Containment?!?Eradication?!?Experimentation?!?

BriggzyJ97

Hey everyone,

I would like to discuss the situation of the zombies in the new map Origins.

Now, if the zombies are awakened around 1918/19 by the Reich archeologists then are set free on the surface of Northern France then it is logical to think that somehow they were stopped, because otherwise by the 1940's zombies would already be more in number than humans. So something must of happened to stop them.

That leaves 3 choices:

[*:27agu50s]Containment.
    The first possibility is that the zombie crisis and any trace of 115 were contained somehow, whether this be in a tomb or a force field system. It is unlikely to be a force field system as other countries would be able to acknowledge this and would likely do something, which probably would have been mentioned in one of our zombie games.
    [*:27agu50s] Eradication.
    This is the most likely possibility in my opinion. In this choice all of the zombies and traces of 115 were destroyed. This could either be via The Robot, the mysterious temples spotlight into the sky or maybe even Vril-Ya.Or perhaps just 4 kick-ass soldiers swooped in and shot all of them.
    [*:27agu50s]Experimentation.
    In this possibility the Reich archeologists called some Reich soldiers and scientists, who then proceeded to take the zombies for experimentation like the one heard in the Der Reise radio. This however is an unlikely explanation for all of the zombies going missing

I personally think that it will be a mix of 3 and 2. Some scientists come in and take about 50 zombies and then they order the robot to destroy anything left.

As always, the above are just my thoughts on this subject. Please discuss.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus far in the storyline it seems to be a combination. They try to eradicate them, but they only get them to small numbers, not zero. They contain the rest, but ultimately they end up experimenting with what they've got left, which often will lead to another outbreak, for the cycle to repeat. Just look at "Five" or Area 51.

Actually many people didn't know because of two things:

1. Majority of the outbreaks were located in remote locations and were often contained quickly after the outbreak occurred. In fact, the only outbreak that was public was "Five", which obviously must have been contained since Call of the Dead occurs (the fact that George Romero is still making zombie films after "Five" can confirm this :lol: )

2. Again: outbreaks that were public (and majority of the other outbreaks) were quickly eradicated by the government. I always felt that the events of "Five" were a wake-up call for the US and it helped them realize the threat the zombies oppose, whether or not they actually were close to civilization.

I would say that Kino was quite a "public" outbreak seeing as how it is in the heart of Berlin, but as you said that breakout could have been contained by the German government.

@Stop mocking me0. That's an interesting idea, also Samantha could have controlled them because she didnt want to kill everyone just the O4, whereas Richtofen wants to play his game with everyone.

I'm going with Eradication. They zombies are stopped here by the O4.

After the War, the 935 scientist actually get their hands on 115, either from Tunguska, the Shi No Numa meteor, or left overs from WWI. Either way, they now know what 115 can do, so they go about experimenting with it. And from there is history.