COD points in BO2 zombies!?

Zaptn.

I have just finished playing a game on ascension on the Ios (Ipod/iphone/ipad etc) I only got to round 10 :lol: however i found that you can buy things with CoD points.

On the IOS for playing games you earn CoD points, like in black ops multiplayer. Im pretty sure on Kino they didn't do anything but on ascension you can buy guns and perks as far as i know, don't know about doors. I bought juggernaught twice with my CoD points and only have 100 left now :lol:

The way it works is, if your infront of say a juggernaught machine and you only have 500 points, a green box will come up saying slide to buy with cod points ____(how ever many you've got) and then when you slide the little currency icon along you purchase whatever and the money is deducted from your cod points. It costs the same in cod points as normal points, for example jug is 2500 cp packapunch 500 etc

So i was wondering. Would this be included in the BO2 zombies? I like COD points in both zombies and multiplayer, if they made it so you couldnt buy perks with them in multiplayer they would be fine. Maybe there will be things in the maps that can only be bought with cod points and not the actual players points. What do you think?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for putting some pictures on :D . How do cod points work though? I thought you got them from playing games but i read that with ascension you got a free 5000 (which i did). Do you have to buy them with £'s/$'s or get them from playing games?

Either way if cod points are in BO2 zombies i think there should just be things 'exclusively' to cod points (things which you can only buy with them). The ability to get all perks without even spending any of your points is just ridiculous. However it does come in handy when you've got no points :lol:

Thanks for putting some pictures on :D . How do cod points work though? I thought you got them from playing games but i read that with ascension you got a free 5000 (which i did). Do you have to buy them with £'s/$'s or get them from playing games?

Everyone got a free gift of 5000 points with the update, but I'm not sure if it applies to people who buy it after the update. Every successive day you play, you gain 100 CoD points, or something like that.

But the main way you get them is to use real money to get the points. But I don't think there would be anyone stupid enough to buy/need the points.

Either way if cod points are in BO2 zombies i think there should just be things 'exclusively' to cod points (things which you can only buy with them). The ability to get all perks without even spending any of your points is just ridiculous. However it does come in handy when you've got no points :lol:

I think CoD points will be in the next game, but it'll be just like Black Ops. Where you earn CoD points by playing, than spend it on upgrades. I don't see how it could work with buyable points as well.

Perhaps points may be a function of Elite, which I'm betting will be in it. Whether it effects zombies though...

I suppose it could come in handy when you have points, but really, I would only see beginners using it. Anyone who plays zombies long enough should successfully be able to gather points and survive. Knowing how to circle/train already means you don't need them.

At first buying a Quick Revive when you died I thought was pretty cool. However I now realize it makes Quick Revive redundant, and you don't ever need it. Why buy it when you can just buy it when you die? Why not use it for another perk? Really bad if they implement that.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum. I think using them like Rissole said was a good idea, not for upgrades but for costume customization, zombie skins, quote packs, paints, even new maps to unlock. Giving a unfair advantage sounds like something a crappy iPod game would do (I just realized that zombies is on iPod, XD)