I feel that this is a poor idea, a simple attempt to capitalize on the new nature of Extinction, and a further agent of disorganization and watering-down of our forum layout.

This isn't to point fingers at any particular staff, and certainly not at you Grill, but I do severely hope you address this very soon, along with all the previous and current suggestions on reorganizing the forum and the board structure.

Point away at me, because it was my idea.

The only agenda I was trying to provide was a place for extinction players, as they will inevitably be using this forum to find other players - seeing as we have an extinction forum already. There is no secret agenda to capitalize on anything, I just thought it'd be useful...

We are aware of the cluttered forum in general, and are working to condense it - in fact there is a whole thread devoted to that topic, as I'm sure you are aware of.

This extinction teammate finder is meant to be a placeholder, and will be integrated in a more condensed manner (along with the rest of the forum) . If you all really hate it then we will take it away and leave the extinction forum to the clutter of theories, first impression threads, and people searching for players. You make some valid points, but I'd like to hear a few others as well. I can see this topic is close to your heart, and I assure you - it will be addressed, if not altogether removed (if that is the consensus).

Clairification, by capitalize, I do not mean in money. I mean in views and interest. Creating special forums for extinction players on a site dedicated to zombies will only cause to draw extinction players (both from on and off site) to post here.

Also, you misunderstand. This topic isn't close to me. Not at all. I just firmly believe that people are obligated by society, and nature itself, to have opinions and to create reasons behind those opinions.

I believe that opinions should have premises and conclusions. Then these opinions should be defended and discussed and even attacked.

The only way to advance, is to make public debate over topics, and to hold back in a debate is political bullshit. There is no good reason to go light until someone else comes along to argue with.

This topic doesn't keep me up at night. This topic doesn't lurk in my mind.

I have an opinion on it, I thought about my opinions, I backed them up, and I decided to present them to the community.

I would very much like to see other opinions, for or against this addition very soon.

Silence is many times worse than the nastiest shouting.

Agreed, all is welcome.

To clarify, I literally logged on today, and saw someone looking for players in the extinction forum. I thought to myself, "well - now that we have a forum for extinction, why not a teammate finder?" and asked Craig to implement it. Pretty much to see if people want it/would use it. That is the only intention/agenda. I agree with you, mega, that 3arc should be above IW in terms of structure - but that kind of implementation is still in debate.

I don't have Ghosts so I don't have much of a voice to say here.

I think Extinction should have it's own forum. It's like a distant cousin to Zombies, that is starting to develop it's own story. I do think it and Ghosts should be moved under the Zombie's forums, beause we're a Zombie's forum.

Creating it's own Teammate Finder, I think is a bit of a waste. I mean, we could add to the description of Teammate Finder that you can find Extinction games there. And/Or add a sticky topic about Extinction in TF.

• Tech Admin

Mega, I'm with you and I understand your frustration and the likes. We have just added another section to an overcrowded forum structure & it doesn't make sense but it also makes sense (just now) to have this. One of the main reasons it makes sense it because it is the game mode that everyone is playing and the team mate finder is a zombies team mate finder period. This is what the site is about, zombies. It's not about aliens, it's not about titanfall, it's not about pokemon etc.

I really do hear you but no harm exists with sub forum for extinction players to find other players (for the time being anyway) - it keeps it away from genuine request for team mates for zombies and cluttering up that section. Granted only one topic has been created to find team mates for extinction just now but I'm pretty darn sure more will happen.

Lets work together rather than against each other to ensure we get the structure correct and get the relevant forums sections merged, moved, removed and streamline the forum.

Ghosts shouldn't be at the top of the forum though, I agree with this and I would move this to the infinityward section at the bottom of the forum if this is what everyone wanted (just now).

I don't mind that there is a Extinction Team Mate finder, though it shouldn't be a sub forum. It should just be a stickied topic within the Extinction forum.

What I don't like is that Ghosts is above Black Ops II on the index page, it should be a sub forum of the Infinity Ward forum just like MW2 & MW3. But saying that, will people create topics for Extinction within the Team mate finder forums?

I do hope that we get a good restructure of the entire forum soon.