What if Kino had been released on W@W?

What do you think would be different if Kino Der Toten had been released on World At War Map Pack 4?

I'm talking about differences in the story-line theories that we made (since we would've known of the time travel aspect of the history earlier and made some crazy stories before Black Ops came out) and gameplay aspects of the map (what would be in the map and what wouldn't).

I personally think that there wouldn't have been a game over song, just like Moon, since Ascension would probably not have been made yet. I also think that the automatic turrets would not make an appearance

Leave your creative responses below about your thoughts on this and what you personally think would have changed with your theories, if you were in the forum back in W@W times, and what would've changed between the old and new maps.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it would have changed the story in any way. Gameplay would have been very different, aminly due to the fact that there would have been WaW guns on the maps, and possibly no Thundergun, replaced instead by the Waffle. All speculation of course.

But could you imagine doing loops with the PaP'ed Waffle and PaP'ed PPSh? :o

I don't think it would have changed the story in any way. Gameplay would have been very different, aminly due to the fact that there would have been WaW guns on the maps, and possibly no Thundergun, replaced instead by the Waffle. All speculation of course.

But could you imagine doing loops with the PaP'ed Waffle and PaP'ed PPSh? :o

But who knows, maybe the nova gas crawlers would have been made from some other kind of gas or just don't exist at all. Since Nova 6 was introduced in BO maybe the crawlers would have only appeared in Five and Moon and not Kino.

And what would the Wii get as their map on BO? Maybe the secret recording easter egg (Wii exclusive) on the stage would never exist, or it would've been added to all the consoles.

Plus, the theories about how the Thundergun got to Kino would be nonexistent.

PPSH-41 and the DG-2 on Kino would be so overpowered.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

The NOVA 6 crawlers were hinted at in Der Riese, in the teleporter. If you go 3 rows down, and to the last column, you can see a zombie of some sort on all fours, just like a crawler.

I think that the Thundergun would not have made an appearance, and it would have been replaced with the DG-2, which is how it should have been since that is what they teleported with and he mentions it in the quotes I believe. It would have added a layer of mystery to the map as we immediately knew that they had time-traveled to the future due to the radio on Shi No Numa, but if they hadn't had that in the World at War version we all would have believed that it was just right after Der Riese and been blown away when we later heard the radio.

• 2 weeks later...

I think they would've been no Thundergun, and there would be nova crawlers but without the gas explosion. Gameplay i think would be quite similar, apart from the weapons and graphics ofcourse. If this was going to be map pack 4, i think der riese and kino would switch because with moon were left with alot of suspense and don't really know much, however if Kino was the last map on WaW it wouldn't really finish with a bang if you know what i mean? So i think if it was included Der riese wouldn't have as much info and suspense and i think Kino would uncover alot more than Der Riese would've. Meaning that Der Riese would just be a simple map like Ascension and Kino would be this big Explosive uncover lots of secrets main map like Moon.

Because it would be abit silly having all this suspense and questions and curiosity in Der Riese for them to be answered about 1 month later in another map? Wouldn't really end the game with a bang like Moon.

• 3 weeks later...

The time-travel aspect might have been completely unrelated to Kino's storyline. Think about it: in WaW, all the maps take place in the same era as the game (World War II). Clearly the developers intended the same thing with Black Ops, at least at first: Kino, Five, and Ascension all take place during the 60's. After Ascension they let the zombies storyline go off from the time setting of the main game, but it's clear that at first they intended to keep all the zombie maps in the same time period as the rest of the game as they did in WaW. With time travel not being a part of Kino's storyline, who knows how different the rest of the storyline might be?

• 2 weeks later...

The Wunderwaffe DG-2 would have been in the map insted of the Thundergun most likly as there are cut qoutes for the Wunderwaffe, and I then if Kino was on WaW they would not have traveld to the future and there for the Wunderwaffe would have not overpowered its self and the teleporter making it able to use.

Edit: I have added proof incase any one wants a qoute of this.

http://youtu.be/MgL1EbLo8MQ?t=17m25s