Buidables challenge: no credited kills

I used the buildables to go over 30 rounds with no credited kills.

In the saloon hallway that drops to the bar floor.

HC on an opposite wall so zombies wall towards blades.

Then TS behind that.

Lastly, SR and the Turbine and myself at the other end.

Gt:Unmazing

Check solo leaderboards for rd 32. (no longer valid as I've done 64 rounds then quit this super easy map).

Saved in theater. (still true: 32 rounds).

Typed badly on annoying interface...

Edit: bumped/retitled thread.

How high can you get without any credited kills, using only buildables?

I know someone here had a goal of 70, how is that working out?

I made 32 rounds with no credited kills easily, now it's your turn.

Happy gaming!

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone here had a goal of 70, how is that working out?

Yeah, that was me. I got to 25 before accidently killing a zombie and have not tried it again since. I think it would be easily possible though to get to 75+ on this map with 0 kills, and I still intend on trying it again at some point in time.

Yeah really...After you build everything then you still have to wait for the first 5 slow waves before the pace will quicken. This is probably the slowest way to start.

An even better challenge on this map would be to do this strategy without using the bank. Chalk guns are your only way to open everything up.

From Nukes I would imagine...you should be spending all your money from the chalk guns on doors, really.

There are 6 chalk guns = 6000

At least 1 free booze to take down a barrier = 1000 (this is meant as an average, whereas you'd be spending what you make from bashing barriers on the next booze)

And the 500 you get from start, let's make it 550 with a R1 barrier

So, that's 7,550.

Saloon and Courthouse both can be reached from the tunnels just for 750 debris = 1500

Then there's the upstairs door to the General Store = 750

So for 2250 and possibly an extra 1000 in case no free booze spawns to open towards church

So, at most we're spending 3250 to open what needs opened, leaving 4300

Strategically to make life easier, I'd spend 1000 of that on booze for the debris at the Gunsmith and make chalking guns much easier, the rest could go to the Courthouse or Saloon front door, or better yet just get another booze and get Jug

Kinda just had to figure this one out on my own...I didn't think this was possible without the bank until I crunched the numbers.

The last chalk gives 2000.

Also, no nukes. No drops of any kind from buildables. Another bit of weird.

The number that i mentioned, i just pulled out of my ass, my memory sucks, don't recall the actual amount.

Edit: just watched the set up from start to round 5.

Weird. It was right after the map came out, i barely knew where i was going.

Booze didn't lay on the floor when you traded it, just reset elsewhere.

I made the big guy run like 2 feet to each barrier, no idea that you got more from afar.

Caught several glitchy moments.

No bank, probably didn't know about time bomb yet.

I think that i only bought jugger and quick revive the whole game.

So i had 500 start + 7000 chalk, plus what little from the barriers.

Edited by 83457

Forgot about the last chalk, but yeah that's a total of 7,500. Didn't you end the game with that though? And you bought perks? How is that possible?

That was the end of game total (the final screen shows your total points for the game, max 1 million). During round 4-32, i had like 450 points the whole game. Occasional window fixes gave some points, but basically bought jugger and qr, opened the map, even the house, but i don't think that i even went in, because i didn't think the buildables would kill the witches. I think that I've tried to kill them with buildables at another time and it didn't work, but my memory is fuzzy on the subject.

I opened gs door across from gunsmith, the upstairs door of gs (to jump to chalk roof easy). Inside and outside saloon doors, door to house. The door to the house was pointless, but i really didn't know what i was doing, it was my first high score on Buried, i don't think i had done 15 rounds before this game. I used TS to get in courthouse.

/best recollection.

I could scribble game notes for the first few rounds if you want.

Edited by 83457