My Wonder Weapon idea: DubForce v6.2

My idea for a wonder weapon is an electronic arm that you wear. It's called the DubForce v6.2 (working name). This arm has three features. Primarily it fires a sonic wave out of a energy ring on the plam that blows the zombies' heads off similar to the Screamer from Shangri-La, this primary fire can be held and the longer it's held the more ammo it drains. The blast spread would be very wide and would have the range of a shotgun. Secondary fire is a gravity blast similar to the Thundergun but this one doesn't kill the zombies, it just throws them back in order to get space or clear the area briefly. The shot width would be small but the range would be extremely long.

The ammo in the weapon gets regenerated when the player recieves kills from any weapon other than the DubForce v6.2. Instead of a shot counter like most weapons it would feature an ammo bar like the flamethrower from W@W. It would require 50 kills to fill the gun from empty to full. Full ammo is equal to 30 seconds worth of held primary wave attack. A secondary attack requires 1/4 of full ammo, so it can be used anytime as long as the player has the ammo filled above 1/4. It would only be obtainable through the box

The PaP'd version would be called the Facemelter v1.0. The PaP'd version would feature a larger amount of ammo, zombies hit with the primary sonic attack will have their faces melted off before dying.

It's relation to the story is that it was used by 935 scientists to keep zombies under control and protect themselves in the event of a breakout. The way that you get ammo is similar to the technology that the M.P.D. uses in Moon. When a player gets a kill the zombies soul will fly out of the corpse and into the DFv6.2 while making an erie screaming sound. The names also have signifigance in it's relation. the numbers in v6.2 mean that the weapon has gon through several stages in order to get where it's at and that it was frequently used and updated. The v1.0 in the FM means that you're using the first PaP'd version and that 935 never advanced the weapon that far and you finalized/updated the weapon whereas the couldn't.

It actual look would be a prototype sort of look. The weapon wouldn't completely cover the arm and would spark randomly. On the palm there would be a glowing ring similar to the thing Iron Man has on the palm on his suit. On the top of the hand there would be wires coming from the tips of the fingers down to a chip on the center of the top of the hand. On the actual forearm there would be metal plates coming from the bottom of the wrist to the elbow, one on the top of the forearm, one under and one on each side with wires connecting them all.

In terms of sound the primary fire would make a sound similar to a dubstep wobble. Here's an example of a dubstep wobble: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJflY9VkqYQ. Skip to 1:53 to hear the wobble. The secondary fire would make the Thundergun sound. Pretty bland sound but it works and makes sense.

Animations for the weapon would be like this: When the weapon is out and not being used the player's hand will be on screen with the palm facing the player. The primary and secondary fire would have the player simply reach their hand out with the plam facing the target and push their hand forward.

I spent a lot of time on this idea and i'm aware there's lots of room for improvement. Any ideas on improvements would be appricated. I'll also be updating this as I and others think of new features/improvements. Thanks! :D

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The further they stray from what can be at least explained in some scientific fashion the more rediculous the game gets. This "idea" is ummm not fitting into zombies, perhaps final fantasy or something :/ Stupid things like the "wave gun" and QED are already stretching it.

Good weapon design = wunderwaffe, thundergun, winters howl, monkey bomb.

They all work off REAL effects, electricty arcs and can be projected, air can form a vortex ring and blow things over, gas can be vented to create a cooling effect, sound & movement may well attract zombies.

Crappy weapon design = wave gun, QED, VR11, what you just said.

What the hell is the wave gun anyways, a decompression antigravity gun. Theres already no pressure on the moon and antigravity projected into something WTF.

Yep people will say "its zombies nothings real" but when you just start messing with physics creating physically impossible and completely untangible happenings, things with no link to reality, it becomes harder and harder to immerse yourself in the game.

I would agree, i liked it better when weapons had to do with nazi experiementation and actual real world weapons that could be used. The more believable zombies is, as just 4 guys, a russian, a nazi, an american and a man from japan, (all with guns fighting for their lives in a WW2 type setting fighting the NAZI zombies) sorry for the digression, but thats what makes the game great the setting, the maps, the bosses, the story, AND the guns! thats why the maps before shangri - la feel better. The bottom line is that you have to make guns that feel like they have a place

The further they stray from what can be at least explained in some scientific fashion the more rediculous the game gets. This "idea" is ummm not fitting into zombies, perhaps final fantasy or something :/ Stupid things like the "wave gun" and QED are already stretching it.

Good weapon design = wunderwaffe, thundergun, winters howl, monkey bomb.

They all work off REAL effects, electricty arcs and can be projected, air can form a vortex ring and blow things over, gas can be vented to create a cooling effect, sound & movement may well attract zombies.

Crappy weapon design = wave gun, QED, VR11, what you just said.

What the hell is the wave gun anyways, a decompression antigravity gun. Theres already no pressure on the moon and antigravity projected into something WTF.

Yep people will say "its zombies nothings real" but when you just start messing with physics creating physically impossible and completely untangible happenings, things with no link to reality, it becomes harder and harder to immerse yourself in the game.

I can see how the time stop feature could be deemed "unreasonable" however the other two features are absolutely reasonable and are realistic. The primary attack is a sonic sound pulse that when outputs enough energy, can easily kill a zombie. The secondary attack is basically the Thundergun attack that simply pushes zombie away rather than killing them. Like I said originally the idea is not perfect and needs improvment. I appreciate the critisism because that's why I post here, so I can get other people's opinions.

I would agree, i liked it better when weapons had to do with nazi experiementation and actual real world weapons that could be used. The more believable zombies is, as just 4 guys, a russian, a nazi, an american and a man from japan, (all with guns fighting for their lives in a WW2 type setting fighting the NAZI zombies) sorry for the digression, but thats what makes the game great the setting, the maps, the bosses, the story, AND the guns! thats why the maps before shangri - la feel better. The bottom line is that you have to make guns that feel like they have a place

The weapon is a Nazi prototype. I've edited the idea and removed the time stop feature.