Icarus

The Story of Icarus

Credits:

RequixEclipse (idea)

vDeltaGamingv (linkage into the story)

Hey guys Nai here with this theory, assisted by my good friends, RequixEclipse & vDeltaGamingv.

Story (credit to RequixEclipse for writing this):

Daedalus was a Athenian Craftsmen, a skilled Artisan, and Father of Icarus. In Crete this man created a Labyrinth. It was designed to hold a beast, a monster known as the Minotaur.

Upon finishing this complex, Daedalus locked himself in a tower to prevent any knowledge of his design. No one knew the maze or what lurked in its shadows. How to escape or even enter was unknown.

King Minos over watched the seas of Crete. Every ship was to be searched at all times. Land was under his control as well. Daedalus looks toward the Heavens. there was no other options...

He begins to construct a method of aerial traversal. A set of bird like wings for both him and his son Icarus. Daedalus secured feathers smallest to largest by pouring wax over the string holding them in place.

Daedalus warned Icarus not to fly too low, because the foam from the sea would soak the feathers and destroy his craft. Also warning him not to fly too high or else rays from the sun would melt the wax.

Soaring upward after passing Samos, Delos, and Lebynthos. Icarus elevates toward the inferno sun and plummets into the murky sea below. Daedalus cries watching as his son drowns and blames himself. Daedalus believes his creation destroyed his finest artwork. His first son..

A piece of land next to the site where Icarus died was named Icaria. It was in memory to a young boy known as Icarus.

Now you may be thinking "Nai, how on Earth does this tie in to our story?"

While playing with Requix the other night, we got this quote (or something along the lines of it) while riding the plane to the bridge:

Yes! The Icarus is in flight!

This seems to tell us that our plane has a name: The Icarus

This begins to give us evidence towards the map tying into the story of Icarus and the Labyrinth. I have gathered (with the help of Delta) a comparison to the characters of

Ferguson: King Minos. He kept our players captive in the prison and enforced the rules upon them.

Finn: Daedalus. Ferguson asks Finn for the "scores" similar to Minos asking Daedalus for his latest invention.

Weasel: Icarus. Weasel fakes injured to escape, while Icarus faked illness to gather supplies for his father.

Brutus: Brutus is the Minotaur, hunting everybody down, using his abilities as a monster to his advantage.

Billy: Prince Theseus. Not going to let anyone (or anything for that matter) stop him. Ready to go to extremes.

Sal: Can't think of anything for him. Need help.

The Map itself seems to be a Labyrinth type structure.

Mob if the Dead ties in with Greek Mythology, in many ways. We have Cerberus, the Icarus, Brutus the Minotaur :P, and our characters linking up with the myth's characters.

And so ends this post.

PS: I'm writing this late at night and the only reason I haven't gone to sleep yet is I don't want to lose progress, so sorry if it is a bit hard to follow :?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job, guys! Also, you could compare the GG bridge to the Sun, because the wings fell apart when Icarus flew too close, as per the plane hitting the bridge. Maybe he writing in the Warden's office has something to do with Greek mythology as well?

Very nice connections. +1 mucho.

Great job, guys! Also, you could compare the GG bridge to the Sun, because the wings fell apart when Icarus flew too close, as per the plane hitting the bridge. Maybe he writing in the Warden's office has something to do with Greek mythology as well?

Very nice connections. +1 mucho.

Well Delta and I thought it connects the plane with the fact the plane flew too high, was zapped, and plummeted in a ball of fire towards the sea.

Double post, but I don't care.

It appears the plane is struck either directly or is very close to a lightning strike prior to the characters falling. The last thing you see before falling is a flash of the lightning, and based on the burning debris of the plane, it's safe to say that yes, this is our sun, regardless of direct hit or not.