Tailored For You!

I want a DLC to contain some sort of workbench where you can craft a gun to have what modifications you want. You want a Hybrid Sight on the M14? GO BUILD IT. You want an RPG with a double mag-esque type of add on? GO BUILD IT. You want a Ray Gun with a stock? I DUNNO HOW IT'S POSSIBLE BUT BUILD IT!

I just want more opportunities to do things how I want it, not follow a set pack a punched track. Thoughts?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a DLC to contain some sort of workbench where you can craft a gun to have what modifications you want. You want a Hybrid Sight on the M14? GO BUILD IT. You want an RPG with a double mag-esque type of add on? GO BUILD IT. You want a Ray Gun with a stock? I DUNNO HOW IT'S POSSIBLE BUT BUILD IT!

I just want more opportunities to do things how I want it, not follow a set pack a punched track. Thoughts?

sounds like fun, maybe something they could add to custom game modes after all the dlc is out... would make it too easy though. as long as it was for custom so no leaderboards, and if they took it out of stats completely i think it would be a good option and time killer :)

sounds like fun, maybe something they could add to custom game modes after all the dlc is out... would make it too easy though. as long as it was for custom so no leaderboards, and if they took it out of stats completely i think it would be a good option and time killer :)

Well yeah. I completely forgot about the difficulty could really jump the stats up tremendously. Yeah Custom Games should have this, but not Public. Maybe Solo.

Yes, yes, and more yes.

They could give us attachment unlocks while we play, just like we get in Multiplayer. Add in a "Master" Table that we can go to while playing. Throw your gun on the table and you can unlock/activate the attachment, build it, then use it.

I think we could work in a Prestige award, like the permanent unlock, but instead of a permanent unlock, make it instead a permanent upgrade. So, if we play long enough and unlock the ACOG for the Ray gun, we can build it first, then choose to make this upgrade permanent. Now everytime we pick up the Ray gun, it always has the ACOG without needing to build it.

Yes, yes, and more yes.

They could give us attachment unlocks while we play, just like we get in Multiplayer. Add in a "Master" Table that we can go to while playing. Throw your gun on the table and you can unlock/activate the attachment, build it, then use it.

I think we could work in a Prestige award, like the permanent unlock, but instead of a permanent unlock, make it instead a permanent upgrade. So, if we play long enough and unlock the ACOG for the Ray gun, we can build it first, then choose to make this upgrade permanent. Now every time we pick up the Ray gun, it always has the ACOG without needing to build it.

This is a great idea! The original post and the point made by you. However there is a few ideas that could be added to make this subject a bit better. The idea of perma-unlocked attachments is a great one but could become completely over powered. So here is a thought, why not consider only certain attachments that could be perma-unlocked? A choice of a set of 10 possibly? The limit allows for customization for everyone that you like and want, but restricts it enough so you don't push it to round 105 using one gun that is completely over kill (granted the bullet count to kill a zombie on this round would be terrible but non the less just to prove a point). I don't believe it should be set by 3-arch but they should decide the limit of attachments you can unlock permanently. Honestly this could revolutionize the strategies and ways people play solo. Also yes it should stay solo and have its own separate leader board... possibly. That could kind of show you how people do with their own setup. If a separate leader board could be made showing the guns that had their own custom twist by players and how well they did it would be a nice addition to the community :).

Yes, yes, and more yes.

I think we could work in a Prestige award, like the permanent unlock, but instead of a permanent unlock, make it instead a permanent upgrade. So, if we play long enough and unlock the ACOG for the Ray gun, we can build it first, then choose to make this upgrade permanent. Now every time we pick up the Ray gun, it always has the ACOG without needing to build it.

This is a great idea! The original post and the point made by you. However there is a few ideas that could be added to make this subject a bit better. The idea of perma-unlocked attachments is a great one but could become completely over powered. So here is a thought, why not consider only certain attachments that could be perma-unlocked? A choice of a set of 10 possibly? The limit allows for customization for everyone that you like and want, but restricts it enough so you don't push it to round 105 using one gun that is completely over kill (granted the bullet count to kill a zombie on this round would be terrible but non the less just to prove a point). I don't believe it should be set by 3-arch but they should decide the limit of attachments you can unlock permanently. Honestly this could revolutionize the strategies and ways people play solo. Also yes it should stay solo and have its own separate leader board... possibly. That could kind of show you how people do with their own setup. If a separate leader board could be made showing the guns that had their own custom twist by players and how well they did it would be a nice addition to the community :).

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Perhaps instead of limiting the types of attachments that we can use for a permanent upgrade, they would limit the number of permanent upgrades to 1 per gun. So, as long as you don't have a permanent upgrade on any given gun, you can try out all the attachments you've unlocked and every new game the gun resets to default. However, once you designate a permanent upgrade, that's it...The other attachments will no longer work on the gun.

The next time you prestige, you could swap your next permanent upgrade for an erase token and set the gun back to default. This would promote players to be very careful in using the permanent upgrade or not use it at all. I think this could balance the power nicely, but I would still use it. First chance I had, the fore grip goes permanently on the HAMR.

Perhaps instead of limiting the types of attachments that we can use for a permanent upgrade, they would limit the number of permanent upgrades to 1 per gun. So, as long as you don't have a permanent upgrade on any given gun, you can try out all the attachments you've unlocked and every new game the gun resets to default. However, once you designate a permanent upgrade, that's it...The other attachments will no longer work on the gun.

The next time you prestige, you could swap your next permanent upgrade for an erase token and set the gun back to default. This would promote players to be very careful in using the permanent upgrade or not use it at all. I think this could balance the power nicely, but I would still use it. First chance I had, the fore grip goes permanently on the HAMR.

Yes I was thinking about that way, too. I just want 3arc to realize that sometimes, customization doesn't equal simple stuff in custom games. That it can also include alternatives to the approach of "what you can do".