A Maxis Research Paper

Or, more accurately, me asking for a bit of guidance in building one. Now, I'm not a big fan of real-world history, and my current English teacher is. She currently wants us to do a paper about somebody who had it all and lost it - a real world Macbeth. With a little bit of persuasion, I was able to secure the right to do a paper on someone fictional, and the person that sprang to mind is our good friend Maxis. He was the head of a group of researchers, he had a wife and kid, and now he's dead, along with his family and old job.

I'm not asking you guys to write a paper for me. I'm asking you guys for a bit of info. Anything, really. I'll post a link to where I plan to pull some info (aka the wiki), but I'd appreciate it if you guys could post some of the stuff that happened. Some things like his family, some of the research he was doing and how that effected both him and the scientists, and Richthofen's betrayal. I'm also very sketchy on whatever happened on Moon and, what, Griffon Station?

Dat link: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Ludvig_Maxis

So uh, yeah. Help me out, guys. Or don't. But I'd appreciate it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest that you look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=100&t=18279

It's over a bunch of stuff, Maxis included.

I will also strongly urge you to NOT use ANYTHING from the Call of Duty Wiki. It is a HORRIBLE source of information.

Also, Maxis is a difficult one. Richtofen would be easy; we know him. However, the most mysterious thing about Maxis is his current agenda. (He's not dead; it turned out he survived.)

I would suggest that you look at this thread: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/ ... 00&t=18279

It's over a bunch of stuff, Maxis included.

I will also strongly urge you to NOT use ANYTHING from the Call of Duty Wiki. It is a HORRIBLE source of information.

Also, Maxis is a difficult one. Richtofen would be easy; we know him. However, the most mysterious thing about Maxis is his current agenda. (He's not dead; it turned out he survived.)

Wait, how did I miss that he's alive? What? WHAT? WUT....

Uno mas!

I remember reading through your thread around the time Die Rise was released. It was pretty well-built. I'll be sure to go over it repeatedly in the weeks to come while I write this paper.

I can't do Richtofen, since the theme of the paper is "Someone that had it all and lost it." I thought that Maxis had died, and even if he didn't, he's still lost a lot. Richtofen has so far climbed the ladder to achieve greatness. He hasn't lost it all, at least not yet.

I suppose I could do Nicholai as well, but I honestly think that Maxis would make a better and longer paper. It's gotta be around 2.5 pages long, double spaced. I personally don't understand the deal with double spacing since it's just filer for a paper, but whatever. My teacher has generally accepted all my essays with great grades, despite how I stray from the guidelines. Guess I'm good at essays.

Finally, she'll let me get all my info from the internet, despite the fact that she only wants internet sources to account for a third of the information in the paper. She still wants me to look for book sources though, so if you guys have any idea on actual books or other sources that I could use, do give me a shout. I'll be looking for books next week around Monday or Tuesday, so if you guys don't know of any, I'll look around. I expect this specific part of my search to be fruitless, but it's always nice to be pleasantly surprised.

Forgot to mention: I have told her who my character is and that he's from a video game. Don't know why that's important, I had something going on in my head and it slipped. Train of thought derailed, no survivors.

To be honest, I don't think you should do a character from Zombies. Zombies is great, I get that. However, there are NO book sources. Not to mention that there are no or nearly no .org, .net, or .gov sources for Zombies. I think you'll get a better grade if you do a real person.

Definatly do what he said ^^

'Spose I should type out the good reasons I have for doing this.

I don't really enjoy real world history. It isn't that interesting to me. I can't get into the subject matter and really pull good things out of it. I can get into this - I really enjoy fiction. I find it hard to focus on things I can't really get in to.

To my teacher, this is an experiment. I type out really good essays when she hands them out, and I don't tend to take the conventional route when it comes to them. She lets me do whatever it is I'd like to do because she enjoys what I write. It's not going to be an issue when it comes to book sources, or length. As long as I can gather the material to write out my essay, she'll accept it, no matter the length or sources.

Odd to think that I'd ever be confident in myself.

Anywho, I'll build a good paper and hand it in. Might upload the paper after it's done, but I'll be sure to tell you what grade I get on it. Worst case scenario, I get a C and still easily get out of the class with a B or an A. She'll probably let me redo the essay if it really hurts me.

If I have to redo it, I'll be sure to find someone else. I don't know a lot of real-world people, so that'll be difficult, but I know I'll make it through. Hell, that won't be a problem as long as I do well the first time.

Hey man i think it's a swell idea! I mean if she'll let u do it why not? Anyway i just wanted to add that while Maxis is a fictional character, alot of the general zombies backstory is based on actual "real-world" history like the nazi's wunderwaffe program, area 51, etc etc. I would suggest finding these connections with maxis's story(there are many) and referencing them in yr paper..just a thought..good luckman!