Our part in sculpting Tranzit...

deathb4di2h0nor

Good evening CoDz.

I've been noticing a lot of complaint threads that are talking about how bad Tranzit is. This is all fine and dandy, but I think it is time to look back at some of the threads that made this map possible. We as a community are quick to say that a certain aspect of zombies is something we mentioned, so why all the complaints? We made Tranzit, and quite honestly, I'm proud of it.

Through out this thread I will be linking everyone to posts made prior to the game's release, and explaining how they made an impact on Tranzit. This thread is not meant to single anyone out, but give credit to those who helped sculpt this mode that I have grown to love. Thank you to all who were involved.

Our Part In Sculpting Tranzit

The Atmosphere: The fog has got to be at the top of most people's con list, but before the game came out, everyone wanted zombies to be more of a scary game. I remember reading how the maps on Black Ops were straying away from the scariness of the WaW maps. Treyarch then responds with the easter egg at the end of Moon. Destroying the earth left them with a blank slate, and gives them a chance to go back to the dark and spooky atmosphere we all loved. The lack of visibility in the fog adds a real since of urgency when traveling on foot in the middle of the round.

For this point, I won't be linking anything specifically, because I know we have all said these things before.

The Buildables: This aspect 100% came from us. Some people may complain that it is too tedious of a map because of this. I argue that it offers a great array of strategy and options. This exact idea was formed on CoDz by a member we all know. Undead XP. He made a thread labeled Build-a-Trap, and most of the community ate it up. We loved it. So many options for gameplay and strategies that we had no choice but to love it. Treyarch directly implemented his idea with a few additions (power, turbine, jet-gun). I was hoping they read that thread and evidently, they did.

http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=20723

Double Pap/Attachment Machine: This idea was brought up by many users on this site. Treyarch may not have added exactly what we were talking about when it comes to Double PaP, but they mixed another idea brought up on this forum, Attachment Machine. The only thread I know of that I can reference for the attachment machine is my own, and again, it's not what I had in mind. The Double PaP was mentioned all over the forum but I know the best reference for this.

Attachment Machine: http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=20774

PaP Bloodline: http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=18954

Double PaP: http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=105&t=21706

Traveling between Survival Maps: Granted, when this was proposed, the majority of us were talking about maps that were already released. Never-the-less, this is what we asked for. Tranzit is composed of more than one survival map that can be played individually, as well as in the form of a giant map. Another idea tossed around was a smaller map similar to Nacht. Treyarch delivers Bus Depot. This is another one of those things that was tossed around the forum so I am unable to link proof.

A Separate Group in the Same Story: This is yet another idea that was tossed around so it is difficult to pinpoint one thread. I remember it being said numerous times that we wanted a steady, separate crew (unlike FIVE and COTD) that continued along our path of destruction. This would broaden our story-line and allow for more truths to be uncovered. Now I hear how people don't like the new crew and want the old ones back. Don't get me wrong, I want them back also, but as I said before...This only helps the story.

Camping Areas: Before Black Ops, there were plenty of people who still liked to hold down an area till death. Upon Black Ops' release, we began to see a decline in areas that were able to be held down. It seemed as though you train, run, or die. There was an uproar on the forum with people complaining about this. Tranzit offers quite a few different options for camping. Nacht der Untoten, the buildings in town, and cabin in the woods to name a few. Sorry about the lack of links for this one as well.

I'm sure I will think of more and I would love it if you guys could help expand on this. As I said, this was not to single out anyone, but merely to open the eyes of the pessimists. Treyarch delivered on so many levels I mean look at zombies as a whole on this game:

Join Session in progress: http://callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=22684

We even predicted or implemented this!

We wanted more zombies, and what do they give us? A whole world! We wanted game modes, and what did they give us? Grief, and who's to say that is all. Give Treyarch a break, I'm proud of them. I'm proud of us and I hate seeing everyone putting THEMSELVES down by hating on the map. We made it.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Amen brother. I joined the fight late compared to alot of you guys. I didnt really discover zombies until acension. But ive been hooked ever since and have been on here for awhile. Like you pointed out there are many aspects of Tranzit and Zombies in general that seem to have come from here...which is awesome 8-) .

Also the Tunnel makes for the perfect combo of training and camping. As you can easily run two seperate trains and have the other two camping @ M16. Or One big train and 3 camping, or whatever floats your boat...or should i say bus :P

The tunnel is arguabley the largest area ever for training. Only the biodome rivals it in size, and has fewer emergency routes. Theres some issues concerning execution of these new ideas but tranzit really ramps up strategy and team work. I do feel solo for tranzit might be a little bit of a tipping on the scale, but high rounds are doable, and you just need a little luck.

Excellent observation.

With the success of BO1, they must have felt they got everything they could out of it. Coming into BO2, they must have felt their top priority was to reach out to new fans, which was the reason behind the new mode transit.

Also in order to please the hardcore players, they added the grief, as well as other minor twitches to the game in the fashion that was discussed here. I would say overall BO2 in their minds was a major success, as they brilliantly maximized both.

Do hardcore zombie players like BO2?? Not sure but I know almost all of them bought the new game. I also know a lot still play the old game because it is still better.

treyarch knows that they are successful because of the their community whether it be campaign, multiplayer or even zombies. The fact that treyarch added what a lot of people wanted (granted it everything wasn't EXACTLY like what we said but who cares). at least treyarch can listen to their community and that's why their my 'better' cod developers. shitfinity ward needs to take notes on how to listen to a community