Storm PSR

I hope everyone has seen the E3 gameplay and the new sniper (Storm PSR).

Well it turns out that the rumors are true - there will be a sniper that lets you see through walls, shoot through heavy cover and destroy killstreaks with "1" shot.

Anyway you can see through walls and shoot through them, should be quite good for Objective Modes but bad for campers. Also I think it can see through an unlimited amout of walls.

Discuss.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it can it wont for long, you know Treyarch, their greatest strength is listening to the fans but it's their greatest weakness as we really shouldn't be the ones telling them how to make it - look at what we've accomplished :D Grenades are weaker than sniper bullets, people take a clip to die etc.

If this really can do all these things then give it a month and an update will remove its powers :P

What we've seen of it so far is it's use in the campaign. When we think about the Storm PSR in multiplayer, you have to take into account that Vahn and the team will heavily re-arrange the way the gun works to balance it with multiplayer. We don't know for sure how many walls or how thick the cover we can shoot through can be, but I reckon it'd be really, really handy to flush out campers. I mean, i'd kill for this gun to get rid of the guys who camp in the middle section on Resistance.

The main downside I see is having to charge it up to fire through really thick surfaces. It takes time. If you're just stood there, ADS, waiting for the gun to charge up, then you're completely defenseless. You've got next to no peripheral vision, and no means of attacking an oncoming threat within good time unless you drop your weapon and switch to your side-arm, making you have to re-charge up again. I think this is what they're gunna focus on mainly in terms of balancing it. It's definitely a slow paced weapon. We're not gunna able to do any run n gunning with this sniper, that's not it's purpose.

When this gun is in multiplayer I really hope it can only see still targets through walls. It would be able to get people camping and capping objectives, but it wouldn't be overpowered. I only hope it doesn't turn into people aiming at a Domination flag through a building waiting for people to get to it.

I already remember hearing a while back that the attachment allowing you to see through walls was in fact a killstreak, so it's not something that would be readily available to you all the time. That could be their balance maybe?

I also just read that when you charge it like that, it consumes more ammo. So if you fully charge it to level 5, it uses 5 bullets in one shot.