All Wonder Weapons cut from CotD. Switcher Machine?

Hey all! One of cjdog23's sound videos was posted in another thread which I decided to play the whole thing through. The title of it 'Etc. CotD Sounds' is as it suggests, other sounds in Call of the Dead. What I found is...well check it out! 8-)

0hUm-p-DXSQ

Go to 15:42 to hear the sounds. Here is what it says.

vox_pa_switcher_activate_0 = "Activated"

vox_pa_switcher_deactivate_0 = "Deactivated"

vox_pa_switcher_locked_0 = "Weapon Unavailable. Awaiting Authorization"

vox_pa_switcher_max_0 = "Error. Max ??? Up To Weapons Reach. Sounds like 'Alarmin' but can't be sure.

vox_pa_switcher_weapon_0 = "V-R11" He says 'Vee Are One One' instead of 'Vee Are Eleven'

vox_pa_switcher_weapon_1 = "Scavenger"

vox_pa_switcher_weapon_2 = "Wunderwaffe DG-2"

vox_pa_switcher_weapon_3 = "Gersch Device"

vox_pa_switcher_weapon_4 = "Winters Howl"

vox_pa_switcher_weapon_5 = "Thundergun"

vox_pa_switcher_weapon_6 = "Matroyshka Doll"

vox_pa_switcher_weapon_7 = "Monkey Bomb"

The guys voice is rustic, metallic and robotic. Seems definitely like a pre-made recording, supported by the fact it has 'PA' in the code, meaning it comes out over a speaker.

It seems we were going to get a 'Switcher' machine, judging from the code. This Switcher must have contained all the Wonder Weapons up to that point. You would turn it on and off I assume, judging by the 'Activate' and 'Deactivate' quotes.

The name suggests it wasn't going to be a normal machine were you could buy it though, so I'm unsure whether the weapon you grab would act like a normal weapon, or the Death Machine/CotD DG-2 where you can't switch it, etc. Though I don't see how this would work with the grenades.

Perhaps this was going to replace the EE? The "Weapon Unavailable. Awaiting Authorization" seems to mean they remain locked at first, than become unlocked (maybe altogether, maybe one by one) as something is accomplished.

Seems like this was the 'Wonder Weapon Mystery Box' everyone had been asking for, but one you could actually control! But it looks like it was scrapped early on, as I don't see it fitting at all into the current CotD we have now. Probably before the current Easter Egg was created, maybe even before George was made too.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought that it was a custom turret of somekind.

You could place any gun in the switcher & it would go to town until the ammo was gone.

Actually I think that would be pretty awesome, it could be a use for unwanted box weapons like sniper rifles & Launchers.

Good finds Rissole25.

Regards Alpha.

• 1 month later...

I know this is very far fetched, but what if it was the Avenged Sevenfold's easter egg. Remember in one of the trailers they said there was the Avenged Sevenfold symbol on the map somewhere. Maybe when you find it you can activate it and then ignitiate this turret of some sort.

Like I said, very far fetched. But with 3ARC, anything can happen.

I always thought that it was a custom turret of somekind.

You could place any gun in the switcher & it would go to town until the ammo was gone.

Actually I think that would be pretty awesome, it could be a use for unwanted box weapons like sniper rifles & Launchers.

Good finds Rissole25.

Regards Alpha.

This is an awesome idea. Nice find Rissole.

• Administrators

I can totally see this as an option. Treyarch has some sweet ideas that I really wish they'd implement more often, but like they said at CoD XP, sometimes that can't happen :( :(