Zombies Multiplayer Modes (predictions and wish-list)

Hey all, it's been a while. I've been too distracted by real-world things to get on the forum in a while. But, it's good to be back, I'm psyched for Black Ops 2 zombies, and here are some of my thoughts for these new 8-player modes they've announced!

4-Player Classic: The same zombies experience we've come to know in World at War and Black Ops. Treyarch has confirmed that this mode will be returning.

8-Player Survival: Much like the classic mode, but with an eight-player team rather than four. I'm not entirely sure if this will be supported, or if all 8-player modes will be 4v4.

Team Survival: Treyarch has confirmed the existence of this mode, but not all of the details. Two teams of four, who cannot hurt each other, spawn in to the map and must try to outlast each other. It plays like a classic game of 4-player zombies, except that there are two teams competing. Power-ups will only affect the team of the person who grabbed it, so players will be racing for those, as well as trying to have control over the mystery box and the best training/camping spots. First team to have all members down at once loses.

Free-for-All Survival: Like Team Survival, but instead, it's every man for himself. Once you go down, you will die instantly (there would be no point of having last stand, because no one's there to revive you). Last man standing wins.

Team Deathmatch: A zombie twist on the multiplayer classic. Two teams of four spawn in to the map. All doors are open, there are 15 minutes on the clock, and zombies start with Round 5 health and get gradually stronger as the game progresses. Players start with an M1911 and 2500 points. All the resources from Survival mode (perks, weapons, box, PaP, etc) are at your disposal. If a player goes down and someone else from their team cannot revive them, they are out for the rest of the game. Whichever team can kill the most zombies by the end of the time limit wins.

Team Pointmatch: Plays exactly like Team Deathmatch, except the winning team is the one whose members have the most points saved at the end of the game. This is for the players who save up their points.

Gun Game: A free-for-all gametype. Like in the multiplayer variant, there are twenty guns which the players must cycle through to win. However, they cannot hurt each other. To progress to the next weapon, players must kill 5 zombies with their current weapon. If they are killed by zombies (or if they kill themselves) they are demoted to the previous weapon. Perks, wall weapons, box, PaP, etc. are unavailable.

Sharpshooter: A free-for-all gametype. Much like the multiplayer variant, all players get the same random weapon every 45 seconds, are competing for points, and get bonuses for killstreaks. For every 10 kills (up to 30) in one life, you will get any random Perk-a-Cola (excluding Juggernog, Quick Revive, and Mule Kick). Once you get 40 kills, your fourth perk slot will be filled with the Double Points emblem, and you will have double points the rest of your current life. Once you get 50 kills, your weapon will be Pack-a-Punched. When zombies kill you, you will spawn back in, your perks will be lost, and your killstreak will restart. Player with the most points at the end wins.

And those are my thoughts. Feel free to share your opinions along with any multiplayer zombie variants you would like to see! :D

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read through these, they seem like they are actual game types that they will include. The rules are very simple, the idea is fun, and things are practically already in place ofr it to work as far as I can see. I want to know how they will handle leveling up in zombies. Whats the point of multiplayer in CoD if you can't level up?

I like it. Although I hope we can do something to "hold off" areas in 4v4. If we cant harm each other there is nothing to do to stop someone from a different team wandering over to you and using the box. I think we should be able to hurt the other players, but I think their health against player weapons should be extremely buffed. So that it would not be easy to kill another player.

They could make it where the first team to use the box are the only ones who can use it for a certain amount of time before the other team is alloweed to use it. That way there is incentive in those game modes to get the box, as well as the fairness of the other team not just killing you willy nilly while you wait for you weapon.

The reason I feel like players shouldn't be able to hurt each other is because I want it to feel like Zombies mode with multiplayer thrown in, not multiplayer with zombies thrown in. The players who excel in these modes should be the better zombie players, not the better multiplayer players. It should still feel like zombies, just more competitive. Competing for the box, racing for power ups... That would all be part of the insanity! In my opinion, a zombies mode where you could hurt other players would just be another boring TDM variant.

I want to know how they will handle leveling up in zombies. Whats the point of multiplayer in CoD if you can't level up?

I thought about this too, but am ashamed to admit that I couldn't think of any proper way to do it. I mean, the leveling up itself would be quite simple, just some XP for every kill, challenge, etc. They wouldn't have to change a thing. The problem is, the rewards obtained from leveling up.

I can't really think of anything that can be unlocked from leveling up, besides possibly titles and emblems (and probably not even those, seeing as those are more the property of the Modern Warfare games). If a level up system is implemented, it would probably just be for bragging rights. Otherwise, the multiplayer zombie modes would be simply fun, like zombies is now.

I want to know how they will handle leveling up in zombies. Whats the point of multiplayer in CoD if you can't level up?

I thought about this too, but am ashamed to admit that I couldn't think of any proper way to do it. I mean, the leveling up itself would be quite simple, just some XP for every kill, challenge, etc. They wouldn't have to change a thing. The problem is, the rewards obtained from leveling up.

I can't really think of anything that can be unlocked from leveling up, besides possibly titles and emblems (and probably not even those, seeing as those are more the property of the Modern Warfare games). If a level up system is implemented, it would probably just be for bragging rights. Otherwise, the multiplayer zombie modes would be simply fun, like zombies is now.

You could unlock players for the new game modes, maybe a Kennedy or a SMG. Perhaps as you rank up you unlock custom loadouts for use in the new game modes or even something as trivial as an extra mag when you spawn in classic mode. Who knows the check is blank and 3Arc are some smart cats. I have faith.