~Inception~ (Discussion thread)

Undead

I agree, but I think someone else should write it.

If I did it, it would seem, choppy, sudden, and awkward.

Just to start it off though. In situations like this, everyone should get a turn for their character.

(everyone's online when my iPod runs out of battery...)

Well I did mine. Not sure whether Undead and Rissole will do theirs, as well as ZOTD, and Shoreyo

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its 'Shor ee o' like oreo :]

Nice post Rissole bringing in the powerups! Just to clarify, I was a bit too complicated on Voice :) This is directed at everyone, not you Rissole - I loved your bit on it :D

Alex's mind is split into two personalities, one of which is Voice, the other Alex, they're independent of eachother, Voice can't physically control him, hes an incarnation of sin, he can only tempt, threaten or influence Alex, so its all down to how strong Alex's willpower is. Its like frodo and the ring :D Victor suggested they work together, but Alex should keep a strong will lest he is tempted into Voice's desires as he has before, i.e the guard he enjoyed killing! Thats effectively Voice controlling him, as a sinful nature controls evil people, that was the idea I wanted.

But in the end its Tankeo's character, he decides if Voice can't physically control him or not! Victor can be wrong on things! He did say he didn't know how strong Voice was or his powers...

And hellhound with Ji's observations,

I studied Victor carefully. He was a well built and young looking man, with fluent English. His eyes though, they were old. They spoke of legends, of long lost tales, of cities that rose and fell. They drew you in, those swirling depths of knowledge that had seen so much.....

are you implying something between them? :D

Its 'Shor ee o' like oreo :]

Nice post Rissole bringing in the powerups! Just to clarify, I was a bit too complicated on Voice :) This is directed at everyone, not you Rissole - I loved your bit on it :D

Alex's mind is split into two personalities, one of which is Voice, the other Alex, they're independent of eachother, Voice can't physically control him, hes an incarnation of sin, he can only tempt, threaten or influence Alex, so its all down to how strong Alex's willpower is. Its like frodo and the ring :D Victor suggested they work together, but Alex should keep a strong will lest he is tempted into Voice's desires as he has before, i.e the guard he enjoyed killing! Thats effectively Voice controlling him, as a sinful nature controls evil people, that was the idea I wanted.

But in the end its Tankeo's character, he decides if Voice can't physically control him or not! Victor can be wrong on things! He did say he didn't know how strong Voice was or his powers...

And hellhound with Ji's observations,

I studied Victor carefully. He was a well built and young looking man, with fluent English. His eyes though, they were old. They spoke of legends, of long lost tales, of cities that rose and fell. They drew you in, those swirling depths of knowledge that had seen so much.....

are you implying something between them? :D

Well...............let's see where the story takes us :lol:

I doubt there will (relation)shipping, but if it adds a bit of drama and you guys really want to go there.......

I'm glad to see so much discussion and activity, folks! Usually, I'd push these kind of things along, but right now, I'm barely keeping up haha.

I've been a little busy lately, college semester coming to an end and all. But I will try to add more tonight.

Also, I just wanted to point out a couple of things:

-By travelling 935 had no one to stop them and destroyed the world/were overran by zombies which destroyed the world/any generic apocalypse plot, this is basically an excuse for a motivation for the characters, stop 935 or at least prevent this future by travelling back.

I think once our characters start to learn more about just what is going on and what they are involved it, this would basically be their fundamental purpose. However, like we have clarified amongst ourselves earlier on, we CANNOT tamper with the original storyline. So, just for an epic "season finale" (lol) It should be a pretty suspenseful, intense and kinda unfortunate ending for our characters I'd say. ;)

Secondly, having little "pokes" and "jabs" hinting towards the original game play elements such as power ups and perks is fine, but like I said before, we aren't actually going to add those in. So, just to clarify, at no point do I wish to see one of our characters randomly picking up a glowing green floating skull or something. This more story-movie driven, not gameplay. ;)

Keep up the good work fellas!

Edit: I should have read the actual RP thread first. It's fine you did that Rissole, but just for future reference, we just won't come across them how we would in the game necessarily. But it's fine, we'll kinda just bump over that bit. ;)

Also, killer post, Shoreyo. ;)

-By travelling 935 had no one to stop them and destroyed the world/were overran by zombies which destroyed the world/any generic apocalypse plot, this is basically an excuse for a motivation for the characters, stop 935 or at least prevent this future by travelling back.

I think once our characters start to learn more about just what is going on and what they are involved it, this would basically be their fundamental purpose. However, like we have clarified amongst ourselves earlier on, we CANNOT tamper with the original storyline. So, just for an epic "season finale" (lol) It should be a pretty suspenseful, intense and kinda unfortunate ending for our characters I'd say. ;)

This was actually my idea all along :D I wanted the future fear plot to be a background note, hints and info would be slotted among the main quest, but nothiing more, then it would become the main plot say, in the 3rd/4th season (how are we going to differentiate these 'seasons' you mentioned by the way? :D) Think of it like the horcruxes in Harry Potter, they're present and referenced all throughout, although not named, but only become the plot focus at the 6th book's end!

Well...............let's see where the story takes us

It was a great idea, Alex mistrusts Victor, Andrew sees him as some kind of mentor/guide, it makes sense we should have more contrasting emotions in the group :D Maybe he'll start to feel the same way, maybe that will force him out of being apathetic and he might well join the group... maybe :D

Haha the "season" bit was more of a figure of speech, the finales ALWAYS leave you wanting more right then when a season ends in TV series haha. :D

Also, I just wanted to point out a quick note as far as my character note. So far, everyone has captured Kasady's attitude and character fairly well, however, she's definitely not as open and trusting. So not that I didn't like your entry, Shoreyo, but Kasady would be a lot more "WTF?" than "It's cool" so quickly, ya know? :P

But again, just a note. No biggie.

Haha oh man, it can't be a "series" without some love drama too, can it? :P

But I think the Demonic Announcer should still have a presence.

And don't worry about that, I've got something up my sleeve that will happen here fairly quick that I think will work out well as far as including more of the normal zombies touch to things here. ;)

I like how you guys managed to work Der Riese and Nacht into this so far. and Tankeo. I honestly am not surprised one bit by your RP character, knowing you :D

I may have to join in, next time you guys make an RP. It looks like fun. ;)

Keep up the great work guys, I think I found my new reading material :D

I like how you guys managed to work Der Riese and Nacht into this so far. and Tankeo. I honestly am not surprised one bit by your RP character, knowing you :D

Wait, what?

Also, just send your profile to Undead and we can work you in. There's only two dudes on this team! :lol:

Talking about relationships, Alex likes Tia I'm guessing Tankeo?

8-)

Hey, Undead, can I change Dempsey's age to 19? Shiuldn't hurtbthe story too much, and I kinda just realized how old everyone else is.

Nice post tankeo, very dark :] I was just wondering aloud to you all about Max, I'm not sure if Ehjookayted is still in this or if anyone else is joining like Afro, when I was writing I was going to have Victor say something like:

"I'll see you six again soon."

"Six? we're only five"

"Oh? Ah I see, then give Max my regards when you see him."

But now I don't want to foreshadow if he isn't turning up. :D To be honest its triky to add hints at what may happen when others are writing, as I don't want to force you to have to follow something, thats why that future apocalypse idea wss put across so vaguely by Victor, I want you guys to decide what happens :D Not force you to follow a plot you don't want :)

I may have to join in, next time you guys make an RP. It looks like fun. ;)

Keep up the great work guys, I think I found my new reading material :D

Yeah, if you've been following the story thus far, you're absoutely more than welcome to whip up a profile and jump in where ever with an intro if you'd like. We'd be more than happy to figure out where to add you in. :)

Also, I'll change that for you, Tankeo. ;)

@Shoreyo: I'm really curious to hear more about your background prior to discovering your ability, perhaps you could fit some kind of detail origin entry in somewhere soon, I feel as though its easier for everyone to get to know each others character more with some backstory details in there as well.

Edit: Everything has been turning out amazing and you guys are posting phenomenal stuff! As my treat to this turning out to be such a hit, I'd like to draw a teaser poster for this and draw each of our characters standing side by side. So, if you guys wouldn't mind, I'd like a bit more detailed description of each of your characters appearance (via PM) and I will get started on it ASAP. Thanks!

@Shoreyo: I'm really curious to hear more about your background prior to discovering your ability, perhaps you could fit some kind of detail origin entry in somewhere soon, I feel as though its easier for everyone to get to know each others character more with some backstory details in there as well.

Aw :) I wanted to have it revealled very slowly to the other characters everytime he meets them, I know I seem to be doing a lot of subtle stuff but thats my style, clever plot revelations :D

I'll PM him, see if he wants to play anytime soon.

I must say, I like your writing, Shoreyo. And everyone else's. Mine's probably the worst writing in this thread. :D

Thanks, and skillful writing doesn't come down to eloquent language only ;) you put across emotion, and may I say the thought processes of an insane mind extremely well, which in any other situation I think would be concerning :D But here it is brilliant!

I'd post again, but Xp and ZOTD and maybe Shoreyo(?) have to their part of our "bonding session"

Also, not to be nit-picky, but Undead, on the profile Appearance section could you change the part about height to average for a 19 year old? Looks kinda wierd... :(

I've edited this thrice! What's wrong with me?

Just remember, when writing Alexander in he's pretty much dead inside right now.

I can write, but only if people are willing for me to use their characters not mine, or at least I could have a cut away scene with victor, the latter seems better as this isn't just about the group :D When the others hadn't met Dempsey Tankeo still did his bit etc, but obviously I can't do that all the time, for example this is probably too soon, so I'll have to do the former option if that is fine with people.

Or you all could post some more and I'll come in when I think necessary... your call [brains]

I can write, but only if people are willing for me to use their characters not mine, or at least I could have a cut away scene with victor, the latter seems better as this isn't just about the group :D When the others hadn't met Dempsey Tankeo still did his bit etc, but obviously I can't do that all the time, for example this is probably too soon, so I'll have to do the former option if that is fine with people.

Or you all could post some more and I'll come in when I think necessary... your call [brains]

I'm asleep unless someone wakes me up, so I'm out of it for now :)

Well fellas, we have yet another player amongst us, MegaAfroMan has officially joined the party and I have added his profile to the main thread and a excellent and interesting profile it is indeed.

I will wait for him to clarify on how he would like to start off. ;)

Otherwise, keep up the great work everyone!