iOS Ascension Findings

Rissole25

Just like my Kino one, I've done a findings thread for iOS Ascension. While no big changes map wise, there are some interesting things you should know.

The first thing you'll notice is you'll come down on the lunar lander just like it's console counterpart.

As usual, the centrifuge lies ahead of you. Major difference now is, Gersch does not greet you.

They have got the scientist zombies pretty right. All in all, the map is pretty much identical to the console one, unlike iOS Kino.

The teddy locations are in the same location.

The rocket rises up like always when the power turns on. Funny thing is though, when the reticule is put over it, it'll turn red like it's an enemy. Obvious hint that it can be destroyed

Once destroyed, the Double Points power-up is at the bottom like before.

The Cassimir Mechanism, but it does not work, as there is no easter egg sadly. I even tried throwing a Gersch for the first step, but there is nothing there.

The Gersch Device. Was very surprised this one was in. It's vertical when it's in the box however, and the pull is VERY weak, as if they far away. The pull does not get faster either as they get closer. Not to be used as a killing machine, and if it is, throw it directly into th group.

Matryoshka Dolls. They are look like eggs now, and do not have a Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo or Richtofen doll in them.

The perks, Stamin-Up and PhD Flopper. Stamin-Up is very useful I find, whereas PhD is not needed in the iOS. You can't flop, and perks from it are explosive and fall damage negated. Mustang is a poor weapon to use in iOS, so I do not recommend getting PhD.

The Lunar Landers work like normal, but you can't just run to it and activate. You must be facing the control panel for the option to appear.

Space Monkeys in iOS! They work the same way, although I think they go for you more than perks. The cannot throw grenades straight back at you, only a small distance towards you. It's a huge advantage, so you can use Matryoshka Dolls if you wanted. Random Perk Bottle sometimes doesn't appear.

Death Machine acts the same, but with the rapid fire glitch, it can be fatal picking it up.

Where Mule Kick should be. Funny how there is a green light.

The Mystery Box light. Looks like a massive lazer, but it appears dark from far away.

The centrifuge. It spins about 3 seconds after it stops beeping. When beeping, the Russian announcer comes over the speaker and says:

"Warning. Centrifuge malfunction. Please follow all posted safety regulations".

The Sparky batteries. It was thought they were apart of the easter egg.

I don't actually remember those stairs being there. It's where the rocket is before it goes up.

Don't remember that sign being their either, but I'm probably wrong. It's seen around the map a couple of times.

The Sickle works exactly the same.

A clock. Opposite the Richtofen matryoshka doll. I think it's meant to be 11:59, however it technically says 12:59, but I'm sure that's a mistake.

Fire Sale on the TV still occurs. It's funny because they use the images from the console TV's on them, so it's pretty funny.

The Thundergun. It seems to vapourize them, or turn them into mist. I believe it is something major, and not just a graphical limit because they couldn't be blown away.

The monkeys also turn into a mist thing as well. Click for here for the Thundergun thread!

Now this is other part I find major.

The Richtofen doll is in the correct place. Takeo's doll however, has taken Nikolai's spot! Next to Speed Cola.

His original location is gone. The shelves are not there. Tank's doll is not next to the Claymores either. I have scoured the map and have not found Tank or Nikolai's dolls.

So where are the missing Matryoshka Dolls?

The rocket missile thing crashed through can be walked up to, and around, seeing as no debris is stopping it. Zombies can get there as well though.

The fencing is now actually a solid fence, only there.

Ran into a major glitch haha. Called the lander over to the Casimir Mechanism area. Immediately acted like it was there and I had activated it, taken me up into the air. The invisible 'lander' took me straight out of the map, and set me down. Didn't get to explore much as I fell down into the area behind the lander at the Casimir Mechanism. Had to down myself.

What you get when it ends, but only if you haven't rated it.

Zombies jump up and down the ledges like their console selves.

Square tires anyone?

You can no longer jump down from the ledge as it has been blocked. It rules it out as a training location.

The mural is still there in all it's unknowing-ess.

I guess that's it for now. Not as much stuff as the Kino one, but still 2 relevant findings; Characters Matryoshka Dolls, and the Thundergun vaporizing (not really Ascension specific as it appears in Kino as well).

Anyway I'll post if I find the missing Tank or Nikolai dolls, or if I find anything else!

Thundergun has been proven not to be a change, just a graphical solution. Ignore it.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright guys, here are the rest of the pictures.

The rocket missile thing crashed through can be walked up to, and around, seeing as no debris is stopping it. Zombies can get there as well though.

The fencing is now actually a solid fence, only there.

Tank Dempsey's doll location. He's not there though. I've done a quick search again, found nothing. So after this I'll play a game and devote it to finding the missing dolls!

The monkeys also turn into a mist thing as well. Click for here for the Thundergun thread!

Ran into a major glitch haha. Called the lander over to the Casimir Mechanism area. Immediately acted like it was there and I had activated it, taken me up into the air. The invisible 'lander' took me straight out of the map, and set me down. Didn't get to explore much as I fell down into the area behind the lander at the Casimir Mechanism. Had to down myself.

What you get when it ends, but only if you haven't rated it.

Zombies jump up and down the ledges like their console selves.

Square tires anyone?

You can no longer jump down from the ledge as it has been blocked. It rules it out as a training location.

The mural is still there in all it's unknowing-ess.

I guess that's it for now. Not as much stuff as the Kino one, but still 2 relevant findings; Characters Matryoshka Dolls, and the Thundergun vaporizing (not really Ascension specific as it appears in Kino as well).

Anyway I'll post if I find the missing Tank or Nikolai dolls, or if I find anything else!

I really wish there were more to the missing dolls, but my guess is that it was just laziness. I could check the game files through iFile and see if those dolls are there in the game, even if they can't actually be encountered, they might still be in there. Or is that cheating easter egg hunting-wise?