Is it possible to be a consistent solo player?

Greetings to all who read this,

I was thinking about this idea just recently and is it really possible to be a consistent high round solo player?

In order to get an answer we must first discuss what is considered high round, for the simplicity of this I'll say 70+ is high for solo. If it is possible to be a consistent player that means that we should in theory be able to hit the magic number of round 70 every game they play.

If we look at the aspects of zombies we should be able to find an answer to this question. Every map has a different lay out along with a different play style that complements the map. Now for some to be consistent they have to hit round 70 every game of solo zombies they play. If we go off an average then yes there can be a consistency but if we really want to define consistency we have to say round 70 every game.

The first step to being a consistent player is to know the map and the strategy you have to use on that map. If we know the map and strategy like the back of our hand then there should be no problem correct. Well this isn't the only thing we have to consider, we have to monitor the speed we move at, how long we play in a session, how the zombies work in their movement.

Now all of the sudden it has become a lot harder to stay consistent, let me add more to this problem. Players have to be able to prepare for any situation and have to be able to make a full analysis of the situation in that very moment. This makes this whole idea of consistency a lot harder to achieve.

To wrap things up, in theory it is possible to be consistent under what has been defined as consistent. In reality I believe it is impossible for a person to become truly consistent in their games. If we say as an average overall it definitely is possible to be a consistent player.

Thanks are given to all who have read this. This is just food for though I would like to see what you opinions on the topic are.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would consider myself as a consistent enough high round player, but the biggest hurdle for me in getting to high rounds seems to be from round 1 to 20.

Until I get to the 20ish mark my games can end through all sorts of different issues because I am usually not rooted to one spot, and am still going around setting myself up.

Until a player gets into his sweet spot and plays the game out, no one can really consider themselves consistent, as even the best players fall on round 1.

I would consider myself as a consistent enough high round player, but the biggest hurdle for me in getting to high rounds seems to be from round 1 to 20.

I agree with this as the zombies move erratically in terms of early stages I find that as soon as you hit round 35+ along with your perk and gun line up there is little Stopping you from being able to achieve high rounds. It's just all up to the skill of the player.

I think it's possible to be a consistent solo player, much more so than in multi, as there are so many extra variables in a multi.

Consistency relies on a few things though in my opinion - having a workable space in which to chase the high round (not in a living room full of distractions/kids around) and the time to do it.

For most of us, I would assume TIME is the biggest difficulty in achieving consistency. I don't bother starting a game at this stage unless i have a solid four hours up my sleeve, and even that often isn't enough.

It depends on the map mainly.

A high round on Origins or Die Rise, is not the same as a high round on Nacht or Five.

It's much much harder to get to 50 on Five, than 80 on either of the other 2.

As BS says, Origins is a real bitch to start. However, that's mainly if you are maximising points....then it's a bitch.

Once you come up with a defined repeatable strategy then it becomes easy.

If I play in a controlled mindset, with a set goal it's very rare that I will go down before round 70, which I consider a high round. If I'm trying to rush, then I will go down....on round 3 or 4, or 8, 9 or 10.

Consistency comes as mentioned from skill and knowledge. It also comes from the mindset with which you approach each game.