The most CONSISTENT point starting strat

Lots of threads on this topic, lots of opinions. Time for my opinion on the most consistent way to start.

*Some other methods can gain you more points, but it's completely random as to how well they do.

This method assumes no random drops, as they are rare and a bit silly to rely on as in some other 'strats'.

Drops are points based, the first 3 coming at 2500 points, 5000 points and then around 7500.

Using ammo in the first 2 rounds is completely pointless.

If you stab all the zombies in rounds 1 and 2, you will be on around 2400ish points.

Edit - I forgot to say that either on round 1 or 2, I use 3 bullets on 2 zombies in a line to bump me closer to 2500.

This means that the first zombie killed on round 3 will leave a drop. Any ammo you have wasted in rounds 1 and 2 takes away from the amount you have in round 3, and it screws up the points figure meaning you will get a drop towards the end of round 2.

Round 3, stab the zombie twice, then headshot twice. Drop appears.

If it's ammo or insta kill, empty as much of your pistol as you can before taking either drop.

If it's *2, I personally aim for the heads with about 4 shots, and then stab for the 260 rather than the lots of 20s.

Generally, if you get a *2 you will pass the 5000 point mark....so when you are just below it, make sure you shoot to kill so you can choose the drop.

If it's a nuke, ignore it and try and finish the round...if you get less than 3 zombies left, just take it.

Using this method I always have the Bowie on round 3 on Die Rise, and round 4 on every other map except Ascension.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah sounds good. I pretty much use one starting strategy on all games in Die Rise and it doesn't rely on any luck or the box.

I almost always have the most points on my team throughout the early rounds.

Chopper's strategy is great for maximizing early round points. I'm usually a little more careless, I'll shoot on round 1 and 2 for example.

Next would be to build the tramp, if you go having someone turn on power is usually a good idea, if we all go through the door, I'll make sure to buy a pdw before dropping down into the tramp room.

Then we'll usually camp the tramp room until the boss round and get a free perk. In most cases after the boss round I'll have over 6000 points and be able to go grab knuckles instantly. If the boss round happens on 5, sometimes i need to camp the tramp room a little longer.

Once I get knuckles I'll go and camp the AN for a bit, unless my team is elsewhere. If I happened to get mulekick, I'll buy the AN now, otherwise I'll come back later.

(The hole in the wall gets the most zombies).

While building points with the knuckles, make sure to shoot as much as you can with the m1911 to maximize your points.

Camping the an is quite easy, sometimes I'll stay till next boss round. Getting in the corner by the window where you drop down from the shaft works quite well on the jumping jacks.

Whenever I decide to leave, I'll head to the roof. Grab perks, make my sallies, etc.

Then usually camp the roof until it gets crazy. Then split up or use a variety of other strategies depending on how good my teammates are.

My gun set-up is usually: M&S, upgraded PDW, and upgraded AN. In the early to mid 20's I'll trade the pdw for an upgraded SVU. At this point you should have at least 50K in points unless you went down a lot.

For my base perks, I try to get: jugg, mule kick, who's who, and speed cola. I rely on the boss rounds for dtap (which would be nice to have but the other perks feel more necessary).

This set-up is very much tailored towards co-op, specifically 4-person co-op, and even more specifically 4-person co-op with randoms.

I vary strategies a lot of the time, and would do completely different things on solo or 2-person high round run, I pretty much only play 4-player now so I thought I'd share.

The key is getting knuckles directly after the first boss round ;) , sets you up for a long and fruitful game.