MotD (Behind the Scenes) Trailer Analysis/Discussion

Hey, guys. The Behind the Scenes for Mob of the Dead is out! I suggest all of you guys to check it out now, if you haven't already. If anyone has made a Trailer discussion already, that's cool. I don't wanna hear any "Why did you copy me?" though. I'm just doing my own version of it.

Anyway, I'm pumped and ready to show you guys some of the noticeable changes to Zombies, presented in the trailer. I've made these HD screenshots and anyone is allowed to use them in the forums. So without further ado, lets have a look at Mob of the Dead.

First up are some images, possibly revealing our first steps to the Easter Egg! It says that we need to build a plane to get off the island. But my guess is that we're going to need a better plan that that, really...

These documents probably came from one of the prisoner's diary, revealing their plans on how to get out of the island and more notes about the afterlife. This could tell us a lot about the back-story.

Have fun deciphering all of that... Now here are the main characters using some of the new weaponry. The first one shows one of the characters using a new sort of blunt weapon. It could either be the Sickle from the first Black Ops, or it could just be the starting knife... but I doubt it. Also, you get a closer look at the Zombie's appearance.

This second character appears to be holding the Ak_47. I don't know exactly what the magazine capacity is for the Ak_47. All I know is that it's the same one from the original Black Ops and that, when pack-a-punched, it becomes the Reznov's Revenge. There was also a confirmation of the PDW, LSAT, B23R and the Remmington making a return. Seems like the will a quite a lot of weapons ready for us!

Alright lets move onto some in-game footage here. You'll notice the HUD and some of original Zombies layout is completely different here. It's almost representing something old-school and looks similar to the HUD of Mafia 2... speaking of, here is what the Tommy Gun looks like. It's said to have a magazine of 50/380. Not sure whether this is a wall-weapon or not, but I sure hope it is.

Now then something we've all been curious about are these Hellhound-looking things that stick to the wall. In the trailer, you see these things eat Zombies... Are they friendly or dangerous? speedmetal890 has an interesting theory on this and explains that this could possibly be the Pack-a-Punch. Also, notice the key icon on the upper left. This could be the key from the Warden mentioned in the documents. Maybe this is the new indicator as to what equipment we're holding on to? So much mystery!

There's a new perk called Electric Cherry for 2000 points. It grants you the power of making electric shocks when you reload. This can damage and kill the zombies around you. When you think about it, it's a sort of PHD Flopper and saves you from getting cornered when you're reloading. This could turn overpowered, though... all you need to do is switch guns back and forth and keep reloading for a small shock burst. We'll just have to see how good/bad it turns out to be.

The new Wonder Weapon is called the Blundergat. It looks like a 4-barrel shotgun but it holds a magazine of 1/64. No confirmation yet whether it is a build-able or if you can get it from the Mystery Box. When you upgrade the Blundergat, you will shoot these tiny acid rounds that stick to the Zombies. You can shoot all four at once or conserve the ammo. Also, as predicted, the Zombie Shield build-able is back. This one looks more firm and stronger, though. Maybe it will last longer than one in TranZit?

Activation Traps are back! Not just the plain old Lasers from the World at War and Black Ops maps, but multiple! You got spinning fan blades and traps that drop burning acid on Zombies... or your teammates. (I can't imagine Juggernog protecting you from those blades, just sayin') You also got a Lift to safely transport from one location to the other. Have I mentioned that this map looks HUGE?!

A new challenger approaches: Heavy Armored Zombie B*tch. It has been mentioned this guy can take out your perks and even the Mystery Box?! It's also very likely this guy actually comes between rounds, acting like the Napalm Zombie. In the trailer you also see him getting downed from 1 shot of the Remmington during an Insta-Kill. I wonder if we could get a free perk from this boss. Maybe if he doesn't get to disable things he drops one like the Monkeys did from Ascension. I expect to test out a lot of theories, and that will probably gain us a lot of downs...

And then this final feature... something that's probably gonna change our Easter Egg hunting and Zombies experience entirely... The Afterlife. Our so-called purgatory, that becomes available after we die (Or so I've heard). There are multiple hints and Illuminati symbols all around the map, and we've got the ability to do something with it when we're in the afterlife. What exactly? We don't know yet. But I really hope it won't require me to go down a 100 of times to find out. I'm very curious to what this feature holds... Leave your thoughts about this down below!

As you can see, there is a LOT of stuff included in the new map. From the looks of it, it might take a while to get used to this new experience. But I'll bet you it will be fun as heck. What's your opinion about the map so far? I know for sure that next week can't come any sooner!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great +1,

one thing, ''Heavy Armored Zombie B*tch'' is the warden

I'm not too sure about this as the Guard/Warden seems purely cinematic.

I have some other pictures and info about both of them here

@MF

The Heavily Armoured Zombie (could be called HAZard), shuts off/lock downs the perk machines and the box, so you have to pay to use them again. It doesn't mention the Pack-a-Punch (I think).