My hope for the new map

The new map. The topic that dominated the forum in the last few weeks.

Hi, I'm Jay, one of the regulars on the forum. I'm bored with the 8 player engine and dissecting the clues given from the posters and videos. But I would like to discuss my hopes for the new map.

All maps are similar but they are really different. I love the difficulty of maps like Five and Verruckt. Both stress some team work and cooperation unless you are world's best. I can sense within ten rounds if the randoms I'm playing with are selfish or keepers. I prefer playing with unselfish guys who are willing to cooperate, over guys who think you are invisible, even if we only survive to round 15.

Maps like Ascension, Kino, and Moon are great solo maps, but I hate them play with others. I understand the appeal with those big maps with awesome weapons. The people who play them usually run by themselves, rage quit when they lose their safety weapon. I have yet to come across any solid players I would like to friend on those maps. They might be out there, but they are harder to find than non nagging wives.

I caught a glimpse of the wunder weapon ideas and honestly enjoy most of them, but hope none happens. Great weapons in co-op will unevenly give advantage to box huggers, eventually lead to rage quit. I hope a simple ray gun type for everyone is the ceiling, or lesser weapons like winters howl or wunderwaffle. Solo masters will hate me for my comments but I only play co-op.

In conclusion, I'm hoping for a verruckt or five type map. I hate the idea of playing for three hours to a failure. I want maps to be hard that reaching round 25 is an achievement, not a failure. But I understand most people don't want what I want, and majority will always win.

On a separate note.

Jay's complaints part 2

Playing online when someone goes down, the safest thing is to cease fire. Reviving becomes a piece of cake when you reach max spawn. On maps like Ascension and Der Riese, hold for another minute until the revived teammate get jug. Many many games people keep shooting while someone goes for jug, goes down again because of the location of jug. Good players pay attention to detail, losers never learn from mistakes.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends and I will do that if we know there will be difficulty in getting to juggernaught. I like the idea of a wonder weapon like the Vr-11 in that it is for support but don't like the weapon itself in that I hate its guts. If I get the ballistic knife early on a map with PaP I'll stick with it for most of the game and revive people over and over usually ending up with 50+ revives. My friends hate it and call it the ball-sucks-tic knife. I love playing with selfish randoms though. Makes it hilarious when they go down and beg you to revive them because they

A. have a ray gun dude

B. I'm going to lose my PaP weapon

C. I've got the *map specific wonder weapon here*

or D. going to lose my points

Stay funny selfish randoms. I'll just keep half reviving you and running away.

I'm really hoping for a map with a legit power weapon & traps like the good old maps. I get you on the whole thing of these kinds of power weapons causing selfish behaviour when playing with randoms, and they all go off all over the map and start going down... but I guess I kinda like that. I go into random games looking for bad players so I can go on a constant revival mission, or screw with them when the ask newbie questions. This is about a million times as fun when you have a friend + 2 randoms in the lobby :D But yeah, for proper high round attempts I'll grab just one friend like Tom, and we'll work together to get to the point where I complain that I'm gonna fall asleep from boredom.

Maps like Ascension, Kino, and Moon are great solo maps, but I hate them play with others. I understand the appeal with those big maps with awesome weapons. The people who play them usually run by themselves, rage quit when they lose their safety weapon. I have yet to come across any solid players I would like to friend on those maps. They might be out there, but they are harder to find than non nagging wives.

I caught a glimpse of the wunder weapon ideas and honestly enjoy most of them, but hope none happens. Great weapons in co-op will unevenly give advantage to box huggers, eventually lead to rage quit. I hope a simple ray gun type for everyone is the ceiling, or lesser weapons like winters howl or wunderwaffle. Solo masters will hate me for my comments but I only play co-op.

In conclusion, I'm hoping for a verruckt or five type map. I hate the idea of playing for three hours to a failure. I want maps to be hard that reaching round 25 is an achievement, not a failure. But I understand most people don't want what I want, and majority will always win.

On a separate note.

Jay's complaints part 2

Playing online when someone goes down, the safest thing is to cease fire. Reviving becomes a piece of cake when you reach max spawn. On maps like Ascension and Der Riese, hold for another minute until the revived teammate get jug. Many many games people keep shooting while someone goes for jug, goes down again because of the location of jug. Good players pay attention to detail, losers never learn from mistakes.

Well Jay, as for ascension and moon and call of the dead, almost every player I've met on those maps know that its Phd Flopper and mustang and sally that are the safety weapons. Reason being for that is I believe by now most people know that there is only 1 thundergun or wave gun in the box and don't put their entire faith into getting it. If you go into a co-op game and all your teammates are saying is "I want wave gun/thunder gun" you should more than likely already know what you've gotten yourself into. As for raging when you lose your safety weapon...If I accidentally put mustang and sally into the box or trade it for a wall gun, I always tell my teammates I'm going down and not to come revive me. I can always get a raygun back from the box but fact of the matter is it's not gonna save your life if you're trapped.

For your great weapons and box hugger argument I'll again use mustang and sally as the example. Any good player that has made it to a high round know that mustang and sally are the real great weapons because everyone can have them. The special box weapons are normally just best for 2 player strategies, and again if you have teammates quitting because "I haz no T-gun so I diez" then it's probably for the best that they leave. Also it is rare that box huggers get the best guns because it normally comes down to raw luck, honestly I've never gotten the wave gun on moon in co-op and I play it so often it's not even funny. I have a buddy that almost always gets it on his first box hit (I kid you not). And i've seen people spend 5 hits in a row greeding the box while the rest of the team is there and when someone else finally gets to use it they get the good gun.

Finally if you're a real co-op lover then co-op type strategy based maps should be your thing. I can give you no better example for this than CoTD with the VR-11 strategy. Also for the revive thing yes, I always tell teammates to ceasefire when someone goes down makes the whole thing a world easier. Most good players who even have a clue how zombies works knows this.