Cabin in the Woods - skulls for warmth, hatchet for...

GRILL

hey all, I was looking for a thread with photos of inside the cabin and all I could find was: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=26190 so I took it upon myself to make a thread with photos.

If you read the thread above, they have pretty much discussed that the skulls in the cabin are similar to primates and probably are Denizen skulls. I totally agree with this, and wanted to expand on the topic while discussing some other details about the cabin:

There must be over 30 skulls in this cabin. Whoever was living in the cabin had been living there well after the incident that caused the outbreak. It looks as if they were living off of the Denizens, which begs the question - does Denizen taste like chicken?

As you can see, the denizen head versus the denizen bare skull looks to be a pretty decent match. UPDATE: the top jaw line in proportion to the nose looks quite long on the skull, in contrast to the actual Denizen face. I'm actually kind of curious now... (thanks also to Living Dead for the pics)

As discussed in the thread included above, these skulls could simply just be re-used textures from BO. However, this may be due to the engine overhaul, I find the TranZit skulls much smoother looking.

This fire place is stoked! ... literally! Unless there is a lava pit conveniently located directly under the fire place - someone has been using Denizen skulls for warmth, recently enough that the fire is still going. We're not talking coals here people, this fire is going. I wonder why he stopped using wood? The hatchet is, after all, right out front wedged in a tree stump.

Who do you think was living here? Are they still around? Why would they live so close to the power plant?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting post. I think all that can safely be said is that someone was living there in between the missiles and Green Run and that they are Denizen skulls.

Thanks MMX. Question though - Denizens explode after killing them, leaving behind no corpse, or skull - right? i suppose canonically its the only skull that makes sense, but gameplay says otherwise IMO.