Magazines In Green Run in the Town

Ravishing Panda

Was just messing around on Green Run looking for random things, found a display by the door (In Town) you need a turbine to open, and it has a few magazines in it.

One of them is Let's Sail. Another is Applied Science; one is Cross Word and another is Birder Monthley (that's how they are all spelled) And there is another magazine that appears to say Air Travel.

Also it appears that there is more words on the Applied science one but I cant make it out.

I didn't see a post on this.. but I also didn't spend too much time looking.

I thought someone could do something with it if they wanted. I know I've read a few speculations on sailing and whatnot, so I thought someone would enjoy this, maybe figure something out from it (if it even matters)

and now that the new map has a helicopter on it, well, you know.

Everything Below is thanks to PINNAZ. :)

Birder Monthley

TEXT - Top to Bottom

- Binoculors, Best or Worst

- Tell us what you have seen

- ???

In the movie 'The Big Year' & there's a scene (right at the start of the YouTube trailer below) in which they say "There's a Fallout"

Birder Fallout

http://www.birdingisfun.com/2012/05/fallout.html?m=1

Fallout! Just mention the word in the presence of a birder and you'll witness a palpable adrenaline rush.

Fallout occurs when migrating birds encounter weather conditions that cause them to temporarily land. Fallout can be small, with a few hundred birds pausing for a day, or it can be massive, with thousands of birds grounded for multiple days. Fallout offers birders the chance to see many species and large numbers of birds. It's not always good for the birds, as they need to seek shelter and food, and are delayed on their migration. Seeing small fallout is more common than seeing mega fallout, which is rare

This is probably only referencing a Nuclear Fallout considering the relation to 'The Green Run Project'

=========================

Applied Science

Picture looks like some type of coil?

- What Atomic ? ? ?

- What are ? ?

- ? ? ? XD LD?

Cross Word

- No Text, only letters in the background

Let's Sail

- No Text

Air Travel Quarterly

- 10 Best Vacation Locations

- Australia? (under the map)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked out Pine Gap, PINNAZ. Are there any towers? If not, it doesn't really matter. 2 of our DLCs should have nothing to do with powering towers at all, since there would only be three towers total. I most certainly want Australia as a map. Just imagine the monkeys from Ascension and Shangri-La, but as KOALAS!

Just imagine the monkeys from Ascension and Shangri-La, but as KOALAS!

Hahahaha!!! Koala's & Kangaroo's will kick your Ass!!!

Towers? It's a Communications Centre. It's got better than that. I don't think we will be using Towers again, maybe something similar like a computer? to power the Green Run Tower? I think there will be 4 different 'assets' we need to get 'online'

This is an informative read below

http://www.2012.com.au/Pine_Gap,other_bases.html

Click the "show" box to see more

The facility consists of a large computer complex with 14 radomes protecting antennas and has over 800 employees. It is believed to be one of the largest ECHELON ground stations.

Since 9 December 1966 when the Australian and United States governments signed the Pine Gap treaty, Pine Gap had grown from the original two antennas to about eighteen in 1999.

ground control and processing station for geosynchronous satellites engaged in signals intelligence collection, outlining four categories of signals collected:

- telemetry from advanced weapons development, such as ballistic missiles, used for arms control verification;

- signals from anti-missile and anti-aircraft radars;

- transmissions intended for communications satellites; and

- microwave emissions, such as long-distance telephone calls.

Since the end of the Cold War, the station has mainly been employed with intercepting and recording weapons and communications signals from countries in Asia, such as China and North Korea.

Sorry to go off topic

I think you just made my night with that. Now. Back on topic. Magizines. The covers TOTALLY point to Australia. I mean, there are BIRDS in Australia. And it's surrounded by ocean. And Australia is even on the cover of one of the magazines. The crossword one is irrelevant.... until you realize where they have crossword puzzles. That's right. AUSTRALIA! Now, if we tie this in to Team Fortress Two, which ties in because it is OBVIOUSLY another FPS game, we find the element AUSTRALIUM! THEREFORE because there are FOUR relevant magazines, plus the cross word, Australia will be the zombies map in DLC 4, will take place in Pine Gap, and will feature Activision and Valve reaching a deal so we play as none other than Saxton Hale from TF2 plus three other mysterious survivors. Australian survivors. Now, because everyone in Australia is a badass, you start the game out with permanent Jug. Just because they are that badass.

Mystery solved.

LMAO holy shit that would be the greatest map yet!! Here's a good idea for the "Boss" zombie:

The mother Kangaroo comes out of the ground and takes AGES to die then the Joey (That's what a baby kangaroo is called,right?) spawns where she dies and has even more health cuz of Treyarch Logic.

Relating back to Pine Gap, that would sound a lot like a zombie map name... I didn't click the link but is there any confirmation from where the name derived from?

Joey (That's what a baby kangaroo is called,right?)

Correct! You are now eligible for Australian Citizenship.

(Pine Gap) Is there any confirmation from where the name derived from?

It's just named after it's location.

Pine Gap is the commonly used name for a satellite tracking station at 23.799°S 133.737°E, some 18 kilometres (11 mi) south-west of the town of Alice Springs in the centre of Australia which is operated by both Australia and the United States. Since 1988 it has been officially called the Joint Defence Facility Pine Gap; previously, it was known as Joint Defence Space Research Facility.

We have gone so far off topic, but man I have been laughing at these comments! :lol:

Oh nonononononono. We are COMPLETELY on topic. We are theorizing about the magazines in the semtex room, saying they'll give us a Pine Gap map in DLC 4, and then we went on to talk about what would happen in said map. Totally on topic.

Anywho, I like the zombie Kangaroo boss idea, but I like the idea of a zombie Steve Irwin boss more.

Well, we already had George Romero, so why not? The catch is that he can only be defeated by the new wonder weapon. It shoots sting rays and turns zombie koalas into normal koalas like the VR-11. But with koalas.

Also, just for fun, the teddy bear on the mystery box locations shall be a stuffed koala bear.

Believe me, I want this as a legitimate map now. A lot.

ANYWHO ON A LEGITIMATELY SERIOUS NOTE:

Perhaps the magazines are showing us what forms of travel we will use in other maps.

How about an automated gondola in Venice, Italy?

Maybe the helicopter seen on the promotional poster for Die Rise?

I got nothing as for bird watching or cross word puzzles though.

Science refers to MORE TELEPORTERS! Imagine the Denizen Holes, but each one sends you to a definite place, as opposed to being random.