Mechanics Feedback: Buried

Paralyzer/petrifier: super powerful, fun to fly, poorly named. Name didn't really fit'flavor'. Combined with vulture aid, it becomes a super combo.

Vulture aid: interesting and powerful perk cola. Even using regular guns, this gives tons of reload time. Add in free points, bullets, and the ability to see where things are in the map. Strong addition to zombies.

Gun chalk and ? Locations: interesting concept. Terrible execution. I feel they added points to it or why would you ever draw more than the gk and an94? Add to the equation that most time in Buried is spent in the same small area and this mechanic is obviously implemented wrongly. Besides the church, every other chalk spot is easy to run past.

If the gun chalk was in the start of Origins, and you could go far out and place them where you prefer to train, it would have been a good concept executed better.

Buildables: some of the better execution in the game. Who doesn't want to play with the head chopper?

Witches: a fine and interesting addition.

Map: at first convoluted, it quickly become apparent that you are running around the gs or standing in one spot in a tiny map for most of the game. Fair overall. Maze was an amusing addition. The way it is set up so that getting the petrifier makes it cake, or getting the trample steam built makes it doable, was fairly nice planning.

Big guy: my first thought/fear was 'not another annoying George/cosmonaut'. But he turned out to be a useful friend.

Needing him for barrier removal was an interesting if unnecessary addition. (edit: unnecessary was wrong to say, i retract that. Needing him was a decent addition).

Mule kick, one of the most pointless perks in the game, was made useful by the tombstone permaperk and the fact that it comes free unless you're doing it wrong. Still essentially pointless, but turned into a positive, instead of the glaring negative it always was in bo.

Faux Flopper. It is back, randomly. But you lose it from fall damage? Fail execution is, sadly, fail. It could be removed from the game and nobody would blink an eye. Insulting to this much desired and loved perk.

This post is feedback. Add your thoughts or discuss mine. I don't mean to insult nor praise the game, simply discuss opinion/thoughts on the map's/mode's mechanics.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Paralyzer/petrifier: super powerful, fun to fly, poorly named. Name didn't really fit'flavor'. Combined with vulture aid, it becomes a super combo.

Paralyze- cause (a person or part of the body) to become partly or wholly incapable of movement.

I thought this was pretty spot on name wise. What else would they have called it Slow-mo gun?

Gun chalk and ? Locations: interesting concept. Terrible execution. I feel they added points to it or why would you ever draw more than the gk and an94? Add to the equation that most time in Buried is spent in the same small area and this mechanic is obviously implemented wrongly. Besides the church, every other chalk spot is easy to run past.

I thought this was great addition. It gives you the ability to put better guns in more useful places. It also makes the map way more versatile; changing your camping or training strategy to several different locations. I think the points were added in primarily for the awaken the gazebo achievement.

Mule kick, one of the most pointless perks in the game, was made useful by the tombstone permaperk and the fact that it comes free unless you're doing it wrong. Still essentially pointless, but turned into a positive, instead of the glaring negative it always was in bo.

Agreed, I can't tell you how many times the weapon swap has gotten my into trouble.

1. Okay, fair enough on paralyzer/petrifier. The flying and the disintegrating overshadow the paralyzing effect to me, and they never stop moving actually, so petrifier is reaching. But i retract my statement as insubstantial.

2. Chalk: yes points for the round 1 pap, yes it is good and immersing, no, buried is to small for this, making it in my opinion, not properly executed. I reiterate: there is practically no gun spot (besides church) that really matters where you put which gun due to the design of buried. Not hating the mechanic, suggesting better implementation if it returns in the future.

3. Mk can be cool, but I'm glad we agree here. By round 50, only the petrifier and rg2 are doing anything. I'll usually hold the courthouse, an-94 in third slot for 'instakill' rounds. Won't even bother to pap it usually. In many maps, this would be known as 'the points gun', but points are too easy to come by in buried, so it becomes the instakill gun. :)

You forget none of this stuff had been tested before...

Phd was IMO just another tease: Yeah here's SOME of the effects of Flopper... But not all....

Chalk was a GREAT addition! You can put weapons wherever you need it! And it gives you money for it! I see no probs. with that!

Bringing back the turbine where it's only real purpose is to power the sub. Resonator was not a good thing IMO.... Headchopper was cool though!

Mule kick is also quite helpful on origins, they conveniently placed it right next to the staffs so you could go down, get upm get mule kick, and get your staff back easy-pesy! This kinda thing would be great if trayarch sticks with this new join-a-custom-match thing...