The JetGun-we're missing something.

CrazyTrain0917

I am just discussing the JetGun, I AM NOT eluding to any furthering of the EE with this discussion. Just so its clear.

I don't know if this has been discussed at length already but I wanted to make a few points here about the JetGun as I've been giving it another chance and playing around with it again.

One is that I've seen many people using it facing a horde. Notice how it pushes you into the horde? It would make more sense to keep the horde behind you and shoot it, which actually makes you run forward a bit faster let alone burning up the horde behind you and spitting some gibs out the vents. *The reason I bring this up is because I'm trying to think of creative ways to use it this way. Sucking something into it and spitting it out the other side.

The other thing I wanted to bring up is that people always say shooting the clock in the diner creates this electric effect. Yes it does. In fact if you shoot ANYTHING with a neon light in it, it creates this "electric" effect. Go up on the roof and shoot the diner sign. Go out front of the building and shoot the other signs. I didn't have time to try it but I'm curious if any other neon signs in the map react in the same or a different way. Such as the "moon" sign, "Bowling sign", "bar", etc...

My last thing about the Jet gun is actually a question for you all. When you overheat the gun and it blows apart, is there a pattern to where the pieces go? In my experience 2 pieces go in the area it exploded and the other 2 go back to the shack and Nacht. I'm thinking if you are in the fog it would return all the pieces to their original areas. (not sure though)

I didn't like this gun at all the first few times I tried it. I caught on that it overheats and that it only recharges when you have it out right away but I didn't find it practical, and even a little dangerous to use so I stopped building it. Lately I have started building it again and have actually come up with a few strategies that work and allow me to utilize it and recharge it without risking certain death. It's actually a cool dynamic. Not the best wonder weapon by any means, but interesting. It's half ass effectiveness though is what leads me to believe it is used in other ways (aside from the one step we know in the EE) I think it can be utilized to be much more effective if used properly. Anyway, interested in any thoughts as usual. Have a great day everyone!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am usually using it on the stairs in the bar or the farm, its very hard for the zombies to attack you from the side because it's too tight. If you overheat the jet gun it breaks apart but you can immediately take the parts from the ground and build it again but after 1 - 2 minutes the parts will disappear (they also disappear if they land in lava). When they disappear they always spawn at their normal spots. But this "shooting the jet gun forwards" strategy sounds interesting... can you confirm that the zombies behind you will die because of the heat the jet gun produces?

I can't confirm in way of video or picture but if you use it regularly just give it a try. It definitely kills as many if not more plus propels you forward a bit.

Think facing outwards looking out of the top of the bar and the horde is coming up the stairs for you, no fire it and walk off the side, it'll propel you forward out of danger but will also fry the horde behind you as you float down.

I tested it at the diner personally. I thought, that's weird it's pulling toward the horde.. almost like I'm holding this thing backwards. Then I tried it and sure enough it destroyed the horde behind me and spit some gibs out the side vents. lol

Fun

There's got to be something more to this gun, its the most tedious thing in the game to build and it overheats so fast if you're using it without any turbines around. I thought it was kinda cool that you can float for a bit and that it gives you extra propulsion but it doesn't have enough killing power or any other use to make me think that we know its true value yet.

Hey guys, if you want a really effective way to use the Jet Gun I saw in this video (where he was on round 100) that he's able to use it constantly by switching to it and switching back to another weapon.

Here's the link (skip to around 2:45 for his jet gun method):

(It's not the best quality, I think he was just recording his screen with a camera?)

Edit: Oh a warning, he posts a "picture" just before that, might give you a little scare haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09wtQzheR4Y

I hope it helps guys!

Side note:

This was probably the best thing BirdDog Dan posted, he mentioned CrowdControl Zombies so I started looking for them and came across this video. From what I've seen of their videos, they don't have anything related to the easter egg as he suggested. Just high rounds.

- Wallaby