Ghosts Multiplayer Game Modes

The Twirp

I'm curious of what everyone thinks of Ghosts' decision on types of game modes.

They have a few of the classics: TDM, KC, Domination, FFA, and Team Tactical and some Hardcore variants.

Then they added some newbies: Cranked, Blitz, Search and Rescue, Hunted, and Infected (a returning game mode, but its a bit different).

They also removed a few classics such as Demolition, Sabotage, Search & Destroy (which will return due to popular demand), Hardpoint, and various "Wager Match" type game modes.

I personally like a lot of the new game modes, but do miss a few of the classics (*cough* demolition *cough*). It does help find a game faster when people are not spread across so many lobbies, too.

Any thoughts on this change?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a lot of experience with the new game modes except for some Blitz.

Pros: it is similar to tdm play, but the runners have a goal to achieve and the campers have a reason to camp. This works for the runners as they know around where the enemy team might be, no more flanking without finding events. The campers can camp the goal, patrol the area by their goal, or try to form a line across the map that the enemy team must get through.

Cons: too few players in the mode lessen the chance of good connections. The first time that i played, in every game, the sound just went in and out. The goals have one set location on each side of the map. I wish they had made more variance, a few different goal spots for each map. Some are unbalanced. Though the sides switch, the first team to have the easier side might have too much score to beat in the second half. 20 point score would be better than the 16 point score for balancing this out (i have tried 'balances' versus bots and i think the game could use some tweeks.

On search and rescue: i hate kill confirmed (kamp confirmed) passionately. That being said, it seems to be a huge hit with a large portion of the players, so i can see why they are trying other tweeks with the dog-tags in modes. If you like s&d and kill confirmed, i would suggest giving s&r a try.

I'm just gonna say this: please add a 'free mode', where you just play. No time limits, no score to achieve. Play until you want to leave. Run games on each map, give players a choice of what map they want to join. Even if, to conserve server space, they only ran like 6 maps at a time, change the maps weekly or something. Or run one map per day, maps change at a set time. Just thinking out loud...

Infected: i don't think this is new to this game, but a real fun mode. If you are getting tired and starting to not do well, try this mode as it is fairly simple.

If you suck (no offense) at regular cod modes, try this out to level quicker as you can hide in a bush for several minutes and go 0k/1d and end up with 700-1000 score. So, rather than go 2-17 in tdm... For 200+ points.

The games are fast, you either have [bulldog, ied, stun] as survivor, or [knives and throwing knives and speed run] as the infected (first infected starts with a pistol).

If they brought back War I would actually consider playing a CoD for it's mp again.

That game mode was awesome.

This.

War was my first love in any CoD MP. It really makes me angry seeing that we went from a masterpiece such as that to crap like Infected. What's the point of a war game if you take out the theme of the game?

WAR!

- Reznov

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...