[Assumption] Broken Arrow is a modern day Group 935.

(Included Assumption in my title since for some odd reason I still believe there's not enough evidence to back this up. Crossposting from reddit.com, so beware of posting errors)

If there's any spelling/grammar errors please let me know, I just hate misspelling tings.

Yes, Broken Arrow. The organization we all happily ignored until Buried. As first mentioned in this Die Rise radio:

Saber 10: "Recon 5, this is Saber 10. Our sweep failed to find evidence of any survivors on site. Broken Arrow is not viable for new FOB." ... "That's a negative sir, records appear to have been destroyed in a fire prior to the facility being overrun." ... "Sir, we believe staff may have been trying to destroy evidence implicating them in the outbreak." ... "Understood sir, confirmed drop in T-5. Retreating to safe distance."

What is a FOB? A Forward Operating Base is pretty much a military base mainly used to aid tactical operations. They're usually temporarily used due to Main Operation Bases (MOB) being much more secure and permanent. What I get from the radio is the U.S. Military hasn't entirely collapsed, but there are in so much disarray they need a temporary base with survivors in it. When Saber 10 did their check of Broken Arrow, it was overrun. Before it was overrun with the Zombies, they had to burn evidence of their involvement with the outbreak. At the end of the radio, they're dropping something on it. But what? It could be a bomb to take out the Zs, or it could be a care package. My personal guess is that it was a bomb to take care of the zombie problem in that area...

Why are they destroying evidence? To burn records would imply guilt in something. What is an American organization doing experimenting with 115? This stopped when G935 disappeared around the 1940's-1960's right? Wrong. The Americans were watching them all along. They realized what power Element 115 had and so they attempted to find its secrets by piggybacking off the German scientists. This would last for decades, not stopping even after G935 seemed to collapse. This is where Broken Arrow comes in. This is an organization that seems to be primarily wants to figure out 115's potential before the Germans can. However, this sort of stuff was top secret. Even with the German threat gone, they still needed to figure out how the US could use it to their full potential. If what was going down at Broken Arrow leaked out to the public.. it could result in disaster for the U.S. This is why I believe in the event they would become possibly compromised, they would have to destroy all evidence relating to 115, Zombies, and Teleporters.

Russman. Yes, Russman. The elusive man with no clear name. Oh yeah, he's involved with this stuff. "Broken Arrow seems like a long time ago... back then Stu was little more than a babyfaced-brat." He's been there for what seems like decades while he was mentoring Stuhlinger, who interestingly seems to never mention his REAL father in his quotes. Big Russ was a father figure to him, so much that he even says this when Russ is swarmed: "I'm coming to help Daddy [Russman]! ... err, ehh.. daddy-o!" "What was his position there, Zielin- GameChanger?" Due to multiple quotes by Marlton insulting his intelligence, I doubt he was a scientist there. However, Russman displays proficient weapons skills in the maps. This leads me to think he was more of a field operative. Russman (and Stuhlinger) were patriots, as described in this quote:"Atleast it's American .. Just saying." Russman managed to do this for decades it seems. But how? During his wild adventures with the New Crew, he can walk, run, and shoot like the young'uns. If he is over 75 as he states in this quote after drinking Speed Cola: "I feel like I'm 75! It's like I'm young again!", then there is no possibly explanation why he isn't dead or pitifully slow. 115 does have unusual effects on the body, however. See where I'm getting at? At some point in his career, he snagged some 115, used it on himself (ate, drank, infused?), and stayed healthy for years. I don't know whether or not THIS is the reason Marlton snitched on him, but I think it all ties together. Don't call me a storyline writer, but this may just be an easy solution to the Broken Arrow problem. Russ infuses himself with "stolen" 115 to remain in good health, Marlton realizes this, snitches on him, and turns Russ and presumably Stuhlinger into hobos. This is why Marlton and Russ DESPISE each other. With some of their quotes, I'm frankly surprised one of them hasn't tried killing the other and blaming it on the Zombies.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, keep in mind this is more of a desperate attempt at bridging the gaps in the form of assumptions and little proof. If you agree/disagree with this, please feel free to comment below. I genuinely enjoy being corrected and learning from my mistakes and perhaps even sparking a discussion or two.

Source For Quotes: ZombieGK's magnificent (viewtopic.php?f=100&t=34328)storyline quotes thread over at CoDz. If you really liked my post, don't thank me, thank him!

Ninja Edit: My goodness, I wrote a lot here. Hopefully it was worth it!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I like this idea. The whole copy-cat move Americans have made over everything. First they steal data & blueprints, then the technology, the weapons, the research, and even the entire operation of experimenting directly with element 115. I too wondered why Broken Arrow would destroy any evidence of the outbreak even though the original outbreak was not from them...or was it? Perhaps they were a major ingredient in increasing the magnitude and number of zombies after the bombing of the entire planet.

I don't think Russman was an actual field operative. Some of his quotes refer to how he misses weapons of the old days, like double barreled shotguns and such. He sounds more like those old dudes who haven't touched a gun in ages, and just now are starting to see guns of the new generation.

I believe that Russ might have been a test subject similar to Dempsey, Takeo and Nikolai. A test subject for a super soldier program.

But I don't see how you can tie Marlton into this. Do we know if he's affiliated with Broken Arrow in any way? He's more or less affiliated with the CIA and CDC, since he was with them at Nuketown.

I don't think Russman was an actual field operative. Some of his quotes refer to how he misses weapons of the old days, like double barreled shotguns and such. He sounds more like those old dudes who haven't touched a gun in ages, and just now are starting to see guns of the new generation.

I believe that Russ might have been a test subject similar to Dempsey, Takeo and Nikolai. A test subject for a super soldier program.

But I don't see how you can tie Marlton into this. Do we know if he's affiliated with Broken Arrow in any way? He's more or less affiliated with the CIA and CDC, since he was with them at Nuketown.

Russman could've just had a fondness for old weapons. I believe to him, If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The super soldier part is what kinda contradicts my theory. G935 wanted to create super soldiers using 115, right? So why don't the Americans do it? If my "Theory" is correct, then why was B.A. angry that Russman used some on himself.

The part about Marlton is a long shot at it's best. What we DO know is there was an incident at Broken Arrow, causing Russman to leave Broken Arrow, and that Marlton messed something up somehow with his "blabber mouth" that makes Russ angry. Even though there is a little evidence, I feel as though the gaps can be bridged by connecting the parts about Marlton snitching and Russ leaving B.A.

EDIT: If anyone is interested I could do a quick write-up on what exactly the Rift was, how it came to be, and why it should've been all so obvious from the start if anyone would like me to do that.

What if Russman was supposed to be a Super Soldier? He coulda gotten curious of what was hapening and went into the wrong room of the broken arrow base and was exposed to do much 115 that he lost his memory, much like Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo? Because Russ was no longer valuable to them (forgetting all of his training) they release him, and he lives a while as a hobo, usually sleepinf at the bus station, where Misty met him and stuff like that. Marlton could've of been the one testing on him, and when it failed, he was sent to nuketown to work?

• 8 months later...

Actually this isn't just some random assumption. time for some enlightment

after the events of der riese the undead were actualy very secluded so not many people knew that the apocalypse had begun. However in between the adventures of the original crew from der riese to ascension America was already scavenging what they could fron the remains of der riese. The perks were taken as well as the technology left behind after everyone's demise. However America managed to perfect the teleportation in a way that Maxis could never do. The teleporters in der riese were only able to teleport living organisms. This is the reason the undead were constantly destroyed when they entered during Maxis's experiment. Fluffy was able to wnter due to being a living organism as well as the walnut it Richtofens tests.

The teleporters created in america allowed the living as well as the dead to pass through them. Teleporters were not the only things that were scavenged from the ruins. Weapon technology was also found and this it gave birt to the winters howl. The americans also sent their findings to Groom lake.

Now where the theory begins.

It is possible that after the Missiles hit and sent everything to hell. Hidden Organizations established by the U.S government or the Illuminati believed that they were the ones responsible for the apocalypse. Thus they began to burn evidence that tied them to the zombies. What they didn't know is that the world being ravaged had nothing to do with them at all but with the Secret Moon base that no one else had discovered except for Scientists in Griffons station and the original 4.  Not even the tranzit 4 have any idea what Griffon station is.

Another small theory we had was that America had access to another element we called 116. However more research was needed to confirm 116 in Five.

An that concludes my litte history lesson

Edited by Black Hand Smith

I get the feeling Broken Arrow is probably the name of a facility and not the group in charge. Kind of like how Langley is a government building and the CIA is the group. You wouldn't say that the CIA is not a viable FOB. So Broken Arrow could just be a main facility being used by a group like the Majestic 12 or someone else.

And the one thing that has always bothered me about that radio message is the fact that it seems like it has to be before the Moon rockets. You wouldn't burn files and evidence if the planet was just bombed and zombies were everywhere, as shown in the Buried cutscene. And even if that one group was so determined to still hide the evidence as the world was falling apart, why would Saber 10 still feel the need to blow that place up, as if its the only spot with zombies. If the world was covered with zombies and that place might have info about the outbreak, it would be the last place I bombed. I would search every inch of it for info and maybe a cure. So to me, that message seems like its gotta be recorded before the Moon rockets hit the Earth.

And if that's the case, the only two outbreaks we know of right before the Moon rockets hit are the one at Area 51 and the one at Nuketown. Two places right next to each other. So maybe the people at Broken Arrow were responsible for that outbreak, or at least thought they were. I had a long theory about how Nuketown might have been the location of Broken Arrow and the reason its blown up is because the Saber 10 bomb was dropped on it. Marlton was there and we hear the bus Russman is on leaving. So it does kind of fit. And we know that there was a large supply of 115 in Nevada, so its highly likely that the Nuketown/Nevada area was still doing 115 research and continuing what Group 935 started.