Population Counter, Marlton, and The Nuke

In regards to the Nuketown EE:

I have been reading a few posts, and decided to try some theories out. Let me start by saying that I had no intentions of trying to EE Hunt while playing this particular game, but we decided to try it after a while of killing.

Started to hunt after Round 25. As some of us know, after 25 we hear (what I assume to believe) the final transmission from Richtofen. and then something drastic happens. The eyes of the Zombies turn BLUE. Rounds 1-24, the eyes are orange (orange is the opposite on the color spectrum as blue, Samantha/Richtofen, oposite eternal struggle, you get the point).

Then at the end of round 25, my brother and I decided that if would be a good time to start hunting. We recalled from Blops 1, in the Multiplayer EE where you shot the heads off the Mannequins inside the map in under 15 seconds, you were rewarded with a Rolling Stones song. So we tried it. it was only until theatre mode that I realized we missed ONE mannequin, inside the power drop shed behind Yellow House.

So no leads there. We the proceeded to try a theory that PINNAZ brought to my attention via a separate Nuketown post; shooting the electrical power outlets throughout the houses. There are several through both houses, and ONE in the destroyed house at the back of the cul de sac. behind the trailer inside the left of the window, where Zombies jump out of. Still to no avail.

I also heard things of the light switches in the houses, and also a blue SD card shaped object in fuze boxes on either house. These SD cards and light switches are both seemingly just part of the buildings, cannot be interacted with, and "reset" after your bullet marks disappear. No Luck there.

The next step in our debacle was brought to our attention via the dinging of the Nuke Clock. This clock is tied to the Population counter. The Hand on the Nuke Clock moves after ever 33 kills. Along with the hand, the "Buyable" Power Drop cycles. It started this game on Nuke, then cycles every 33 kills, next to x2, then Insta Kill, along to Fire Sale, arriving at Max Ammo, back to Nuke. It was this cycle EVERY time throughout that game, verified in theatre.

Then we dove back into the Population Counter's symbols on the bottom of the sign. Most agree that the first is a Bicycle, located in the Yellow Garage. The next is agreed to be the Trinity symbol, or Treyarch symbol. there is a generator at the edge of the map, near the street sign reading Trinity Ave. It can be destroyed with a few bullets. Next, it what appears to be the Atomic symbol, and closely resembling that of Group 935's symbol, yet the hand is missing. But, this symbol also appears on the sides of the Population Counter's dials, as noted by GoStylz video (Sorry, the video is GONE from youtube).

Moving right along to the next symbol, which many confuse as the symbol on the Fallout Shelter. This is untrue, the next symbol seen is the Nuclear symbol, or the Radioactive symbol (I like to assume Nuclear, to coincide with the Nuke Power Drop). Lastly, we see the symbol for the Fallout Shelter, which we know by knifing the door, that Marlton is inside.

As for those who are predicated by timeline, what I stated above about Round 25 and the eyes turning blue, we can be almost safe in assuming that Nuketown takes place at the SAME time as Moon. Further backing these points, we have some of the same transmissions from Moon as were found on that map, where Richtofen talks about Samantha's time coming soon, and at Round 25, he says now he's going to kill us all, and the eyes turn blue. Many know that in previous games, whilst Samantha was in control, the eyes were orange. After Edward's soul enters the Vril Pyramid on Griffin Station, and Samantha's soul enters Richtofen's body, HE is in control, and the eyes turn blue.

Then the at the end of your game on Nuketown, there is a Missile, quite similar to that of one launched from the Moon base, that strikes. Furthermore giving vague evidence that Nuketown is the same time as Moon. I would also venture to say that Green Run isn't too far off since Marlton is inside the Bunker at Nuketown.. or i could be dead wrong, I'm not a Developer..

Now on to speculation as the the EE. I, as many others before me, think that it has something to do with the symbols. I do not know what, but think there is something to be done with the Bicycle, then blow up the Generator at Trinity Ave. I have NO idea about the Atomic/Group 935 symbol, buta small theory on the Nuclear symbol: Get the counter to "00" with a Nuke in the shed behind Yellow House, and hit the Nuke. Then go to the Fallout Shelter, and free Marlton.

BUUUUUT, as Treyarch did in Moon, I think this must be done within a SPECIFIC timeline. How would Marlton get to Green Run? Why, the Bus of course!! We hear the honking of the bus, (I have heard it at the end of round 5 and also round 6) and I believe that to be our timeline! Some may say, "It isn't possible by Round 6, thats absurd!" Well, many of us thought Pack-A-Punching before round 8 on Ascension was also extreme, but we've done it!

EDIT: We tried cycling the Power Drop to the Nuke exactly when the Population Counter was at 00 and the hand on the Nuke Clock was ALSO at 0, to no joy. BUT, that was at round 30, or 31.

Just thoughts, speculation, and diving deeper down the Rabbit Hole, trying to find all Treyarch has in store for us.. If any of us have more info on these things, please, add to the mix.. I'm simply trying to help all of us get a little further in our quest..

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

This is a very nice and detailed post. Keep these types of things up friendo. :)

But yes; you have the timeline correct. I'm not sure if you were regarding the Easter Egg as the timeframe (I don't own Nuketown - I wish I could actually see for myself). If that's the case, there isn't too much to explore besides the point of the Easter Egg being a time reference so we could be on the right path of discovering what era we are in (Moon and beyond). There could be a bit more to Nuketown than we imagine; but it seems that we're scrambling to find new discoveries.

Anyone notice that bunker is open when the game ends?

I did not notice this, but I'm assuming you verified via theatre mode?

I'll go back through tonight and have a look for myself, and try to give another go at getting the Power Drop at Nuke, Counter and Nuke Clock to zero before the Bus honks. I'll make sure to post any results.

Only more thoughts and theories added to party.. Lets keep digging and making progress!

Thoroughly enjoyed this post, but there's one question that popped into my head after reading. It's kind of rhetorical but maybe we can come up with ideas between us.

If Marlton were to somehow escape the bunker and depart on the Bus to Green Run at round 5/6 (when the Bus honks its horn) how would he survive the blast that happens at the end of Moon (and, I assume the end of Nuketown)? I think it might be more likely that the horn heard at round 5/6 is the bus ARRIVING at Nuketown, and it must leave sometime after the Bombs drop. Meaning that Marlton would be safe and sound from the blast in the bunker, and then goes on his jolly way, jumps on the Bus and off he goes.

Another big question is, where is the Bus, why is it heard but not seen?

Great post Trevbo!

Very well written & its clear to understand what steps you have taken.

Well done.

There's been thousands of threads posted regarding Easter Eggs - "Try this, try that" where the author has not been able to try their own ideas out, you on the other hand have written a detailed post stating everything that you have tried with each step along the way. This I like!

There's 2 ways to look at Mystery Hunts in Green Run & Nuketown, either they are that well hidden that no one can figure out the correct/first steps, or there just isn't anything more, which really disappoints me.

3 things why we play the Zombies game. Slaying Zomb*tches, figuring out the story & finding hidden meanings or intractable objects within the map. So far all we are able to do is Slay Zomb*tches.

Great job once again Trevbo, keep it up!

Anyone notice that bunker is open when the game ends?

I had tried to verify this via theatre mode, but to no success. Yet if you watch at the end of the game when the missile begins to strike, if you look to the top left of your screen, you can almost clearly see that the bunker door is indeed open.

So it somewhat further validates our theory that Marlton escapes after we die. Yet there are still a few theories like PINNAZ said, maybe we're just getting the first steps wrong..

I'm about to start the party, and try to expel all energies I have tonight through trying to figure out these EEs. Feel free to add me on XBL, my GamerTag is listed, just say you're from the forum.