Is Samantha in control?

Now, as i'm sure you are all aware, the zombies in Mob of The Dead all have Red Eyes- a first for CoD zombies. Now, a lot of theories have been posted abput this and I have (of course) come up with my own, and some logical support to back it up.

At first, I was convinced that we would definately have a new announcer, however I noticed yesterday whilst watching the Behind The Scenes trailer for Mob of The Dead (again), I think this isn't the case. At one point in the trailer (sorry can't remember the minute), we see the players showing us what the fan trap does (side note: it looks cool) before picking up a Max Ammo. Listen closely at that point- you can just about hear Samantha saying her 'Max Ammo' line before someone starts talking over the game again.

Now at first I thought that this was perhaps a placeholder voice, so we didn't find out who it was. But actually, I think I may have found some facts that could show us it is Samantha in charge.

Firstly, at the beginning of the trailer during the panning shots of Alcatraz, we can hear Samantha's little girl laugh that we have all become familiar with. Could this be Treyarch giving us clues?

Also, remember in the original trailer there was a frame that contained a picture of a Teddy Bear lying on a cell room floor. Again, could the Teddy Bear be hints coming from Treyarch?

Finally, and this one doesn't really have evidence yet but is still a valid point to make if true, it has been rumoured that the girl singing at the end of the trailer is none other than Elena Siegman, and she will (finally in my opinion) make her return. Now, although there's no proof of this, I did in a previous topic (Link:http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=28104) try to link the singer to the announcer. For example, in Kino, Ascension, Shangri-La and Moon Samantha's in charge and we play as the original characters, and in each map Elena Siegman is the singer. In BO2, Richtofen is in charge and we play as the N4, and Clark S. Nova appears to be the singer. I concluded that this could mean the announcer chooses the singer, and although there are some flaws in this (i.e. the marines in Veruckt also get Elena) I do believe this could be true.

So, if Treyarch do confirm that Elena is making a return it could mean that Samantha is in charge once more. However, like everyone else, we'll just have to wait a week. Let me know what you guys think about this and feel free to tear my theory apart/ completely agree with it if you can.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

It is very possible that Samantha could be within the Aether at this point. The thing that mainly confuses us is the red eyes on the zombies that we've never encountered before. The Max Ammo quote is definitely her quote, but it may just as well be a placeholder. After all, Treyarch has been quite infamous for including objects in their trailers which did not appear in the final product.

The bear itself is very peculiar; from the one image of Cell 14D, it looks very...different compared to all the other teddy bears that we've come across. Perhaps it's because it isn't as destroyed or stained with blood.

If we are to assume that Samantha is in control, then these bears would be linked to her. But the appearance of these teddy bears do not match. Perhaps Mob of the Dead would be occurring at the beginning of her control?

The music sounds more like Amy Lee from Evanescence. This has been brought up countless times, but it just seems to be the case. I wouldn't exactly use a singer to represent particular characters. I know that happens to be a current trend, and it is continuously expanding with Clark on board. We'll just have to see on that one.

Hmmm... Good points about the Teddy Bear. I too believe that if Samantha is in control, then it would be just after the events on Moon occurred which gave her control in the first place.

Also true about Amy Lee, she does sound somewhat similar to the girl at the end, and if they stick to CoTD's style of a guest celebrity group/ singer doing the Music Easter Egg then it could very well be true. But deep down i'd rather it was Elena, she is kind of part of Zombies and I do hope we hear from her again before the end of BO2 zombies.

This was copy pasted from another thread in the General section regarding whether Sam was in control prior to Shi No Numa, but I think it does apply here also...

I'm not commenting on whether Sam was in control prior to Shi No Numa, but I will point out that the "Mystery Box" light wasn't blue until Der Riese.

In Nacht and Veruckt there was no light beam just a slight glow around the box.

In the Shi No Numa the beam of light was yellow.

In Der Riese the light changed to blue and has been ever since until this new map MOTD...

What does that mean for the story? IDK but I'd say Sam is not in control this time around nor is Richtofen...

This was copy pasted from another thread in the General section regarding whether Sam was in control prior to Shi No Numa, but I think it does apply here also...

I can assure you, I copied this from no-one. I didn't check to see if someone had already posted something similar and I just wanted to get my ideas down fast before I forgot them so sorry if any of them are the same/similar.

The Max Ammo quote is definitely her quote, but it may just as well be a placeholder. After all, Treyarch has been quite infamous for including objects in their trailers which did not appear in the final product.

Thats true notice how they also use Kravchenko as a placeholder for the opening cutscene.

I noticed that too, at first I thought that it was just a character that looked extremely similar but after further examination it does indeed seem to simply be Kravchenko (who I thoroughly doubt will appear in this map).

So yes, I also believe it is likely just a placeholder but there is some (albeit minute) evidence that it could perhaps be Samantha, however I doubt it and hope not too as I want the story to advance further than that.

I meant that I had Copy Pasted my response from another thread because I felt that they were connected.

Not that you had copied anything

Oh right sorry then haha, was going to say I hadn't copied anything.

I'm not commenting on whether Sam was in control prior to Shi No Numa, but I will point out that the "Mystery Box" light wasn't blue until Der Riese.

In Nacht and Veruckt there was no light beam just a slight glow around the box.

In the Shi No Numa the beam of light was yellow.

In Der Riese the light changed to blue and has been ever since until this new map MOTD...

What does that mean for the story? IDK but I'd say Sam is not in control this time around nor is Richtofen...

This is a good point, I do believe it is most likely that the sound was just a placeholder, especially as the map is set before even Group 935 had been established which intrigues me as well and makes me think that this is perhaps the first zombie outbreak that occured in history.