Richtofen's links with France & his true identity

Wooodd

I'm sure most people have heard of the 'Red Baron', a famous German WW1 fighter pilot, but what you may not be aware of is that his real name was Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen!!!

Looking into the history of the Red Baron, I'll link the Wikipedia entry at the bottom, he was shot down and killed in aerial combat near Amiens on 21 April 1918. Amiens is in France and the Red Baron died at the time the 'Origins' map is set to take place.

Considering the locale and timing of the Red Barons death in relation to the games location (and the Biplane on the 'Origins' reveal trailer) is it conceivable that our beloved Nazi Crackpot is in fact the Red Baron himself, and that his death in 1918 was a lie to allow him to pursue his goal of Zombie greatness upon his discovery of E115.

Now I know that Richtofen is referred to as Dr. Edward Richtofen but the Dr. could be self-appointed (or even a doctorate earned later) and Edward could be used as a cover name to hide his true identity.

I think that this is entirely plausible, they even look alike (to me). What do you think, here is a pic of each of them for you to compare. Obviously our Crazy German is a lot older but they are certainly alike wouldn't you agree.

So from this I conclude that Richtofen is the Red Baron and his death in France in 1918 was a cover-up.

I've rambled on too long now (I should be working) so let me know what you think, I have stumbled on something or are these the ramblings of a madman who has not had enough sleep and has an overactive imagination?

Here's the Wikipedia entry if you want to look into this for yourselves:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manfred_von_Richthofen

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there was theory about this in waaaaay back not about him being red baron but that its his relative or something. Of course none of that can be confirmed and nothing but his name suggest them being linked so far. But maybe after this map, who knows.