Free perk claymore strategy

With all of the Trample Steam talk, people may not have noticed that Claymores work too.

I posted this in some thread, but figured it could use its own.

Example: play on the dragon roof. Buy Claymores (duh). Drop claymores under the dragon ramp facing out so they don't get triggered.

When the jumping jerks arrive, set one down in the open, 180, drop another. Run around them if necessary. When they explode, grab 2 more. Repeat as necessary.

Note that having some face in in that corner is good for 2 reasons: 1. For jerks that attack as you pick more up and during regular rounds, if you are hurt, fall back onto claymores until safe enough.

Also, the ramp is decent for this: the jerks can't jump over or around you and so are forced into the claymores.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I use this all the time as well, but it's good to see that there's another slayer who also utilizes it! If you use the Trample Steams a good distance in front of the Claymores (considering that you placed them away from the protruding lasers to avoid a broken Trample Steam), then you're perfectly set to go. Otherwise, you can gather a large horde of 'em in the B23R room then place a Claymore.

But I'm glad you did some extensive information-gathering on this, friendo. :)

• Moderators

I agree.

I'm just gonna take this opportunity and say that you are quite a good member of this site.

You participate actively and you are friendly.

Just between you and me: If you keep this up I will unquestionably nominate you for the UOTM poll later this month.

But pshhhh...don't tell anyone. ;)

I agree.

I'm just gonna take this opportunity and say that you are quite a good member of this site.

You participate actively and you are friendly.

Just between you and me: If you keep this up I will unquestionably nominate you for the UOTM poll later this month.

But pshhhh...don't tell anyone. ;)

Wow, thanks. I just eat zombie info like this up and love to share it.

I found how easy it is to just sit behind your flinger in many places, turn and face a claymore away from you, behind you and you are good.

At launch, the jjerks killed so many of my games, now I worry about what free perks I'll get... Ha. I try to buy the ones that I want first.

Ya I use this too. I think one of the down sides with claymores is if 2-3 of those land on a claymore and even if one survives you wont get a perk.

So there is always a chance of missing which means NO PERK. With trample stream its a 100% death when they touch it.

Anyways claymores help when there is no trample around us.

Ya I use this too. I think one of the down sides with claymores is if 2-3 of those land on a claymore and even if one survives you wont get a perk.

So there is always a chance of missing which means NO PERK. With trample stream its a 100% death when they touch it.

Anyways claymores help when there is no trample around us.

Ah okay.

Exactly once I got no freebie. I wondered why.

Edit: funny bit: i decided to die at 60, got jumpers, so made 61 instead. I opened all doors (no chievo), just ran around in the zombie herds. Finally I was at the ak74u spot, i shot a zomb or two and so the purple juice was on the floor. The zombs came pouring out of the door by ak74u and just poured off of the building's side like a waterfall. So I jumped too... Ww brought me back so I could dd to my second death.

The zombie waterfall was cool on 61, so many zombies...