Black Ops 2 Title Update: Less Fog?

JMDogg

Hi all, I received Black Ops 2's latest title update today and like always, went straight into Zombies. After I played my first game of TranZit - and died not too far into it - I went into theater mode to try to find where I went wrong.

After realizing it was a simple mistake of not checking my back, I went into free cam mode and flew around the map. But what really struck out to me was the fog. I played TranZit the night before the update and the fog was as thick as ever, but, after the update, the fog seemed to have lightened up. I could finally see what was in front of me, and saw plenty of things I haven't seen before.

So my question: did the latest update drop off the density of the fog? Or was it just my eyes playing tricks on me?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure. I didn't know perma-perks were lost each update as well.

I'll have to have a look. Was the fog less dense in just theatre mode, or overall play?

I don't think the Fast Revive "Perma" perk goes away though, I've had it ever since i got it way before the update.

I could of just earned it back, but if i did it didn't notify me with a glowing orb or a character message.

I have though lost my headshot perk.

Hi all, I received Black Ops 2's latest title update today and like always, went straight into Zombies. After I played my first game of TranZit - and died not too far into it - I went into theater mode to try to find where I went wrong.

After realizing it was a simple mistake of not checking my back, I went into free cam mode and flew around the map. But what really struck out to me was the fog. I played TranZit the night before the update and the fog was as thick as ever, but, after the update, the fog seemed to have lightened up. I could finally see what was in front of me, and saw plenty of things I haven't seen before.

So my question: did the latest update drop off the density of the fog? Or was it just my eyes playing tricks on me?

thats just your eyes...the update had nothing to do with zombies

http://www.examiner.com/article/call-of ... ystation-3

just multiplayer weapons and tweaks

It was less dense in both theater mode and normal gameplay. I noticed the gameplay part on my second game.

And I read the update notes because I was curious(damn good update btw) and just figured it was something under the hood, not necessarily something made public.

Well think it through, the draw distance is terrible because the mappers of tranzit knew it'd be pointless to draw things x distance away with all the fog that SHOULD BE THERE, so why not save a little performance so the game itself can have a higher frame rate and just minimize the draw distance?

Seems like a sane assumption to me.