Time Bomb Explanation

Beat

I have seen that a lot of people are pretty confused by how the time bomb works. Here is a quick explanation.

When you throw a time bomb, it will "save" at the point at which it is thrown. When you use the time bomb later, you will return to the "save" created. However, some things will not come back, but instead stay how they were.

So, basically, there are two points in time: the Throw point, which is when the bomb was thrown, and the Use point, which is when the bomb was used to go back in time. Using a time bomb makes some things return to the Throw point, but will also keep some things from the Use point.

Here is what will revert to the Throw point:

1. Your points will go back to however many you had at the Throw point.

2. You will only have the guns that you had at the Throw point, and will have however much ammo you had at the Throw point.

3. You will have any perks that you had at the Throw point.

4. You will return to the round from the Throw point.

5. You will be wherever you were in the map at the Throw point.

6. The bank will have however much money it had at the Throw point.

7. The weapons locker will contain whatever weapon it contained at the Throw point.

8. The ghosts and zombies will be wherever they were in the map at the Throw point.

Here is what will remain from the Use point, even after you go back in time:

1. Any buildables will remain built; any pieces placed at buildables will remain on their buildable board.

2. Any parts which were dropped will remain at the spot at which they dropped.

3. Any buildables which were placed in the map will remain where they were placed.

4. Any doors which were bought will remain bought.

5. Any debris broken by the giant will remain broken.

6. Any chalk outlines which were placed will remain placed.

7. Any gameplay stats (Kills, headshots, downs, revives) will remain.

8. Any drops will remain on the field after you go back in time. Free perk bottles will also remain on the field. Also, any drops that are currently in effect, such as Insta-Kill, Double Points, or Fire Sale, will remain in effect.

9. The giant will not be affected, and will continue whatever task he is doing.

10. The power will remain on.

Besides this, there are some special other uses for the bomb:

1. If a player is down, another player can throw the time bomb, then use it immediately. Any downed players will get up, and the player with the time bomb will earn one revive for each player who is saved. Just as with regular revives, the downed players will keep their guns but lose their perks.

2. If a player dies, another player can throw the time bomb, then use it immediately. The player will respawn, but will have no perks or guns (except for the Colt).

Hopefully, this will make the time bomb's mechanics more clear to players.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So at the very end of the round, every one is down and there is one zombie. Instead of starting the round, I can hit the box and get a new time bomb and throw it down and revive everyone so they can get set up BEFORE the new round. Thanks for telling me that last thing :D

That is awesome, I didn't know that either. Really useful.

Beat, can you also explain what happens to the zombies and the ghosts (locations, counts, etc) that are around at the Throw and Use points?

Does the new patch make the Time Bomb and Monkey Bomb available to a single player now?

Stated in the patch notes:

The Time Bomb now functions correctly if the Player has both the Time Bomb and the Monkey Bomb in their inventory.

I haven't received both from the box yet.

No, I'm not sure what that patch note means. I lost my monkey bombs after picking up the time bomb when I played a game following the update, so one player can apparently not have both. However, I have not tried taking monkey bombs from the box while holding a time bomb (Or while having one already thrown). I will test this next time I play.

All zombies or ghosts that are present will revert to the Throw point. Also, I believe that any zombies who were right next to a player at the Throw point will vanish / be killed when you return, but I need to check and confirm, so I will also test that.

Also, I forgot to say that the power will always remain on, and is not affected by the time bomb. I should also add that the bank and fridge ARE affected, and will revert to the Throw point.