Mustang Sally vs the other weapons

Mr. Jay

Hi, I'm Jay, once a regular on the forum. Hopefully everyone's holiday season is the one to remember.

Back to the topic, mustang and sally vs the field. Many of you already know that M & S is one of the best weapons in all of zombies, normally ranked behind the Thunder Gun and the Wave Gun, perhaps as effective as the scavenger and/or the shrink ray. I'm making a case many of you already know, but here are evident findings in my recent research that you might find interesting.

On round 15, two shots of Mustang and Sally CAN clear a whole hoard of zombies, given your shot placements are good. Same hoard will demand 12-20 ray gun shots to clear. That same hoard will need about 60-100 Lamentations, or 80-140 AK-74U2s, given you line them up for headshots with decent accuracy. 6-10 M72 Anarchy, plus some room to run around as the reloading makes it hard to fire continuous shots. 15-20 Raids, or 12-20 upgraded snipers to clear that same hoard on 15. Keep in mind these are real game situations, not paper judgements.

On round 25 5-7 shots Mustang and Sally, often 8 can clear a path from 24 zombies. Ray Gun needed about 20-30, and 200+ of Lamentation. Almost all of the upgraded AK, and all of Raid barely kills the hoard, given ideal placement of the shots. Same hoard demands 15-20 M72 Anarchy, 30-40 upgraded snipers, or 8-10 winter's howl.

On 34, 12-15 Mustang and Sally, but about 60-80 Ray Guns. The best assault rifle in the game, Lamentation, needs almost all of the inventory to clear a whole hoard. A whole MP5K can kill a whopping 10-15 zombies, while the rocket launcher needs about 30-40 pops. Raids barely kills 10 with the entire inventory, and the upgraded snipers used 40-50 for a hoard. Again, these are actual gaming situations where shots are often less than perfect.

Mustang and Sally consistently does the best damage as the rounds progress. Only other weapon actually close is the Porter's 2X, with mustang and sally being over all better in gaming situations. The rocket launchers are actually not as bad as predicted, same hold true for snipers.

I've seen people trade out mustang and sally for assault rifles, and/or LMGs. Those are good weapons for earlier rounds, or for points. Mustang sally is by far the best weapon to yield, with ray run not too far behind.

Happy New Year guys.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Too often i find myself cornered when trying to train the zombies (honestly i'm not the greatest zombies player) and i have the mustang and sally out, this leaves me with two options

1. spray and pray with the m&s receiving tonnes of splash damage.

2. attempt to switch to my other weapon to avoid splash damage but increasing the odds of being downed.

I dont like either of these options. I personally prefer the ray gun as it can clear a path fairly quickly but doesnt deal any splash damage to me.

Too often i find myself cornered when trying to train the zombies (honestly i'm not the greatest zombies player) and i have the mustang and sally out, this leaves me with two options

1. spray and pray with the m&s receiving tonnes of splash damage.

2. attempt to switch to my other weapon to avoid splash damage but increasing the odds of being downed.

I dont like either of these options. I personally prefer the ray gun as it can clear a path fairly quickly but doesnt deal any splash damage to me.

The ray gun does deal splash damage to you. Getting trapped by a zombie and spraying the ray gun will get you downed almost as quickly as the mustang and sally.

Obviously the requirement for Mustang and Sally is that you have to have experience with it, particularly NML. Tom's quick tips has a great demonstration on how to deal with its splash damage. Basically three shots up close, or two shots plus a hit, or one shot plus two hits.

Mustang and sally is the best killing weapon aside from the one hit kill weapons, it is a fact. Good players want the best killing weapon, and learn to cope with its deficiencies. Mustang and sally is my primary killing weapon on Five and Der Riese, two maps without flopper. It is my running weapon on Ascension, COTD, and Moon.

My original intention of this post was to educate and influence, in the molds of my idols Superhands and Tom. I was hoping to share my love for the weapon, and what it is capable of. I have no intentions of arguing and defending my claims.

• 2 weeks later...