The Diner Streetlight and the Bus Depot Streetlight

remusVB

What I want to point out is very simple:

WHY is it that every streetlight in Green Run can be turned into a portal by luring a Denizen under it EXCEPT for the streetlights at the Bus Depot and the Diner?

I've tried luring a Denizen to these streetlights, but I will always go down before I can get there. Usually, I have Juggernog active and I get a head-start so the Denizen only scratches me 1-2 times before going down. Even without Juggernog, it takes more than that to down a player.

Therefore, I believe the game is DESIGNED so that a player CAN'T turn these streetlights into portals.

My question is, WHY?

Other than not being in the fog, what makes these streetlights different than the other streetlights in the game? Why will the game automatically down you if you try to lure a Denizen to one of them?

NOTE: I know the current focus of Easter Egg-hunting players right now are the portals, their purpose, and what they represent. This post is independent of all of that. I just want to confirm and discuss why the game will not allow you to use these two streetlights in the same way as the other streetlights in Green Run? Maybe it's as simple as the developers don't want to afford the players a portal "escape route" from these two fog-less areas. Or maybe there's another reason...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want to point out is very simple:

WHY is it that every streetlight in Green Run can be turned into a portal by luring a Denizen under it EXCEPT for the streetlights at the Bus Depot and the Diner?

I've tried luring a Denizen to these streetlights, but I will always go down before I can get there. Usually, I have Juggernog active and I get a head-start so the Denizen only scratches me 1-2 times before going down. Even without Juggernog, it takes more than that to down a player.

Therefore, I believe the game is DESIGNED so that a player CAN'T turn these streetlights into portals.

My question is, WHY?

Other than not being in the fog, what makes these streetlights different than the other streetlights in the game? Why will the game automatically down you if you try to lure a Denizen to one of them?

NOTE: I know the current focus of Easter Egg-hunting players right now are the portals, their purpose, and what they represent. This post is independent of all of that. I just want to confirm and discuss why the game will not allow you to use these two streetlights in the same way as the other streetlights in Green Run? Maybe it's as simple as the developers don't want to afford the players a portal "escape route" from these two fog-less areas. Or maybe there's another reason...

U can make them into portals. Just wait at the edge of the fog, let a denizen get on your face. Run towards the lamp while knifing it. If u don't knife it, it will kill you. If u have a standard knife, it's 5 hits. Bowie Knife if 3 hits. GKnuckles is 2 hits. So if u are doing it with the normal knife, sit at the edge of the fog, run towards the lamp post while knifing it and it will jump off of you and go to the lamp post. Hope this helped.

Fair enough, although I've tried leading a Denizen to each lamp twice. Both times I died only after a second or two of the Denizen being on me (even with Jug). I could of sworn this was the case, but if you all say that it can and has been done, let this thread die.