Chaos Mode (game type idea)

This probably won't be in the game, I just love coming up with these :D

Chaos in MW3

Anyways, I assume you guys have played Chaos mode in MW3. If you haven't, I highly recommend it. It honestly got me playing MW3 again... for a few days anyways. Basically, an endless swarm of enemies is coming at you and you have to survive as long as possible. Sounds familiar, but this swarm is RELENTLESS. Like, you are literally surrounded from all sides and HUNDREDS of enemies are coming at you. Throw in some dogs, suicide bombers, and of course juggernauts, and you've got, well, chaos. Basically, the goal is to keep a running combo (which can be added to by killing enemies, picking up new weapons, etc.) If this combo is broken and the timer is at 0, it's game over.

Chaos in Zombies

Now how can we implement zombies into this? Pretty easily, actually. With the new engine we know that up to 48 zombies can spawn in at one time - how's that for a relentless swarm? You spawn into a map with M1911, which you must keep the whole time (I didn't make this up, this is in MW3 chaos mode too, but with a USP). The whole map is opened up and zombies start spawning immediately. Their health and behavior is that of about round 15 zombies, but this wave is endless.

All wall weapons are available for free, and picking one up will add to your combo. However, you can't refill ammo, so when you run out you're gonna have to grab a new weapon. The combo can be added to by killing zombies, getting new weapons, getting powerups, and reviving teammates, and in a multiplayer game, the combo is shared by the whole team.

Perks

In MW3 chaos, you get perks as your combo goes up. The same goes for zombies:

10 combo - Speed Cola

20 combo - Staminup

30 combo - PhD Flopper

40 combo - Deadshot Daquiri

50 combo - Double Tap Root Beer

60 combo - Quick Revive

70 combo - Juggernog

If the combo ends, and time is still on the clock, the game will continue, but all perks will be lost. Perks are maintained even when going down, and there is also no bleeding out.

Powerups

Zombies can drop powerups, some are the same as in regular zombies, however some are also different.

Insta-kill - same effect

Max Ammo - same effect

Death Machine - same effect

Bonus Points - same effect - points aren't used for anything in-game, they're just for leaderboard purposes

Nuke - same effect, but also acts as a temporary combo freeze to compensate for killing all the zombies

Extra Time - will add 60 seconds to the clock

Multiplier - will increase the combo by 10

Pack-a-Punch - will PaP all players' current weapons (excluding M1911)

Weapons

In this mode, there would be no mystery box. However, zombies would, on occasion, drop weapons that can normally be obtained from the box in power-up form (much like the QED would). These can be any weapon available from the box on that map, including wonder weapons and tactical grenades. Sometimes they're even Pack-a-Punched!

The Challenge

Now I know what you're thinking - "Dunbar, this doesn't sound that hard. Free weapons, zombies' health don't increase, no losing perks when down... What's the deal?" Well, first off, remember that there are A LOT of zombies, and they never slow down. But, if you can fight that off, then there's this: much like how in MW3 chaos, they'll send alternate enemies after you, so it will be in zombies. Hellhounds and nova crawlers would be the start, but then they'll start sending in screechers, napalm zombies, and zombies you've never seen before: juggernaut zombies who move slower, but have much higher health. I don't have many ideas about any more special zombies right now, but this is all really off the top of my head anyways.

Anyways, if you read all that, then thank you so much. I really didn't mean to write that much, I just kinda get into these things... But yeah, that's my idea. What do you think?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this idea is great, everything here would be able to be implemented fairly. Although, a M1911 would not work well against a round 15 zombie, it would be better if rounds 1 to 15 went by very quickly so you would have time to grab suitable weapons. I would give brains if I could, I'll take a mental note for when they return. ;)

I think this idea is great, everything here would be able to be implemented fairly. Although, a M1911 would not work well against a round 15 zombie, it would be better if rounds 1 to 15 went by very quickly so you would have time to grab suitable weapons. I would give brains if I could, I'll take a mental note for when they return. ;)

Yeah, the M1911 would really just work the same as the USP in MW3 chaos: when your ammo in your primary runs out, its just a way to get hit markers to prevent your combo from dying until you get another weapon. It won't be a problem to start with it, as wall weapons are free so you can get another weapon immediately.

Oh, and thanks for the verbal brains :)

I like your idea. A LOT. The only thing is that they should take more kills to get perks. You could get like 1200 points from killing ten zombies with an mp40 for example. Why should that automatically give you speed cola? The max one (juggernog) should be like 100-150 kills. The minimum should be at least 30, and the perks need to progress based on usefulness. How 'bout...

double tap: 30 kills

Stamin-up: 50 kills

Deadshot daiquiri: 75 kills

Phd flopper: 100

Speed cola: 125

Mule kick: 150

Quick revive: 175 kills

juggernog: 200

I mean really. Running a crude train, how hard can it really be to get 70 kills against level 10 zombies? Or maybe therecan be... Dare I say it? DIFFICULTY SETTINGS!

Well, about the perks: remember that the difficulty of this is gonna escalate quickly. Killing 70 zombies in an endless swarm, trying to keep a combo therefore eliminating the possibility of running a train, without Juggernog, CAN be difficult. It works this way in MW3 Chaos as well, you'll usually get all your perks before the extreme challenges kick in. Also, I put Speed Cola first because Sleight of Hand is the first perk you get in MW3 Chaos, which makes a lot of sense. If you're trying to kill enemies quickly to keep up your combo, then doing this without Speed Cola is just painful.

Also, remember that there's no need for Mule Kick: you can only have one weapon and your M1911.