Who is "Eddie"?

ZombieSlayerWut

However I now believe the younger Eddie is the one trapped in Teddy.

Would you even go as far as saying the voices Edward Richtofen hears from touching the MPD is actually Eddie being instilled in him?

Far-fetched, yes. Just food for thought.

Not far fetched at all, (although i believe the MPD incident occurred after they started hearing voices didn't it?), given several quotes throughout the years, however i still believe its the Origins Richtofen thats trapped in the TEDDY, mainly due to the age

1918 Richtofen then becomes the young Richtofen working for group 935 in WW2, seems abit off

But i still believe theres 1 piece of information we are missing, something is niggling in the back of my mind and i cant quite get it

EDIT no your right i looked through my files.

Maxis started hearing voices early on due to coming into contact with element 115, however Richtofen only started hearing voices after creating Teleporter technology and when he was teleported to shangri la and the. The MPD site

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I would think I'm in the wrong though. Richtofen hears voices, not one voice. But then again, that's assuming Eddie didn't step into that particular timeline.

It's virtually impossible for Edward Richtofen and Eddie to be the same person, despite their similar intentions and name (zombies having blue eyes for one). That is one thing which is almost certain.

• Administrators

As plausible at that seems at this point, it's difficult to state it as a fact. There are many theories as to how this works out. To say none of them existed at all is kinda tossing the table over a bit too hard. For all we know, it could be a huge metaphor. It could be telling us the events in Origins didn't happen yet gives us a factual backstory of how things worked out in Zombies. It could even be Origins never truly happening yet everything else did.

I admit that part of me just wants to say that Zombies is nothing but an imaginary story that we were given access to actually live out, and those events may come to life in the future of the cutscene. But there is a ridiculously large piece of the puzzle that's still not being explained here.

Eddie is not Richtofen. Richtofen never existed except as a figment of Eddie's imagination.

None of our characters ever existed, for that matter, they were all made up by Samantha and Eddie as the two children played with dolls.

now this i don't agree with at all

if this is what you think, then there is simply no story at all. if they wanted to make a map of unicorn zombies from uranus, they could because "hey its just this little girls imagination"

come on now

As plausible at that seems at this point, it's difficult to state it as a fact. There are many theories as to how this works out. To say none of them existed at all is kinda tossing the table over a bit too hard. For all we know, it could be a huge metaphor. It could be telling us the events in Origins didn't happen yet gives us a factual backstory of how things worked out in Zombies. It could even be Origins never truly happening yet everything else did.

I admit that part of me just wants to say that Zombies is nothing but an imaginary story that we were given access to actually live out, and those events may come to life in the future of the cutscene. But there is a ridiculously large piece of the puzzle that's still not being explained here.

further more, if it is all in Samantha's imagination circa early 1940's, how do you explain so many of the historically accurate things post 1940's in many of the maps. Can she somehow magically see the future? Maybe if Samantha was a college grad with a history degree in the 1990-2010 range would her imagination be able to think of those things, but not a simple little girl in WW2 times.

Eddie could be Richtofens son.

Eddie could be the one who eventually gets trapped inside Teddy.

Makes sense if you think about it.

Richtofen & Maxis worked together if they had children they would have played & stay at the same place.

+1 to IRurG.

Regards Alpha.

That actually makes sense. Richtofen could be in the basement with Maxis, he just didn't talk.

But there is a ridiculously large piece of the puzzle that's still not being explained here.

Where? What piece?

I think of it like this:

One weekend in an undetermined time at an undetermined house, two children are having a sleep-over. Samantha and Eddie. These children have betwen them both several different dolls/figures. They play together with these dolls and for the first day Samantha is doing the narrating. She tells the story. She gives all of the dolls names, perhaps with Eddie's help. She creates the story.

Some may say that perhaps the story she's creating is isolated to Origins and I would say yes, absolutely, if it weren't for the comments that Eddie makes.

Eddie is like the prophet because he wants to have a turn creating the story and he makes mention of gameplay elements we see in the sequel as he references aspects of the story, as presented by Samantha, that he would like to change.

Let's break it into maps by who is telling the story when:

WaW = Samantha

BO:1 = Samantha

Origins = Samantha

Moon = Both (will explain this)

BO:2 = Eddie

WaW, BO:1 (excluding Moon), and Origins all happen on day 1.

Moon and BO:2 all happen on day 2.

Moon is the transitional map. As Day 2 starts, after Samantha has promised Eddie it would be his turn, she demands they make the story make sense instead of just having Eddie start it over. Moon ocurrs. As a way to make the story sensible, Eddie gets rid of the character Samantha has created for herself, but the entire time they've been playing he's enjoyed taking the role of Richtofen (perhaps this was the doll he brought over. When you were a boy and a girl invited you over, would you expect her to have toys that you liked? Put yourself in a boy's shoes...Would you rather play with a GI Joe or a Barbie?).

When BO:2 begins, Richtofen is in control and the eyes of the zombies are blue, just the way Eddie wanted it. It even fits with the overall mood of the different games. Nothing but survival modes on WaW and BO:1 because the feminine motherly instinct of Sam wants to help her characters survive the zombie apocalypse. Masculine conflicts and struggles in BO:2 with the addition of Grief and the struggle for power.

When you really put it all together, it all fits so nicely, but you have to first be able to grasp that nothing we ever did in game was really ocurring.

"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything." -Tyler Durden

Perhaps, Maxis told Sam the story of Origins, the first encounter.

This is where the idea for playing zombies comes from.

Also who made those highly detailed action figures of all the zombies & characters? They look beyond what a little girl could make.

There is a third alternative here...

What if Eddie is Richtofens self projection within Sams own mind, perhaps he hopes to control Sam through an imaginary friend of sorts before she has the incident with the MPD. See Paranormal Activity 3.

Oh, there are signs in both Verruckt & Der Riese that talk of Children (Plural)

"Unbeaufsichtigte kinder werden umgehend an den Zirkus verkauft."

This translates to "Unattended children will be immediately sold to the circus."

This sign can also be found in Der Riese.

Children were not treated well if left unattended in Group 935 facilities.

So there could have been an American kid called Eddie at Verruckt... One half of the map is American. Thought to be used by American 935 members who may have had children just as Maxis has a child.

Remember Sam isn't telling this story in 1918. It would be just before the first outbreak during WWII.

Infact the demon Sam is telling this story from the present/future in 2025 from where ever the old crew went from the destroyed Moon. She is still in Richtofens body isn't she?

"Hallooo, are you forgetting something? Even if your wretched daughter is still alive, she has MY body!" Richtofen in Buried.

In order to continue forwards with our story they had to go back to the beginning to clear the air so to speak.

So Sam is retelling the story of how her first real zombie encounters began.

I.e the Alarms in the end cut scene tell of an impending outbreak.

Finally could this Eddie be the result of Richtofens experiments on Sam. She starts to see this boy. Look for the teddy in the room Sam is in, it could be the stuffed toy that Richtofen is reported to have given Sam.

From NZC:

As we also know Dr. Richtofen had an obsession with stuffed toys & animals. He is known to have given Samantha the Teddy & Monkey, which he may have used to lure her into one of his experiments as mentioned in this Call of the Dead radio transcripts:

Siberian Station Radio One:

"Log entry 1471 Date: September 2nd 1945: Dear diary. Another day, another failure. This time subject N3WB just slightly improved. The Russian subject still smells like urine, even after he was given a bath und deloused TWICE. I think I might have killed the specimen from Mexico. His spleen is on the floor and and he's not moving anymore. I can verify with certainty however that the barrier is not located in the spleen. Dr M(Interference)s must continue no matter the cost. I wonder what might think of my experiments on the little girl? ahahaAHAHAHA. (An animal screech can be heard). Z NIEN!!! drop that! That's my spleen! MINE!" (Transmission Ends)

Dr. Edward Richtofen - September 2nd 1945, Siberian Group 935 Research Outpost

As we can see here Dr. Richtofen has been experimenting on Samantha, 18 days later Dr. Richtofen mentions the O.S.S team sent to rescue Peter who was caught at Verrückt, which can be seen here in the following transcript from Call of the Dead:

Siberian Station Radio Four:

"Entry 1474 Date: September 20th 1945: Dear diary. It would seem that the O.S.S realized that we captured one of their spies. They tried to send a rescue team into Verrückt that was (Interference) by the first batch of test subjects, Haha. I suspect that there are other moles in the organization, Dr. Harvey Yena, and Dr. Peter mckay to be precise. Dr M(Interference) include any Americans at group 935, no matter how much genius they have. Stupid Americans with their apple pies und baseball und children, but I digress (Interference). The new American test subject is interesting, und muscely, his intellect seems low but his will is strong, like the others he doesn't seem to know who he is anymore. Unlike the others, he keeps breaking the restraints und yelling at (Interference). Test Subject N3WB is still staring at the floor muttering what sounds like some kind of proverb over and over again, I think his mind may have been destroyed by the process? Oh well. The Russian subject recently begun responding to stimuli, but only after injecting him with a new serum made primarily from vodka? Perhaps this is the break through we've been w(Interference)" (Transmission Ends)

Dr. Edward Richtofen - Siberian Group935 Research Outpost

Dr. Richtofen enacted his plan against Dr. Maxis & Samantha. The fact Dr. Richtofen was experimenting on Sam before September 2nd 1945, tells me that he was using the Teddy & Monkey to experiment on Samantha secretly with Element 115 inside the stuffed toys. Samantha was like the other test subjects that were different from the ones who became zombies.

However the stuffed animals for some strange reason started to come alive themselves. The personalities that Sam gives to these poisoned gifts starts to make sense.

Mr. Monkey was her friend he only ever wanted to play with Sam, but evil Teddy was different, he was like Dr. Richtofen, a liar. We can see the evidence of Teddy coming to life in another of Dr. Maxis' personal entries into the Data Servant.

Regards Alpha.

Very good points alpha, especially bringing older information back to light for people.

2 things of note though, we know the USA sent an American spy to infiltrate vurruckt who was Peter, so the American link is definitely there.

However doesnt the terminal files state the marines were lead BY tank Dempsey?

We successfully inserted Peter into Group 935 as a research assistant based out of Munich. Current location is unknown, but his last transmission suggested he had been transferred from the Der Riese facility to a top secret location known only as Verruckt. Most recent communique indicated that the 935 experiments are barely under control.

Attempts to secure all visible Group 935 research of Element 115 technology have been unsuccessful.

We fear that Peter identity has been compromised. Sending in a Marine Recon unit to extract Peter from the asylum before it is too late. Operation leader will be one Tank Dempsey.

The asylum must be contained at all costs.

Fair play on the Tank bit I'll correct that.

Regards Alpha.

Sorry what i meant to add but my phone clearly didn't type and i clearly like a twat i might add, didnt bother checking before hitting send.

We Didn't play as Tank in Verruckt, the marines who were sent to retrieve Agent Peter (and for all the "New players" who joined in from Black ops only, the original characters of Verruckt were not Tank, Takeo, Nikolai and Richtofen)

I have always believed that Tank was captured from Verruckt, Takeo from Shi No Numa and Nikolai from the nearest pub (even did some pretty convincing theories on it) But my question is, was Peter the American agent or was he the "Mexican" or is Harvey Eyna "HYENA" the prime suspect still? s Richtofen mentions them quite a few times

Im trying to close some personal holes in my own theories and would like your opinion.

Also we have a date that connects Maxis, Samantha and Fluffy at the same time, would Origins end cinematic be before that date or after? I believe the timeline is important as ever

Could Eddie be agent peters son? Both are American, so many possibilities given what i formation we ha e

• 2 years later...

The vital point here is that Richthofen time travels around and his plan is to kill all copy's of himself from making Samantha into the zombies overlord in the first place as he feels guilty for betraying his friend (maxis) and Samantha... Also Samantha after moon travels back in time in Richtofens body to tell maxis what Richtofens did then told the young versions of primus what we now see in 'The Giant' about Richtofen and his and Dr Maxis's plan of how to save the children... Samantha is one of the children, Eddie is also another version of Richtofen maybe his son, maybe his nephew or maybe an alternate time version of him our Richtofen got to look after Samntha... Either way the children is states in the shadow of evil is Samantha and Eddie and they must be kept safe this is an order presumably issued by Richtofen... But isn't Samantha supposed to hate Richtofen for what he did to her and got her Farther (Maxis) killed? Young Richtofen (The Giant) reimbershies the love she had for 'Uncle Richtofen' and now all Richtofens feel the duty to protect these children as without them the zombies and the discovery of element 115 will collapse in on the multiple dimensions caused by Richtofen... Edward Richtofens plan is to kill all versions of himself, and Maxis is helping him... But why do Eddie and Samantha have to be kept safe?

• 3 months later...
Guest Elie badra
On 9/3/2013 at 6:02 AM, ZombieSlayerWut said:

For those of you who have not seen the ending cutscene upon completing the Origins Easter Egg, do not read on. For those who have, here's some interesting information that may help us in discovering the identity of the boy we see called "Eddie".

Now I know everyone's sort of up in arms about the cutscene, it contradicts a lot of things and explains a lot of other things, and a lot of people are debating whether it is canon or not. For the sake of this thread, let's assume that the cutscene is absolute. We see Samantha and Eddie, two young children playing "zombies". A lot of people have immediately thought that Eddie is Richtofen, seeing as Richtofen is the only character who shares the same first name in Zombies and is also the character who bares most resemblence.

I personally have tried not to believe that this is the case, purely because I didn't want to, I liked to think Richtofen is the Richtofen we know, not that he has some history as an American-accented playfriend to Samantha. Yet as unlikely as it may sound right now, what if Edward Richtofen and Eddie are different people?

Allow me to explain how this could be possible. Firstly, the accent. Eddie has an American accent. Edward Richtofen is German through and through. (However I am aware the same could be said for Samantha). Secondly, Richtofen in Origins is a young man, and Richtofen in all other maps is a fully-grown adult, possibly as old as 50. Eddie is a boy (at MOST a young teenager). How could Edward Richtofen be a similar age to Samantha at any point in time when Samantha was still a girl when Richtofen knew her during his time working with her father Ludvig Maxis and Group 935?

Now the fun part, to delve deeper at this :twisted:

Let's go way way back to Black Ops one. Remember the famous terminal with the DerRiese server? The terminal served as a Zombie's goldmine, we found so much information from the servers of Dr V. Bush and others, yet at the same time we could never access the DerRiese server. We had 9 usernames and not a single password, and not a single password was ever found. The usernames were as follows:

■drmaxis

■sophia

■samantha

■peter

■edward

■erichtofen

■nbelinski

■tdempsey

■tmasaki

So we have an "erichtofen" login and an "edward" login. When this was first discovered there was speculation that maybe there was another Edward in the Zombie's universe, but many people were not convinced, and assumed the 2nd account was either an error or simply Richtofen having 2 accounts for whatever reason. He is a shifty individual after all. However I do believe it is slightly significant now to those people who believe Eddy is NOT Richtofen.

Thoughts?

edward richtofen got different clones and thats why he travel back and forth trying to kill them all well thats my thought 

Guest Elie badra
2 minutes ago, Guest Elie badra said:

edward richtofen got different clones and thats why he travel back and forth trying to kill them all well thats my thought 

so i think eddie from the ending cut scene of origin easterr egghe is probably richtofen clone when he was little cuz he kinda looks like eddie :75: