why do monkeys glitching??

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had this problem as well. My experience was nuketown and it happened over and over to everyone the entire game (25 rounds 3 of us with monkeys from firesale). Gave me atleast 3 downs from the glitch but the next game the monkeys were working fine.

If you watch the entire video you see his first monkey is near a lava crack, but not in it. It may have possibly bounced and "touched" the lava deactivating it (little puff of smoke comes out the top).

The second monkey is clearly not touching the lava crack. When he throws it, it does bounce near a lava crack but it hits the ground away from it which shouldn't count (still gives the puff of smoke though on the 2nd one, not sure if this is a natural thing).

3rd monkey looks like it went off but you can barely tell from a little flashing white light on the screen as he's taken dieing.

I've heard several others on playing random of people having monkey problems. This has been on Die Rise and all maps so I don't think its just a lava/green run situation.

When the game released monkey bombs rarely worked regardless of lava and instakill made the zombies seemingly immune to damage.

I used to save the clips of firing rpd into a crowd with instakill and having none die and similar stuff, but there are simply too many bugs and too little slots to bother saving game bugs.

Best practice when using monkey on Town (or any map featuring lava) is to throw them into buildings. In Town, throw into the bar or bank, on NTZ, throw into either house or the cargo container in the center, if you have removed the debris.

Generally, I try to avoid throwing monkeys on the open ground in these maps simply because they bounce and might end up in lava...better safe than sorry.