Samantha as a playable character

Samantha is the heart and soul (literally) of Zombies. She is ALWAYS going to be a part of the Nazi Zombie story.

You're not going to play in Samantha's body (initially), but certainly you will at one point or another play AS Samantha.

The game will most likely include 2 new initial starter maps as it did with Blacks Ops I, one will be a further continuation (progression) of the Nazi Zombie storyline (as Kino was) and this will most likely offer further evidence and explanation of the events that occurred after the Moon incident. Then there'll be another non-linear map (as Five was) that'll include another group of characters, maybe a group that includes this girl in the poster, that'll connect to the story further on down the road!

There's no way they wouldn't further elaborate what happens after Richtofen takes control of the power seat. Easter Eggs like that don't just pop out of existence, they ALWAYS affect the story just like all the collected Eggs did on moon. What happened on Moon will effect all maps from here-on out, especially the Samantha/Richtofen and earth in a blaze scenario.

Believe it.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a wild theory no one really talks about Samantha's mother maybe Maxis knowing Samantha was trapped in in the pyramid before he got shot planned to either have a back up body at his house or even his wife's body for his daughter Samantha to use and a device to transport her soul

Samantha is the heart and soul (literally) of Zombies. She is ALWAYS going to be a part of the Nazi Zombie story.

You're not going to play in Samantha's body (initially), but certainly you will at one point or another play AS Samantha.

The game will most likely include 2 new initial starter maps as it did with Blacks Ops I, one will be a further continuation (progression) of the Nazi Zombie storyline (as Kino was) and this will most likely offer further evidence and explanation of the events that occurred after the Moon incident. Then there'll be another non-linear map (as Five was) that'll include another group of characters, maybe a group that includes this girl in the poster, that'll connect to the story further on down the road!

I love the idea of a starter map that happens further on down the story involving the double sided poster woman, with the DLC eventually filling in the gap.

I also love playing as Sam - with the exception perhaps of her quotes on crack. When their bodies switched, that was truly an "oh sh*t" moment for me - and I can't say any other games have delivered such a juicy cliffhanger.

Quick Question: Can you imagine using Samantha as a playable character? There are rumors that in Black Ops 2 she will replace Richtofen. Personally I can't rap my head around playing as Samantha. Would you want to use her?

"BUT I WANT MY BODY BACK! AND I WILL DESTROY THAT EVIL RICHTOFEN FOR TAKING DADDY AWAY!" - Samantha, in Moon, after completing the Big Bang Theory.

So in response to OP, the above quote from Sam demonstrates that indeed there are no "rumors" surrounding Sam's appearance as a playable character, for rumors can be false. It is indeed true, and yes I look forward to it - just so long as there are no quotes along the lines of "They Don't call me SMG for nothing".