Ascension after the events of Blops II zombies?

Ascension. 1963.

They traveled to Ascension seeking the Gersch Device (and possibly for the Casimir Mechanism itself). After arriving, they discover Gersch's situation and learn of the Casimir Mechanism located within the Russian facility. Richtofen already knew how the device worked by studying Dutch physicist Hendrik Casimir and he hoped to use it to travel to Aether and dethrone Samantha.

After freeing Gersch from Aether, Richtofen and the crew head forward in time from 1963 to 2011-2012 Call of the Dead. But how?

Well the Gersch Device of course....oh I mean, the Pocket Teleporter

Dempsey (Moon) - “My own personal pocket teleporter, sweet!” - gersch device. Treyarch has taken the time time to make the connection on Moon that a Gersch Device is a "Pocket Teleporter". They are trying to give us the order like Tac said. This is the whole reason we went to Ascension. For a Pocket Teleporter.

Call of the Dead. March 2011.

They arrive at Call of the Dead, but Richtofen's calculations are a bit off, and they end up going too far into the future and end up locked in a closet. While Richtofen does not intend for this to happen, it does work to his advantage as the gang will not recognize their surroundings. After the celebrities retrieve the Golden Rod, they teleport via the teleporter inside the closet. Note that they DO NOT time travel. They head to Shangri La for the Focusing Stone.

Shangri La. After CotD, 2011.

They arrive at Shangri La immediately after Call of the Dead, and they fight off the undead. They eventually complete the Easter Egg, retrieve the Focusing Stone. And again teleport to another location, Area 51, and then to Griffin Station.

Moon. After Shangri La, 2011, possibly 2012.

How they teleport to Area 51 is still unclear. We know a Gersch Device is a one time use only machine, so the Pocket Teleporter is out of the question. Two options:: We use the temple itself to teleport. We know it can be used to time travel, so what about teleporting? Another option: We travel BACK to Ascension via the Lunar Lander to retrieve another Gersch Device. While there, he puts his space suit back on to prepare for his trip to Griffin Station and Aether.

[tab][/tab]They arrive at Area 51, and discover the base is under attack. They use the teleporter at Area 51 to travel to Griffin Station. Richtofen succeeds with his grand scheme, and takes Sam's place in Aether.

There's still ALOT left out of this. Just a quick summary.

Tac, I feel a revisit to our Storyline thread coming REAL soon. ;)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem i have with your theory is why would they go to Ascension to get a pocket teleporter when they had big teleporters at Kino Der Toten.

The teleporter at Kino seem to only have worked when they fired the DG-2 within it, which as Richtofen mentioned was incapacitated after doing so (In terms of time travel). So Richtofen takes the group to where he believed a teleporter that knew might allow them to time travel would be.

The only problem i have with your theory is why would they go to Ascension to get a pocket teleporter when they had big teleporters at Kino Der Toten.

I'm now starting to believe the Gersch Device might be reusable based on one of Richtofen's quotes from Moon:

“The Gersch Device, simply, deadly,and comes complete with batteries

This might suggest that the Gersch Device is reusable? Possibly. But if not, it's not like Richtofen could have carried multiple Gersch Devices with him on his journey. We can do it in the game, so I'm sure he could. Either way, it would solve the question of how they got to Area 51 at the start of the map.

It'd be safe to assume they would have only have gone to Ascension for two reasons, for the Gersch Device or the Casimir Mechanism. And Richtofen's quotes make it appear he was unaware of the Casimir Mechanism being there.

"This Casimir Mechanism sounds intriguing!"

"Casimir? Could this be related to Hendricks’s work?"

However, when you get the Gersch Device out of the box in Ascension, he already knows what it is.

"The Gersch Device!"

"Nothing is better than a personal black hole."

It's because he knew it was there and what it could do. He knew he would need it to continue with his plan.

• Administrators

This might suggest that the Gersch Device is reusable? Possibly. But if not, it's not like Richtofen could have carried multiple Gersch Devices with him on his journey. We can do it in the game, so I'm sure he could. Either way, it would solve the question of how they got to Area 51 at the start of the map.

I've been thinking that perhaps they actually got to Area 51 via the temple, as we know it has teleportation abilities, otherwise he would not have gotten there via Moon back in 1940. However, I think that it is possibly based on preference seeing as all we know is that we arrive into Area 51 via teleportation.